News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

Lilofan

I can’t believe they going forward with that…terrible call.
Didn't Iger green light more construction and investments at Disney post recession 2008 during the time many lost their jobs, homes, and real estate values plummeted ? If some had a lot of cash at that time buying on the cheap with the stock market and homes presented a tremendous buying opportunity.

the.dreamfinder

Didn't Iger green light more construction and investments at Disney post recession 2008 during the time many lost their jobs, homes, and real estate values plummeted ? If some had a lot of cash at that time buying on the cheap with the stock market and homes presented a tremendous buying opportunity.
Not really, they kept funding the commitments they had previously made. During that timeframe, they did sell land holdings that made the urban sprawl that is Horizon West possible.

Lilofan

Not really, they kept funding the commitments they had previously made. During that timeframe, they did sell land holdings that made the urban sprawl that is Horizon West possible.
Iger could have stopped funding but even in post recession when many had their lives changed , it was going ahead with funding.

peter11435

They sold some small parcels of land but nothing I would say that “made … Horizon West possible.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So what’s wrong with the existence of Evermore? Someone need to indoctrinate me 😉

Seriously, what’s wrong with this again?
It’s more glut/overbuild when the economics don’t dictate it.

Florida is florida: boom and bust.

And where are all the people going? They putting a 1,500,000 square foot Publix next to the epic universe that holds 1,000,000 daily?

You’re getting buried in the swamp grass here

Disstevefan1

It’s more glut/overbuild when the economics don’t dictate it.

Florida is florida: boom and bust.

And where are all the people going? They putting a 1,500,000 square foot Publix next to the epic universe that holds 1,000,000 daily?

You’re getting buried in the swamp grass here
Well one thing we know, WDW knows where the brake pedal is ;)

As for Evermore, it's a business venture, it may work, it may not, in the meantime it does create jobs; the people on the job site are getting paid, and in my mind as a tourist, it can only give me more options when it opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well one thing we know, WDW knows where the brake pedal is ;)

As for Evermore, it's a business venture, it may work, it may not, in the meantime it does create jobs; the people on the job site are getting paid, and in my mind as a tourist, it can only give me more options when it opens.
I think it’s yet another in a long line of “developer fueled” projects on the I-4 corridor that will just sit forever and not really do anything other than install more traffic lights and force the tourism operators in the area to hire more people and complain about it

Disstevefan1

I think it’s yet another in a long line of “developer fueled” projects on the I-4 corridor that will just sit forever and not really do anything other than install more traffic lights and force the tourism operators in the area to hire more people and complain about it
Hire more people. Excellent! 😉Looking on the bright side of things. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom