Ever gone with a Disney Virgin??

mouseketeer53

My first visit to DW was in 1986, so I was 33 (but I had been to Disney Land when I was 7; does that count?) Anyway, I had wanted to go to DW since the minute it opened, and my first visit (and my later six visits) did not disappoint AT ALL. But I'm going this November with two friends, all of us women in our fifities, one of whom is a Disney virgin AND did not raise children, so she has very little familiarty with the more current characters and movies, so I'm a little nervous for her. But it'll be okay. WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! (Sorry, just booked the trip yesterday, still pretty excited.)

mousebymarriage

I too am worried about going to Disney with people who have never been before. We are planning to go to WDW in January with another family (no one in the family of 5 has ever been to ANY Disney park, ever!) I am worried that they will not enjoy it as much as we do. They have heard us talk about it for a long time and I just wonder what they are expecting, will they be disappointed? I would feel horrible if they hate it because it is an expensive vacation and I don't want them to be pi$$ed at us if it doesn't live up to their expectations!

davinakb

Been several times with newbies and no one has been disappointed. As others have posted, let Disney do the entertaining, let your friends' interest guide the day. You just provide the insight (making ADRs, working fastpasses) to help them enjoy it more. FWIW.

Dragonrider1227

Our little sister went for the first time on 2005 and had a great time. It was awesome taking her through things for the first time I had known since childhood. At least until we got her on the Haunted Mansion. Boy, THAT was a mistake. :lookaroun

brucie

Original Poster
Just booked my trip with the Virgins (with free dining) and I had to go back and read all of this again, Thanks everyone for the great advice. I will try not to take the lead too much, only when necessary. I will try and go at there pace and hopefully they will both "get it"!! Thanks again for all the posts!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I will try not to take the lead too much, only when necessary. I will try and go at there pace and hopefully they will both "get it"!! Thanks again for all the posts!!

Oh dear, they march to the beat of the drummer or they get left behind, no room for wooses!

EPCOT Explorer

I went with teenage Disney vergins last year on my band trip.Worst Disney trip ever.They hated it.I hated them.I'm sorry,if you can't even admit Splash mountain or ROE is cool you have a problem.They did like MGM though.

Joseph360

Okay, I have a few of those experiences:

1. Me and my parents went with my Aunt Susie (who is really not my aunt, just a friend of my parent's, i dont know how i got to calling her aunt?:veryconfu) But, anyway, one of the days we were there we had gone to EPCOT ( Every Parent Comes Out Tired:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:) and we had rode Mission Space and when we had gotten off she had said she felt dizzy and headed back to the hotel ( All- Star Movies), and i could not believe it!! She had to leave a few days earlier than us ( not because she was dizzy, that was just her plans.:eek:) But it was one of the most amazing experinces of her life, according to her!:sohappy:

2. last year we went with my (real) granny. So before we left, she had never flown, and she promised not to ride any roller coasters. Well, when we got back, she said she loved the 2 flights (there and back) and she rode almost all the roller coasters!:ROFLOL: She had sent us a card thanking us for an amazing trip.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Dwarful

Last summer I went with my daughter's Girl Scout troop (and family members). A total of 36 of us in all. 24 were first timers! only 7 of us were WDW regulars, the other 5 had all been once at some point in their lives. I wasn't sure we would even still be talking before we arrived at WDW...all I can say is THANK GOD FOR PAM! Our group might just hold the record for "Most changes made to a trip before arriving at WDW".

With that said, EVERYONE had a blast. Several parents told us "Ok, so NOW we know why you keep going back". One family is heading back down this year (but not with us). No one had complaints about the resort, the parks or the dining. Good things were said by all and great times were had by all.

Mimi

My experience has been that teenagers are the biggest problem in this department. They get crabby, want to do their own thing and usually don't want to admit to having fun on a family vacation (even when you have photographic evidence of them laughing with Tigger's arm around them). But as time goes on I think that even that ice melts off.

Ultimately there is no one who can resist the magic!

I've actually had more trouble traveling with Disney vets than with Disney virgins. They can be VERY annoying. Anyone else had this experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom