Everest Tidbit

Avenger23

This is a 100+ Million dollar attraction. Trust people when they tell you that every calculation and computer sim has been checked 1000x over by several dozen people.

:wave:

Rcoaster809

SpenceMan01 said:
I still say that there will *NOT* be any TT-like delays due to the ride system. It's a roller coaster. It's tried and true. TT's vehicles were/are a brand-new, proprietary ride system. If anything, we'll see a problem with Mr. Yeti, as Lee has already mentioned. Get that poor Yeti some muscle relaxants already! ;) :lol:

I agree that it probably won't be as bad as Test Track was, but there is still a lot going on here. The trains will go backwards. And the "regular" rollercoasters Dragster and Kingda Ka both had (or are having) terrible first-seasons. I am still pretty confident that Disney will iron things out pretty well before opening.

wdwishes2005

Rcoaster809 said:
I agree that it probably won't be as bad as Test Track was, but there is still a lot going on here. The trains will go backwards. And the "regular" rollercoasters Dragster and Kingda Ka both had (or are having) terrible first-seasons. I am still pretty confident that Disney will iron things out pretty well before opening.
they go backwards!?!?!? i did NOT know that, awesome.

speck76

Robfasto said:
The first thing they do to ALL coasters is a 'pull through'. During a pull through they use cranes, winches & pulleys to pull a train along the entire track to make sure everything is smooth with no pinches or binding. You would not want to run a train without doing this in case something does happens and either tear the train up or worse tear the track up if the train catches on something at 50 MPH.

Pull-throughs usually only use 1 car, not the entire train

SpenceMan01

Rcoaster809 said:

Yes, however, TTD's problems were with the launch mechanisms. That portion of it had only been done on a much smaller scale (Xcelerator @ KBF). TTD was a record breaking coaster that pushed all the limits. Lets face it, EE is WDW's version of the Mummy (as far as ride system goes, I'm sure the theme/story/etc is way different). The Mummy is running fine without problems, so I would expect EE to do the same.

Kingda Ka's problems are just SF's sheer inaptitude, IMO. :lookaroun

Lynx04

wdwishes2005 said:
things can always be miscalculated, screwed up during construction, or just plain wrong.
that is why they have breaks all over the mountain. When the train goes through a section to fast the sensors pick it up and slow it down. Obviously a train filled with more guests will travel faster than a train with less guests. Specially if the train is filled with all American guests.

CaptainMichael

Lynx04 said:
that is why they have breaks all over the mountain. When the train goes through a section to fast the sensors pick it up and slow it down. Obviously a train filled with more guests will travel faster than a train with less guests. Specially if the train is filled with all American guests.

Are you calling us fat??????????? :lol:

Lynx04

wdwishes2005 said:
is it built by computers? are computers omniscient? no, computers were made by humans, they have errors, stuff can happen, am i saying it won't run, no, but saying that it is perfect and nothing can go wrong is folley.

Basicly, computers can simulate every aspect and enviromental condition the coaster will have or face. When it is all put in the computer, the computer will tell you how many g forces or the max speed the train will go at full capacity or zero capacity, they can even take into consideration the weather and other aspects like how the train would run at the end of the day compared to in the beginning of the day. The only way it would come out differently is if the data was entered incorrectly, or the coaster was not built the way it was done in the computer. The max speed could go over 55MPH but it would be slowed to what ever speed it needs to be when it goes over the brakes and it would only go about 1 or 2 MPH faster.

Does anyone have any pictures of the yeti or drawings of what it might look like. Even a description or URL would be appretiative since i am doing a report for schoolon business in theme parks and am using EE as a model or subject. Thank You again!

William

Madison

Corrus said:
FYI

The ride, when is finished, WILL go forward AND Backword...

Greetz!:D

I was speaking about both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster, not Expedition Everest.

Neither Kingda Ka nor Top Thrill Dragster are intended to go backward.

Tim G

Madison said:
I was speaking about both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster, not Expedition Everest.

Neither Kingda Ka nor Top Thrill Dragster are intended to go backward.
Ok. Sorry...

I'll get back into my basket... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom