Everest Tidbit

Vernonpush

Lynx04 said:
Basicly, computers can simulate every aspect and enviromental condition the coaster will have or face. When it is all put in the computer, the computer will tell you how many g forces or the max speed the train will go at full capacity or zero capacity, they can even take into consideration the weather and other aspects like how the train would run at the end of the day compared to in the beginning of the day. The only way it would come out differently is if the data was entered incorrectly, or the coaster was not built the way it was done in the computer. The max speed could go over 55MPH but it would be slowed to what ever speed it needs to be when it goes over the brakes and it would only go about 1 or 2 MPH faster.
Wasn't it the onboard computers on Test Track that were one of the first "problems" with that attraction's opening?

luke2102

I was just at Animal Kingdom Today and i saw the trains on the track they were pulling iy up the lift Hill!! - Sorry no Photos though, didn't have my camera at the time

Lynx04

Vernonpush said:
Wasn't it the onboard computers on Test Track that were one of the first "problems" with that attraction's opening?

I am not sure what the problem was with the onboard computers on test track. I am sure someone else on here know better than I do. But the computer used to design coasters is different than the onboard computer for test track. When is for designing purposes and the other is for running the attraction. Although, coasters do use software to monitor and adjust to keep it running safely. Test Track was unique being that it was a completely new concept. Nothing is new about EE, and will not have the software problems that TT had.

PhilosophyMagic

dxer07002 said:
A computer was not sent to WDW and made to build this thing... The construction workers aren't robots... They are human... They still have to put everything together...

No, you're wrong. The construction workers are robots.

They're from Universal Creative.

Sergeant Tibbs

luke2102 said:
I was just at Animal Kingdom Today and i saw the trains on the track they were pulling iy up the lift Hill!! - Sorry no Photos though, didn't have my camera at the time
Really? Thats awesome. One step closer...tooo...awesomeness:sohappy:

SpenceMan01

Lynx04 said:
I am not sure what the problem was with the onboard computers on test track. I am sure someone else on here know better than I do. But the computer used to design coasters is different than the onboard computer for test track. When is for designing purposes and the other is for running the attraction. Although, coasters do use software to monitor and adjust to keep it running safely. Test Track was unique being that it was a completely new concept. Nothing is new about EE, and will not have the software problems that TT had.

Finally! Someone agrees with me!

pbc

I AM NOT SAYING THAT EVEREST WILL HAVE TEST TRACK-LEVEL PROBLEMS HERE

But.

I have a feeling the backwards-switchbacks and all that might become a point of trouble in the early days of Everest operations. I base that upon nothing, just a feeling.

SpenceMan01

pbc said:
I AM NOT SAYING THAT EVEREST WILL HAVE TEST TRACK-LEVEL PROBLEMS HERE

But.

I have a feeling the backwards-switchbacks and all that might become a point of trouble in the early days of Everest operations. I base that upon nothing, just a feeling.
Revenge of the Mummy @ Universal has the same type of backwards section. The switching mechanisms are already in use on other coasters (not Mummy). I think the main source of any delays will be themeing related (eg: Yeti, like Lee mentioned).

trimmerTOT

i know there is nothing specifically "new" about the ride system but...
"Expedition Everest will be the first ride to use Vekoma's newest track system. Rather than the rails be on the inside of the ties, they will be on the outside. To date Vekoma has only used this system on their smaller roller coasters. This will be the first large scale installation of such a system" RCDB.com
so there is potential for problems...but i'm sure Disney and Vekoma will resolve them without delay (fingers crossed)
on the TTD and Kingda Ka....there are numerous problems with Intamin's "rocket" coaters, especially these HUGE installs! Some blame the parks, other blame Intamin themselves...i dont know, think you just have to live with the problems they bring you for the thrill they can give when you can get on (EE wont have this kinda problem...although it being Vekoma, i can see this become a really rough ride a few years down the track, hopefully the headrests will have good padding!)

SmarterChild

While there is nothing with the new ride system itself, I think we're all forgeting the effects beyond the coasters. Imagineers have said that the Yeti will be the largest audio-animatronic to date. Being that it's already having problems in Glendale, there's a chance that it may have some troubles in Orlando as well. The Yeti could be just one of the many future problems for Expedition: Everest's special effects, but I'd like to think otherwise...

mrtoad

Someone asked in the thread but did not get an answer so I will ask again. Does anyone know when the project date is for opening?

Madison

trimmerTOT said:
(EE wont have this kinda problem...although it being Vekoma, i can see this become a really rough ride a few years down the track, hopefully the headrests will have good padding!)

Remarkably, nearly all of Vekoma's work Disney has held very well throughout the years. Disneyland Paris' Space Mountain, from what I've heard, seems to be the sole exception.

trimmerTOT

Madison said:
Remarkably, nearly all of Vekoma's work Disney has held very well throughout the years. Disneyland Paris' Space Mountain, from what I've heard, seems to be the sole exception.

Wait for Rock n Rollercoaster to age a lil, i think that will get rough, and BTM in DLP isn't excatly smooth....but i see your point. Maybe it's Vekoma's rides with inversions that take the most wear and tear? All coasters get rougher over time though, i dont wish to bash Vekoma needlessly, i really hope the rail system helps the situation and EE has a long and smooth running life!

themouseman

JKovach said:
so can your face

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I was just bored and that 12 year old brat got back inside my head...

nothing personal inteded there.... JUST BORED... and interested in EE

I am DEFENTNELY excited!!!
HAHA I say that all the time even when it doesn't make sense:p

Yen_Sid1

SmarterChild said:
While there is nothing with the new ride system itself, I think we're all forgeting the effects beyond the coasters. Imagineers have said that the Yeti will be the largest audio-animatronic to date. Being that it's already having problems in Glendale, there's a chance that it may have some troubles in Orlando as well. The Yeti could be just one of the many future problems for Expedition: Everest's special effects, but I'd like to think otherwise...

But the Yeti will not impact the ride at all. The ride will run fine if the Yeti is not working. The Yeti is part of the Show not the Ride. I can see in the future, if they have a problem with the Yeti, they will just turn it off and leave it stationary and still run the ride.

CaptainMichael

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Wait E:E isnt going to be smooth in a few years? I sure hope it is because i hate rough rollercoasters.

As long as it is well maintained, it should be a smooth ride for many years, but with age things wear down. That's the truth for pretty much everything on Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom