everest-dude's trip report

ok so i spent about 6 and a half days down in central Florida and i am going to tell you what i saw while i was down there

MK
i spent little time here just cause it was crowded every day

SGE was terrible and so was MILF both the times i went on it

the games for SM were amazing but the ride is NO DIFFERENT :brick:

Splash was looking terrible and there were a lot of rude people yelling at cast members for its closing. I also was confirmed that lap bars are being installed.

BTMR broke down all three time i rode it

TTA also broke down and i was stuck on that in a dark tunnel for over an hour... it was also broken down almost every time i walked past it

PPF was not worth the wait

moving on to EPCOT

i spent most of my time here

JII had no wait and was DATED more than any ride at WDW besides HISTA

MS never had no more than a 40 min wait while Soarin' and test track were pulling 100-120 mins at the same time

TT seemed like the refurb didn't do anything except for the LED lights which were amazing... Disney needs to either update or remove the screens in the cars because they were fuzzy all 20 times i rode it

Soarin' was, as always, amazing... the games were turned off though when i went

SSE still doesnt have an ending!!! :ROFLOL:

and i hope illuminations never goes away

on to DHS

Muppets needed some TLC... glad its going down in April and May

Lights motors action was cool... i wish they hadn't shown me how they did it though

TOT needs a new preshow movie desperately... im sure ill get hate comments for saying that and this... the overall ride just isn't that thrilling anymore

RnRc was AWESOME... and a castmember confirmed to me that aerosmith wasnt going anywhere :)

didn't get to see fantasmic

american idol was empty every time i walked by... show time or not

and i'm glad star tours is getting refurbed because it was awful

and now AK

this and EPCOT were my favorite parks of the trip

Everest as u can tell is my favorite ride and i have to say the overall RIDE was great... the steam was working... i didnt see either of the waterfalls working... the bird was working i think... and the yeti was scary to me... but i really wish they would do something to the backside because it just looks cheap... when i say the overall ride i mean the rollercoaster part

Kali was awesome although it was cold... it was a walk on everytime i rode it

the safari was OK i'm not a huge fan... sorry to its lovers out there... it just is not a re ridable experience for me... it seems like it needs more than one story if u understand what i mean

Yak and yeti was by far the best place i ate all trip... besides California grille

dinosaur was cool... its not one of my favorites either... now it is

i loved primeval whirl so simple yet fun

Notes:

stayed at the yacht club which was amazing... it was close to everything

the ESPN restaurant had great wings great atmosphere... terrible service and long long long waits :brick:

and i have one question:
will Disney use their new marvel purchase to build a fifth park... maybe a thrill park to compete more with IOA

if u need to know anything else just ask

Bairstow

Maybe the difference is that Jungle Cruise is a ride that has gotten steadily better since opening and Kilimanjaro Safaris has been consistently downgraded.

Animaniac93-98

I personally think Safaris needs a storyline/plot. Just riding around on a rough road, hoping to see animals isn't enough for me. I need a bit more...um...adventure. Kinda like Rhino Rally. If AK could combine the fun of Rhino Rally with the setting and animals of KS....perfection.

Adventure is fine, but I don't need a story involving a plastic elephant and poachers you never actually see to make me enjoy the attraction more.

Rocking bridge and things? By all means.

hack2112

Try doing it over 10 times in a row at night, then come tell me about being scarred.:lol:
Oh trust me, I would have. And I understand. I've had to spiel from 12 AM to 7 AM straight and clean for 3 hours before going home, then do it again the next night.

Spieling once is fun. Spieling for 7 hours straight? Notsomuch.

TalkingHead

Not really. It's pretty obvious if you listen to/pay attention to the queue.:wave:

:lol: Ok, next time I'm in line for the Jungle Cruise, I'll wait quietly like I'm in a church so that I can hear the BGM and uncover the mysterious storyline of the ride.

Right.

How many people pay close attention to the queue, anyway? I'm guessing very few.

SirGoofy

:lol: Ok, next time I'm in line for the Jungle Cruise, I'll wait quietly like I'm in a church so that I can hear the BGM and uncover the mysterious storyline of the ride.

Right.

How many people pay close attention to the queue, anyway? I'm guessing very few.

Doesn't change the fact that it is there.:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Of course there is a story to JC. A good one, too.

Safaris used to have a good story....well, maybe not good, but at least there was some effort to give it a coherent storyline.

astif said:
The story line/plot is that you're on a african safari trying to see these "exotic" animals while really being in florida. maybe they should add a few spins and even a loop.
Hah. Funny.:rolleyes:

Animaniac93-98 said:
Adventure is fine, but I don't need a story involving a plastic elephant and poachers you never actually see to make me enjoy the attraction more.
Doesn't hurt. Beats just riding around out there, imho.:shrug:

_Scar said:
With this logic, wouldn't Dinorama be great too.
It HAS a storyline... but no one pays attention or CARES.
Dinorama has a nice story. I dig it.

CaptainessKylie

Also, why do they play the song now where there's nothing to see and can't play it for very long?
:fork:

Are you talking about when they turn the radio up briefly before the rocking bridge?

If so, the reason the song is there briefly now is because people were complaining of being able to hear the people in the jeep in front screaming as they "rocked". So it's literally just to cover up the screams and protect the magic a bit :wave:

Susan Savia

Why does Safari even need a storyline? Whats wrong with just riding through it with some narration from the driver about what your seeing?

_Scar

Are you talking about when they turn the radio up briefly before the rocking bridge?

If so, the reason the song is there briefly now is because people were complaining of being able to hear the people in the jeep in front screaming as they "rocked". So it's literally just to cover up the screams and protect the magic a bit :wave:

Wow, that's awesome and clever!

Why does Safari even need a storyline? Whats wrong with just riding through it with some narration from the driver about what your seeing?

Right? Can't it just be a safari?! It's an added bonus that it does have a pretty nice storyline IMO, but I still love the ride for the animal/no-story portion. A lot of people just don't like watching animals, so naturally they wouldn't like safari. No need to bash it for the story.

DisneyNut2007

SGE was terrible and so was MILF both the times i went on it

the games for SM were amazing but the ride is NO DIFFERENT :brick:

Splash was looking terrible and there were a lot of rude people yelling at cast members for its closing. I also was confirmed that lap bars are being installed.

BTMR broke down all three time i rode it

TTA also broke down and i was stuck on that in a dark tunnel for over an hour... it was also broken down almost every time i walked past it

PPF was not worth the wait

JII had no wait and was DATED more than any ride at WDW besides HISTA

MS never had no more than a 40 min wait while Soarin' and test track were pulling 100-120 mins at the same time

TT seemed like the refurb didn't do anything except for the LED lights which were amazing... Disney needs to either update or remove the screens in the cars because they were fuzzy all 20 times i rode it

SSE still doesnt have an ending!!! :ROFLOL:

TOT needs a new preshow movie desperately... im sure ill get hate comments for saying that and this... the overall ride just isn't that thrilling anymore

american idol was empty every time i walked by... show time or not

Another negative type, aren't you?

If you can learn to love Primeval Whirl, you'll learn to love SGE, MILF, the new SSE, etc.

Lee

Adventurer

Because that's what you do at a zoo, and this supposedly is notazoo.
Asked...and answered.
Exactly right. I expect more from a Disney safari that I would from one anywhere else.
Riding around with a driver saying "Look over there at that animal. Oooh...now look at that one!" for 20mins = :snore:
Seeing animals while also being part of a thrilling adventure to protect them from evil poachers = :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom