Everest Tidbit

sillyspook13

Original Poster
I hear that, although the mountain isn't completed, the trains will be running on the track soon. I've yet to hear how soon testing will begin, but I've heard through the grapevine that they want to begin testing the trains as soon as possible to avoid any delay in opening. (Many of you remember the two year delay at Test Track...)

Mission: SPACE

I've heard the same thing. I think it was on a paper our managers gave us to look at... but I wouldn't expect to see it during park hours... It will most likely be early, EARLY morning or late evening when very few people are around.

Robfasto

The first thing they do to ALL coasters is a 'pull through'. During a pull through they use cranes, winches & pulleys to pull a train along the entire track to make sure everything is smooth with no pinches or binding. You would not want to run a train without doing this in case something does happens and either tear the train up or worse tear the track up if the train catches on something at 50 MPH.

CAPTAIN HOOK

sillyspook13 said:
the trains will be running on the track soon.
Well, we're halfway through July and so I suppose that the testing of the tracks / trains is a natural progression as we're expecting (hoping) EE to be open in the new year and thats only just over 5 months away.
I'd love to see some pictures from the insides of the mountain - any takers ??

peter11435

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Well, we're halfway through July and so I suppose that the testing of the tracks / trains is a natural progression as we're expecting (hoping) EE to be open in the new year and thats only just over 5 months away.
I'd love to see some pictures from the insides of the mountain - any takers ??
There were two already posted on here. I will see if I can find them.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Robfasto said:
The first thing they do to ALL coasters is a 'pull through'. During a pull through they use cranes, winches & pulleys to pull a train along the entire track to make sure everything is smooth with no pinches or binding. You would not want to run a train without doing this in case something does happens and either tear the train up or worse tear the track up if the train catches on something at 50 MPH.
talk about whiplash........ man, that wouldnt be good. id be a little nervous being the first one..... but it would definately be worth being in the record books.

anyone know when Mr. Yeti is going to be snuck in the back door and assembled?

EDIT: i guess they would have to wait until the roof is complete. duh.

Lee

Adventurer
Last timeframe I heard, which has been a little while, had Mr. Yeti arriving in sunny Florida within the next 6 weeks or so...depending on his health.

Mission: SPACE said:
I've heard the same thing. I think it was on a paper our managers gave us to look at... but I wouldn't expect to see it during park hours... It will most likely be early, EARLY morning or late evening when very few people are around.

Totaly agree with you there. Animal Kingdom doesnt close until 7pm at the latest. Down here Orlando it doesnt get dark until around 7:30 or 8, so if they get the trains on the track, they have a good hour to test. Plus they could bring in additional lighting. Or as Mission: Space has said they could also do it early in the morning.

WDWCP

Lee said:
Last timeframe I heard, which has been a little while, had Mr. Yeti arriving in sunny Florida within the next 6 weeks or so...depending on his health.

Poor Mr. Yeti... Has he come down with a cold? :)

joel_maxwell

Lee said:
thanks LEE.

hopefully ( :rolleyes: ) they will transport him like they did Cinderella carriage when it got repaired and Mr Yeti will be exposed to everyone from the back of a flatbed 18 wheeler.

but i doubt it.

dizknee

I am hoping and wishing (and I would pray if I were a religious man), that the scaffolding will be down when I get there in September.

Please just nod and say "Yeah, Yeah that shouldn't be a problem." Don't burst my bubble :)

joel_maxwell

Sergeant Tibbs said:
That last one is the 80 foot drop right?
this is at the base of the mtn and were you exit. in the pics that went with this one, there is a reverse angle, looking out of the tunnel, and you are below the main lift hill.

WDW Kip

It's really nice to see pics that are inside of the mtn, rather than the same old construction photos of outside the attraction. Are we to assume that the final ride will have wall construction similar to what's in the pics, or with there be more snow-covered theming added on the inside of the mtn as well as the outside?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom