Ever wonder...?

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ever have questions about any of the parks that you may not have voiced but are still pretty curious about? For example, I'd like to know how the Haunted Mansion is supposed to fit into Liberty Square? I never understood the theming there. The same applies to the Tomorrowland Speedway. What in the world does that have to do with tomorrow?

Steveo83

I disagree! I LOVE Sounds Dangerous. I think Drew Carey is really good in it. Plus the sound is so cool it feels like there really are bees swarming around your head and like someone is really cutting your hair. I think its great and much better than the other thing they had there (the sound effect thing).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by YankeeFan
Ever have questions about any of the parks that you may not have voiced but are still pretty curious about? For example, I'd like to know how the Haunted Mansion is supposed to fit into Liberty Square? I never understood the theming there.

Liberty Square has a Colonial-era theme, and the Haunted Mansion exterior is modelled after a Colonial Manse. It fits perfectly. :)

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Steveo83
I disagree! I LOVE Sounds Dangerous. I think Drew Carey is really good in it. Plus the sound is so cool it feels like there really are bees swarming around your head and like someone is really cutting your hair. I think its great and much better than the other thing they had there (the sound effect thing).

Meh, everyone has their own opinion. I just think it's boring.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by RoqueC17

Meh, everyone has their own opinion. I just think it's boring.

Right, you have your opinion, but answering your question, they still had good reason to make it.

It was inexpensive, creative, and enjoyable. No, not to the masses, but nothing at Disney is enjoyable to everyone. That doesn't mean they won't build something, just because someone doesn't like it.

Plus, it is better than having an empty theater!

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Liberty Square has a Colonial-era theme, and the Haunted Mansion exterior is modelled after a Colonial Mase. It fits perfectly. :)

And the msystery for me is solved! I have always wondered why it was in Liberty Square. Thanks, Steve!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I desperately want to know why they built SOUNDS DANGEROUS. What an awful attraction...

The first time I went on it, my headphones weren't working. Then, my last trip, I went on it for lack of other things to do and my headphones worked. After I got the full effect, I really liked it! Especially the hair cut! :D

To each his own though...

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
Indeed, the first time I went on it, it wasn't that bad. Then the second time, it god bad, and the third time, I just hated it.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by YankeeFan
The same applies to the Tomorrowland Speedway. What in the world does that have to do with tomorrow?

I was just thinking of that yesterday...lol....apparently in the future...we all drive small cars that pour our horrendous emmisions...go 5 mph top speed...and are bound by a metal rail....if that is the future of driving...I will just take the bus.....:lol:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DMC-12

I was just thinking of that yesterday...lol....apparently in the future...we all drive small cars that pour our horrendous emmisions...go 5 mph top speed...and are bound by a metal rail....if that the future of driving...I will just take the bus.....:lol:

7mph top speed...

The only reason it is in tomorrowland here is becaseu it was in tomorrowland in DL where Walt put it. I also think that it hasn't been taken up because of the work, and it is fairly popular. I always see long waits there.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Liberty Square has a Colonial-era theme, and the Haunted Mansion exterior is modelled after a Colonial Manse. It fits perfectly. :)

That's a bit of a stretch. The Haunted Mansion doesn't look at all colonial-esque. It's an anachronism to the theme of the (very small) land.

ArsonWinter

I've often wondered why Carosel of Progress was in Tomorrowland. Wouldn't that be better suited in Epcot? What about why some countries are in the World Showcase. If you don't have a ride or attraction, then what's the point? Why Disney never tried to push attractions down the throats of sponsors? What about how they have Animal Kingdom, and yet there aren't many aquatic-types or anything (Living Seas nonwithstanding)? What about how Downtown Disney isn't that big of a deal?

Yeah, some of these are retoricial, but they're still questions I've asked myself.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Isn't sounds dangerous gone now? I thought they replaced it with that commerical...I mean show about ABC's fall lineup.

Yeah...if anyone has more info on this let me know...cause I really wanted to see it this trip....

BTW..its still listed on the offical site Here.

JLW11Hi

Indeed, the first time I went on it, it wasn't that bad. Then the second time, it god bad, and the third time, I just hated it.

Yeah, thats the ting about the show. If they are going to fill it with a rather cheap show, they should make it a point to update it every so often, if they are still inexpensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom