Everest Tidbit

peter11435

Benjo221 said:
It's really nice to see pics that are inside of the mtn, rather than the same old construction photos of outside the attraction. Are we to assume that the final ride will have wall construction similar to what's in the pics, or with there be more snow-covered theming added on the inside of the mtn as well as the outside?
Im curious how snow would get inside the mountain. While it would be cold inside a mountain, it does not usualy precipitate in them.

This question might have already been answered in previous posts, but I will ask it anyway. Has it been announced how fast EE will go at top speed? I don't expect it to break TT's speed, but I imagine it will be going faster than the cars at Indy Speedway...

wdwishes2005

adamthegetupkid said:
This question might have already been answered in previous posts, but I will ask it anyway. Has it been announced how fast EE will go at top speed? I don't expect it to break TT's speed, but I imagine it will be going faster than the cars at Indy Speedway...

i don't think they can release a definite speed until they do several runs with the trains.

peter11435

wdwishes2005 said:
i don't think they can release a definite speed until they do several runs with the trains.
About 55 mph. Trust me when I tell you they no exactly how those trains will travel those tracks long before they even begin construction.

JKovach

Account Suspended
so can your face

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I was just bored and that 12 year old brat got back inside my head...

nothing personal inteded there.... JUST BORED... and interested in EE

I am DEFENTNELY excited!!!

peter11435

wdwishes2005 said:
things can always be miscalculated, screwed up during construction, or just plain wrong.
Actually not really. These things are not designed with post-it notes and popsicle sticks. The ride will perform exactly has it was planned to.

wdwishes2005

that doesent mean something cant be screwed up, Imaginneers are human, although at times it seems like they ren't at times. besides, someone can screw something up building it, or something not planned can happen.

peter11435

wdwishes2005 said:
that doesent mean something cant be screwed up, Imaginneers are human, although at times it seems like they ren't at times. besides, someone can screw something up building it, or something not planned can happen.
The ride was designed and built by computer. Thus again I say the ride WILL operate as planned.

wdwishes2005

peter11435 said:
The ride was designed and built by computer. Thus again I say the ride WILL operate as planned.
is it built by computers? are computers omniscient? no, computers were made by humans, they have errors, stuff can happen, am i saying it won't run, no, but saying that it is perfect and nothing can go wrong is folley.

The_CEO

I think it is safe to say that it's first independent run will be the slowest it will ever have. From the videos I have seen from all rollercoasters being broken in.. They run the slowest on their first real run.

Captain Chaos

Designed on a computer bu humans.. A computer was sent to WDW and made to build this thing... The construction workers aren't robots... They are human... They still have to put everything together... I am glad they may be testing soon.. Hopefully, if any flaws are found, they can be fixed in no time...

peter11435

wdwishes2005 said:
is it built by computers? are computers omniscient? no, computers were made by humans, they have errors, stuff can happen, am i saying it won't run, no, but saying that it is perfect and nothing can go wrong is folley.
Obviously there is a chance that something may be wrong, but then that something will be taken care of so the ride operates as planned.

As for construction, in a way, yes the rides are built by computers. They have machines that bend, twist, and from metal to exact specifications of the computer design. And yes there is still a chance for human error. However if they star running the ride and it goes 65 or only 45 mph they are not going to say "oh well" we screwed it up. They will find and fix the problem to make the ride run at the planned 55 mph.

You seem like one of those half empty kinda guys.

SpenceMan01

sillyspook13 said:
I hear that, although the mountain isn't completed, the trains will be running on the track soon. I've yet to hear how soon testing will begin, but I've heard through the grapevine that they want to begin testing the trains as soon as possible to avoid any delay in opening. (Many of you remember the two year delay at Test Track...)

I still say that there will *NOT* be any TT-like delays due to the ride system. It's a roller coaster. It's tried and true. TT's vehicles were/are a brand-new, proprietary ride system. If anything, we'll see a problem with Mr. Yeti, as Lee has already mentioned. Get that poor Yeti some muscle relaxants already! ;) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom