Ever have regrets after a WDW trip?

hardcard

Yeah... My wife and I went to WDW a few years back... Before kids.. And, well... we kinda never went ANYWHERE near the castle.. not near, in, or on.. It was kind of a disappointing revelation when we got back home..

:(

Of course, we're moving to central florida in just a few weeks, and I'll have plenty of time to spend with the castle :)

Scott951

Original Poster
When we went last October, we only had 4 days in the parks (one park for each day) in addition to a 3 day disney cruise. We just felt rushed as hard as I tried not to.

My family is going back in October 2010. At that time, my kids will be 7, 5, and 2 1/2. Our plan is to go for 8-10 days and take our time in the parks. We will have 2-3 days for each park, meaning we can go back for naps, hang out at the hotel pool, or whatever else.

Scott951

Original Poster
Yeah, I probably would've pushed a little more also to get her to do it. It is very rare and doesn't happen to everyone, to get to ride with a character. I would love to have that oppurtunity. You could have had some fantastic pictures and the experience itself.

I think every trip I regret spending so much on stuff in wdw. But then again, that is why I bring spending money with me, and it is hard not to sometimes. I buy too much for others back at home while I am there, and that is my problem.

Yeah, looking back, I am sure the promise of a Princess doll would have done the trick.

I am with you on spending so much for people at home. That just adds to the souvenier total.

wdwmomof3

I have another one. I hate that I didn't take enough pictures. I had about 300 but I find that I missed a lot. Also, I wish that I had gone into the scrap booking store at DTD and loaded up.

David

Before our last trip (which ended just last Friday) I told my wife I finally wanted to ride in the front of the monorail and ride the top row in Soarin'.

Didn't do either, so now I have to plan ANOTHER trip. Jeesh!!

Scooter

I regret never going on the Skyway to Tomorrowland ride.:(

Whenever we went to The Magic Kingdom years ago, I always meant to ride it, but the lines were always too long and I would say to myself..."Next Time"

Well sadly, "Next Time" never came and the ride closed forever on November 9th 1999.

IheartWDW

The biggest regret i have is from when i went my my family in '91. I wish we would of taken more pictures. We really have very limited ones to remember this vacation...

eliezrah

3. Here is a biggie. I wish I didn’t spend as much on souvenirs (especially t-shirts). Why is it that in Disney World, money seems like monopoly money to me? That is, until I get my credit card bill….LOL.
Hey, when we went, I told you I wanted to put a limit on our spending! LOL

My regret sorta goes along with the OP's (who happens to be my DH)... I wish we didn't try to do it all with the kids as well. We were there for 10 days and did 4 days in the parks and the 4 night cruise. As much as the kids LOVED the ship, it made us feel too rushed in the parks. Our next trip with the kids will be 10 days in the parks only and then we'll do the week cruise the trip after that.

ETA: I should have read the entire thread before posting since I see Scott said basically the same thing I did already! LOL

DisneyFan1003

I agree with all on the whole "slowing down" mentality. We always get there and rush, rush all over the parks. By the end of the trip, we have to pull ourselves out of bed in the morning! This summer, we're using the heat of July as our excuse to head back to the resort for a swim and a nap!

We've also always wanted to see Cirque...we finally bought tickets for this trip and are very much looking forward to checking that off our list.

Since this will most likely be our last trip before kids, we're going to take advantage of each day and let the magic guide us, knowing that our next trip, our focus will be on introducing our kid to Disney! :ROFLOL:

crazydaveh

I usually regret how much I spend on adult beverages at EPCOT and other places... Sure it's fun at the time, but man does it take a while to pay off!

I also regret if I do not get to see Donald at all four parks. He's the real reason for the parks, not that crazy mouse! :)

KnK

My husband and I have the same one every year after our vacation.

After 10 days on property......we always say 'But we did not do anything!"

Looks like another trip we need to plan........poor us!

MCO Dreamin

Two things...... Not buying a paving brick at MK when they first came out, at the time I could have been right up front. :brick:

And not sticking around to see the original Main Street Electrical parade when we were there on out honeymoon in 1977, and then not going to DW during it's return run a couple years ago! Double:brick::brick:

maryszhi

not always, but sometimes something small
like not doing a ride , rushing things, not buying a souvinear and having to do it through mail order.
its always a blessing to us that we are able to go. with the economy the way it is , we feel blessed that we can still take trips
another one is putting pics / home movies we took in our suitecase. something happens to them all the time: either they are lost/scratched exc.

DVC Dave

I had a regret when I joined DVC - we went on a 10 day vacation at a Disney Villa resort and then found out about the DVC. Had i done my research BEFORE i made my plans for my trip (we made the plans about 18 months before we left) i could have used the money i spent on the trip as a downpayment on my DVC membership and then not had to pay anything for our resort when we went. Instead I paid for and went on my vacation. Fell in love with the DVC resorts. Came home and then shelled out more money for a DVC membership.
but its all totally worth it.

*TXWDWFAN*

My regrets are: not staying long enough, not getting my photopass pictures (I always forget) :hammer:, not talking my DH into using park hopper, not buying enough souvenirs, etc., etc.

tdonald

My regrets:
Not truly realizing how great SSE '94 was until they changed it (not that I don't like it now)
Not doing ToT until only a year ago (not that I was scared, the rest of my family)
And
***not eating enough***!!! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom