Everest Concept Art and Press Info

CTXRover

I was just wondering, does anyone know for a fact where Everest is going? I know people have said that there is construction equipment in the land between Asia and Conservation Station. However, there was also a lot of talk before the announcement that it would be in Asia, but across the river from Tarzan Rocks. Did Disney ever say where they were building it? Is the construction equipment being used at the site yet (which would let us know for sure where it is going)? :)

DonickCo

I’m still not exactly shore about that myself but I heard that it is only going to be 1 acre in size, which could fit between The rapids and Tarzan.

SirNim

The concept art sure looks like it's going to be behind the rapids, an extension of Asia that is parallel to the walkway between Africa and Asia, not perpendicular to it which would indicate a spot more nestled between Asia and Rafiki's Planet Watch.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by CTXRover
I was just wondering, does anyone know for a fact where Everest is going? I know people have said that there is construction equipment in the land between Asia and Conservation Station. However, there was also a lot of talk before the announcement that it would be in Asia, but across the river from Tarzan Rocks. Did Disney ever say where they were building it? Is the construction equipment being used at the site yet (which would let us know for sure where it is going)? :)

The ride is in fact going to be built behind the Rapids and across from Tarzan Rocks! Right in that nice little corner. :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by goofyfan13
The ride is in fact going to be built behind the Rapids and across from Tarzan Rocks! Right in that nice little corner. :)

Weird... since i'm backstage there several times a week, and I haven't seen it directly behind Tarzan Rocks

CTXRover

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Weird... since i'm backstage there several times a week, and I haven't seen it directly behind Tarzan Rocks

Are they doing anything in the land between Asia and Cons. Station (aka Rafiki's Planet Watch) or is the equipment possibly just being stored there until it is ready to use in the land across from Tarzan Rocks?

Wherever its going to built, I'm sure its going to look great :)

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by CTXRover
Are they doing anything in the land between Asia and Cons. Station (aka Rafiki's Planet Watch) or is the equipment possibly just being stored there until it is ready to use in the land across from Tarzan Rocks?

Wherever its going to built, I'm sure its going to look great :)

yeah... there's a HUGE friggin hill, and scaffoliding with a side of the mountain wall already up.. it's closer to the main RPW building than anything else. Also, constant WDI presence, and a HUGE amount of construction equipment/loose lumber/actual construction

CTXRover

Originally posted by mktiggerman
yeah... there's a HUGE friggin hill, and scaffoliding with a side of the mountain wall already up.. it's closer to the main RPW building than anything else

Cool, thanks for the info :) Any pictures? Maybe too soon to ask, huh? :lol:

(Also, the work is probably seen mostly from baskstage , where pictures aren't allowed. Am I right?).

One question, do you know what the backstage area looks like? Will the mountain be seen from MJT when finished? I think it would create a very nice and authentic backdrop for some of the animal viewing.

mkt

Premium Member
I personally won't risk my job for taking pictures... but i'm sure others will. It's too early to judge, but the wall that is up looks like a huge friggin rock... so to me it looks real

Matt56

What ever happened to that "BARN" they were building in AK? Is this near the area proposed for EE? Are they still building it?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Matt56
What ever happened to that "BARN" they were building in AK? Is this near the area proposed for EE? Are they still building it?

barn? I know i've seen some construction equipment behind Africa, by Tusker House. Maybe that's it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom