everest-dude's trip report

ok so i spent about 6 and a half days down in central Florida and i am going to tell you what i saw while i was down there

MK
i spent little time here just cause it was crowded every day

SGE was terrible and so was MILF both the times i went on it

the games for SM were amazing but the ride is NO DIFFERENT :brick:

Splash was looking terrible and there were a lot of rude people yelling at cast members for its closing. I also was confirmed that lap bars are being installed.

BTMR broke down all three time i rode it

TTA also broke down and i was stuck on that in a dark tunnel for over an hour... it was also broken down almost every time i walked past it

PPF was not worth the wait

moving on to EPCOT

i spent most of my time here

JII had no wait and was DATED more than any ride at WDW besides HISTA

MS never had no more than a 40 min wait while Soarin' and test track were pulling 100-120 mins at the same time

TT seemed like the refurb didn't do anything except for the LED lights which were amazing... Disney needs to either update or remove the screens in the cars because they were fuzzy all 20 times i rode it

Soarin' was, as always, amazing... the games were turned off though when i went

SSE still doesnt have an ending!!! :ROFLOL:

and i hope illuminations never goes away

on to DHS

Muppets needed some TLC... glad its going down in April and May

Lights motors action was cool... i wish they hadn't shown me how they did it though

TOT needs a new preshow movie desperately... im sure ill get hate comments for saying that and this... the overall ride just isn't that thrilling anymore

RnRc was AWESOME... and a castmember confirmed to me that aerosmith wasnt going anywhere :)

didn't get to see fantasmic

american idol was empty every time i walked by... show time or not

and i'm glad star tours is getting refurbed because it was awful

and now AK

this and EPCOT were my favorite parks of the trip

Everest as u can tell is my favorite ride and i have to say the overall RIDE was great... the steam was working... i didnt see either of the waterfalls working... the bird was working i think... and the yeti was scary to me... but i really wish they would do something to the backside because it just looks cheap... when i say the overall ride i mean the rollercoaster part

Kali was awesome although it was cold... it was a walk on everytime i rode it

the safari was OK i'm not a huge fan... sorry to its lovers out there... it just is not a re ridable experience for me... it seems like it needs more than one story if u understand what i mean

Yak and yeti was by far the best place i ate all trip... besides California grille

dinosaur was cool... its not one of my favorites either... now it is

i loved primeval whirl so simple yet fun

Notes:

stayed at the yacht club which was amazing... it was close to everything

the ESPN restaurant had great wings great atmosphere... terrible service and long long long waits :brick:

and i have one question:
will Disney use their new marvel purchase to build a fifth park... maybe a thrill park to compete more with IOA

if u need to know anything else just ask

Next Big Thing

Two things: If you went this weekend you are reporting about, it was ESPN the weekend at DHS. Even if you went during the week, you may have caught some of those crowds which would lead to the longer waits there. I went on friday and had about a 15 minute wait (which wasn't that bad). We had pretty good service though. Overall we liked it.

Second, it has been confirmed there are no lap bars on splash from people who've rode it.

everest-dude

Original Poster
Two things: If you went this weekend you are reporting about, it was ESPN the weekend at DHS. Even if you went during the week, you may have caught some of those crowds which would lead to the longer waits there. I went on friday and had about a 15 minute wait (which wasn't that bad). We had pretty good service though. Overall we liked it.

Second, it has been confirmed there are no lap bars on splash from people who've rode it.

no i went not this week but the last... the crowds were from presidents week break up north... and thats weird... why would a cast member tell me about the lapbars

hack2112

no i went not this week but the last... the crowds were from presidents week break up north... and thats weird... why would a cast member tell me about the lapbars
The lapbar cars are sitting in Central Shops. Maybe they'll roll them out together when they're all done (or after they train the CMs in how to use them correctly).

mastif

I'd be curious to know for sure. I've heard from quite a few different people on this message board that there are in fact lap bars being put into place.

Also, that sucks about BTMR breaking down the 3 times you rode it!! I just read another trip report on here and they also mentioned rides frequently breaking down....

Lee

Adventurer
In my best Phineas voice, "Yes, yes it is."

But the poachers storyline should be dropped, IMO. Either that or fix the gun toting jeep.
Yes. Fix the effects, return the props, and beef up the story.
That is all that stands between KS and greatness.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
haha LOL

does anyone know what the new affect will be on TOT
Yes. :p

You can`t knock Kilimanjaro - aside from everything else - since it`s all about the real animals. It dosn`t need a plot at all aside from a little bit of education. It could be different, yes, but not better.

I've never seen that dang jeep. And I want to.
It`s long gone. The rails are still there though. I`m more worried about Wilsons plane. It was MIA last December. Both of them.

SirGoofy

It`s long gone. The rails are still there though. I`m more worried about Wilsons plane. It was MIA last December. Both of them.

Oh, I know the rail is still there, it's sitting there plain as day!:lol:

The planes have been gone for a loooong time if I remember correctly. I haven't seen them since my CP.

kerrie

I think an this is my opionion that they should make a section of the park (dhs) marvel with rollercosters, more adult orented rides. It would not only bring in more revenew like disney needs it but also compete with uvs which just added harry potter. and should have UVS pay them for the use of marvel name and characters. I am sorry for my spelling.:brick:

Lee

Adventurer
I`m more worried about Wilsons plane. It was MIA last December. Both of them.
Long gone as well. At least one was sold several years ago.

I personally think Safaris needs a storyline/plot. Just riding around on a rough road, hoping to see animals isn't enough for me. I need a bit more...um...adventure. Kinda like Rhino Rally. If AK could combine the fun of Rhino Rally with the setting and animals of KS....perfection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom