Ever have regrets after a WDW trip?

Scott951

Original Poster
Have you ever returned from a trip in Disney World only to have some regrets that you didn’t do something different?

There are three things that stand out in my mind:

1. I wish I took things at a slower pace with my kids and soaked the whole experience in more during our trip last October. Every time I have been to Disney World before, I always went commando-style. I had to fit in every ride. I had to go into every store. I had to see every show. In October was my first time with my kids (ages 3 and 2 at the time). Now mind you, I pulled back on the harness greatly compared to my old ways, but there was still a part of me that wanted to make sure my kids would see everything that I knew they would enjoy. Looking back, instead of stressing about getting everything in, I should have taken more of a backseat to my kids and just watch their faces more. Seeing their reactions was worth more than the price of admission. To them, the whole magic was real.

2. Contrary to what I mentioned in number 1 above, I wish I pushed my 3 year old daughter a little more in one instance. We were at the Magic Kingdom and on the kids’ first ride ever, Stitch asked my daughter to go on the Dumbo ride with her. My daughter has seen the movie countless times before and she was not scared of the character (either on film or “in real life”), but for whatever reason, she did not want to go. Talk about a prime photo opportunity and a memory my daughter (or my wife and I) would not forget. Once my daughter said no, I asked her maybe 2 or 3 more times and dropped it. Maybe I could have pushed a bit more or bribed her (LOL..nothing wrong with bribing your kid a little here and there). Mind you, I NEVER would have forced her.

3. Here is a biggie. I wish I didn’t spend as much on souvenirs (especially t-shirts). Why is it that in Disney World, money seems like monopoly money to me? That is, until I get my credit card bill….LOL.

wdwmomof3

I have had a few like wishing I had bought a few things that I really wanted and spending more time in the parks at night. I am also one of those that have to be up and going and rush, rush all day long to get everything in. We decided on the way home that our next trip will be a little more relaxed. We have also never done a water park and next time they want to maybe try one to relax a little. As I am saying this, I don't see it happening. My energy level is way to high to relax at Disney. :lol:

Yankeeplex

We went on a DW trip, last may for memorial day, and that was a disaster. Not only was it as hot as the surface of the sun (we normally go in November, February, and April), but we went 1 week after my father-in-law tore a muscle in his leg. He was supremely uncomfortable, we went no where fast, and we ended up missing half the stuff we wanted because we couldn't get out of the room before noon. In hindsight, we should have canceled. But hey, it is still better to be in DW than anywhere else.

DizneyPryncess

I only have one major regret leaving WDW. I got into a fight with a friend, sort of sister. It was such a stupid fight, over rides & getting into lines w/out each other, and other various things. It ended up blowing up, and I walked out of dinner at Kona Cafe & went back into the MK w/my fiance.

As it turns out, on her way back from dinner an hour later, the monorail driver let her drive the monorail because there were no other passengers but her & 3 of my other family members, all riding up front. I have heard about it/seen the video enough times to scream. I wish I would've just stayed at dinner. :(

We're very good friends again, stupid fight ~ just a regret on my part! :rolleyes:

hhhmickey

Have you ever returned from a trip in Disney World only to have some regrets that you didn’t do something different?

There are three things that stand out in my mind:

1. I wish I took things at a slower pace with my kids and soaked the whole experience in more during our trip last October. Every time I have been to Disney World before, I always went commando-style. I had to fit in every ride. I had to go into every store. I had to see every show. In October was my first time with my kids (ages 3 and 2 at the time). Now mind you, I pulled back on the harness greatly compared to my old ways, but there was still a part of me that wanted to make sure my kids would see everything that I knew they would enjoy. Looking back, instead of stressing about getting everything in, I should have taken more of a backseat to my kids and just watch their faces more. Seeing their reactions was worth more than the price of admission. To them, the whole magic was real.

I agree with you about this...every time we return from a Disney trip we say we need to slow down and just enjoy being there more. It's just not in my nature though...we love to get to the parks early and then we just go, go, go until we drop!:)

TALON819

Regret

I have only 2 regrets. The first one is the year I went to Disneyworld with my in-laws. They fought with each other all day long, never in agreement on where to eat, what to ride, or what park to go to, and the biggest fight was, who will drive the rental car.
The other, was the choice to stay at Saratoga Springs. It just dosnt have that Disney feel to it. It was ok but, it felt like we were outside the park. The food court was nothing special. Just not a place i would stay again.

tharmscott

Major regret - allowing my ex-husband to go with us 2 months after the divorce. The girls thought they wanted him to come so I did it for them but then they regretted it too.

Brother_Bean

I agree on the slowing down thing.

I also regret not going to WDW for longer an I wish when I was a few years younger I would have moved out there and tried to get a job as a CM. :(

PanfanAL

Yeah we took my wifes parents last fall(their first trip). And it was also the first trip for our 2 yr old son. He did great, but I think I pushed them too hard. I have always spent all day in the parks going almost non stop. And I think , even though they enjoyed it, they would have had a better time if we slowed down more.

LetsGoAgain

Chiming in to say that I wished we had not pushed so hard. We took mid day breaks but still it was tough on my girls. There was at least one major melt down a day and those aren't fun at WDW.

I guess they have about 3 melt downs a week at home so I shouldn't complain that much I guess!

One more regret was having so many breakfast ADRs.

pixiesteno

ever have any regrets ...

We took my mother-in-law for a week and let's put it this way, it was like having someone's 2 year old that you can't discipline for a whole week. When she purposely refused to remove her metal jewelry at the airport and put a manicure kit in her carry-on after being reminded not to; well, let say that TSA invited her to have a chat with them at MCO. I decided then and there that if they were going to keep her beyond our flight, she was on her own. So live and learn. Although, she's not going with us this year for Christmas :sohappy:

Philo

At WDW...no. I can't think of a single thing I truly regret (apart from going home). There been a couple of meals I wasn't fond of and maybe a bad experience or two but I think it's safe to say I don't regret any of it.

MicheleK

Like quite a few of you have stated, I wish I would have "slowed" down in the park. But I too am a get to the park by/before opening and stay until close, kind of girl. My kids (18 and 13) are just like me and my husband, good sport that he is, doesn't complain (too much!). I think his only real issue is not being able to have a beer in MK in the evenings (poor baby!) I make sure to keep nice cold beer ready for him back at our room :lol:.

Though I do have to admit, we went this past Christmas :xmas: and "took in the sights". I had alreayd warned the kids that we won't get to ride everything this trip, so be prepared. I think they were okay with it, loved the sights, but missed the "speed of light" we usually travel at :confused:.

WDW 3

Not Going Sooner

My only regret is not pushing my DH harder to go in the first place! He loves it and now we go every 18 to 24 months. Not annually yet, but working on it.
Under No Regrets:
I am glad that on our first trip with our DD she was old enough to go all day.
We don't push. Most of our friends that have gone to WDW after us and have not enjoyed themselves, not really interested in going back have all done 2 things.
1. stayed off property and 2. tried to do too much and ended up disappointed because they didn't see it ALL.
We have never done a morning EMH, we go to evening EMH and don't worry about what time we head out the next morning. This is what works for us:)

UKDisneyAddict

I wish that we had stayed in a Disney resort for our honeymoon. We had previously stayed at the original Port Orleans resort (now French Quarter) a couple of years before, so we found being off-property a real let down. Our only thought at the time was to save money, but it just isn't the same. When you've had the best, don't bother with the rest!!!! :animwink:

orlando210

Chiming in to say that I wished we had not pushed so hard. We took mid day breaks but still it was tough on my girls. There was at least one major melt down a day and those aren't fun at WDW.

I guess they have about 3 melt downs a week at home so I shouldn't complain that much I guess!

One more regret was having so many breakfast ADRs.

Taking time in the middle of the day is truly one of the smartest ways to really increase the 'quality' of the trip.

After many years of running through the parks, maximizing fast passes, and generally running at the same pace as 'normal life', it is much nicer to go at a slower pace and take a break from 1-4.

Tinkerbella16

2. Contrary to what I mentioned in number 1 above, I wish I pushed my 3 year old daughter a little more in one instance. We were at the Magic Kingdom and on the kids’ first ride ever, Stitch asked my daughter to go on the Dumbo ride with her. My daughter has seen the movie countless times before and she was not scared of the character (either on film or “in real life”), but for whatever reason, she did not want to go. Talk about a prime photo opportunity and a memory my daughter (or my wife and I) would not forget. Once my daughter said no, I asked her maybe 2 or 3 more times and dropped it. Maybe I could have pushed a bit more or bribed her (LOL..nothing wrong with bribing your kid a little here and there). Mind you, I NEVER would have forced her.

3. Here is a biggie. I wish I didn’t spend as much on souvenirs (especially t-shirts). Why is it that in Disney World, money seems like monopoly money to me? That is, until I get my credit card bill….LOL.

Yeah, I probably would've pushed a little more also to get her to do it. It is very rare and doesn't happen to everyone, to get to ride with a character. I would love to have that oppurtunity. You could have had some fantastic pictures and the experience itself.

I think every trip I regret spending so much on stuff in wdw. But then again, that is why I bring spending money with me, and it is hard not to sometimes. I buy too much for others back at home while I am there, and that is my problem.

My regret is staying in a value resort for our last trip.. I know many people who have had fantastic experiences at the value's but our time there was not enjoyable.. Moderate or higher from now on for us..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom