Ethics / Loopholes

bearprn

I am adamant about following the rules and the limit is 6 family members. I will bend to seven if one is a child. I know your frustration of an ECV pulling up at the last second and getting on first. What grinds my gears is when they pull up when I am just about full and expect me to put people off to get them on ! And believe me it happens often these people get awfully upset when you try to reason with them about unloading the bus ! They expect " me first" service.

Let me guess: you have a customer complaint when checking out for being “ rude and unhelpful” ( thought I was going to say “unmagical” didn’t you)LOL

The Empress Lilly

You are not coming off strong at all. I think ten is a bit much because it's hard to get a fast pass for and I actually waited 2.5 hours for the ride last year and got EMERGENTLY evacuate and never got to do the ride. So yeah I was a little heated when a guy on the bus was booking 6 days of FoP fast passes and letting them go to waste.
The fastpass is unused. The spot on the ride however isn't. It went to somebody in the standby line. So he did give up his ride to you.

correcaminos

I've never seen that in all honesty. I've been going to WDW for many years and I can say 100% of my time, an ECV gets first dibs and more often then not, they have a large posse that potentially fills the bus up to a degree that I've missed out.

I've traveled with my aunt who has CP and relies on wheels to get around. I can tell you we have had double the wait at many lines since you have to wait for a specific vehicle to get into. The worst in particular was an extra 25+ minute wait to get onto Kilimanjaro safari. To do IASW we had a 20 minute wait instead of 10 to get onto the right boat. For Jungle Cruise we waited 20 minutes extra only to find out that the boat that holds a chair was broken down as was the other one. I could go on and on.

They do not get first dibs on nearly anything and honestly touring with an ECV/wheels is significantly harder and requires far more patience than without. We have to move slower through the crowds even. The only time we had special preference was eating at Columbia Harbor House. They had HA seating roped off.

We also cannot get on a bus at all if space is already taken up, so we've missed out on buses just like you said above.

We also have to wait until every single person is off the bus to disembark and then it takes a few extra minutes. I can go on and on, but I'm sorry if I completely lack sympathy for missing a bus because an ECV takes up a few extra spots. I guarantee your trip without one is far easier than ours when we are with one.

Last edited:

Frankie The Beer

I book extra FP's and ADR's with several different accounts and then resell them to the greedy one percent who can afford my insane prices. They are happy. I'm happy. While you're asleep I'm making money with the click of a mouse. 7 years of medical school for what?

Minnesota disney fan

I've traveled with my aunt who has CP and relies on wheels to get around. I can tell you we have had double the wait at many lines since you have to wait for a specific vehicle to get into. The worst in particular was an extra 25+ minute wait to get onto Kilimanjaro safari. To do IASW we had a 20 minute wait instead of 10 to get onto the right boat. For Jungle Cruise we waited 20 minutes extra only to find out that the boat that holds a chair was broken down as was the other one. I could go on and on.

They do not get first dibs on nearly anything and honestly touring with an ECV/wheels is significantly harder and requires far more patience than without. We have to move slower through the crowds even. The only time we had special preference was eating at Columbia Harbor House. They had HA seating roped off.

We also cannot get on a bus at all if space is already taken up, so we've missed out on buses just like you said above.

We also have to wait until every single person is off the bus to disembark and then it takes a few extra minutes. I can go on and on, but I'm sorry if I completely lack sympathy for missing a bus because an ECV takes up a few extra spots. I guarantee your trip without one is far easier than ours when we are with one.

Very eloquently said, Helenabear:) If only everyone who complained could walk, er ride, a mile in your shoes. I had to do this only one time and it was an eye opener. The main irritation I felt was just being ignored by everyone, except the CM's. It was like I wasn't even there. And not being able to see anything at all as you are riding along trying to dodge the people who stop in front of you or dart across your path. Very restful, not! I could go on and on.........

Goofyernmost

Thank you... I have been trying to get that message through to the self centered for years now. If only everyone was forced to use a mobility vehicle in order to leave their house. Perhaps, there would be a whole lot fewer self centered, uncaring people on the planet. Wouldn't that be nice.

Smiley/OCD

Yeah that's what me and my buddy said. At that same show he had this toy called a "Thundertank" which is a really sought after toy from the Thundercats line in the 80's and it was basically this big tank that looks like a cat but it had actual real "treads" that came with it and to find one now with original treads is rare and pretty high. So he had one without treads and was still asking quite a bit for it and told another vendor he "had the original treads" but they were just at home but he'd "send them to him" and that dude was gonna buy that from him and I pulled him off to the side and told him that guy was a complete liar and what he was planning on doing was buying what are called "reproduced" treads because there is a company that reproduces hard to find toy parts and sells them for a pretty penny to people who want to "complete" certain playsets with hard to find pieces and things like that but the guy was gonna sell them as though they were "original" treads which would make them even MORE expensive. The crazy thing is the dude done business with him ANYWAY! PT Barnum was right about a sucker being born every minute for sure. LOL!

I sell collectible toys and I can assure you this type of thing goes on all the time...there are a few "notorious" vendors, and those are the guys that have the same merchandise at every show, EVERY time. Word spreads VERY quickly and karma IS a b***h. That's why as a vendor, I ALWAYS insist the prospective customer open the box and looks at it with their own eyes...you buy it and walk away, have a happy day!! Unfortunately, for every 100 honest people, there's ONE that ruins it for everyone else.

correcaminos

Very eloquently said, Helenabear:) If only everyone who complained could walk, er ride, a mile in your shoes. I had to do this only one time and it was an eye opener. The main irritation I felt was just being ignored by everyone, except the CM's. It was like I wasn't even there. And not being able to see anything at all as you are riding along trying to dodge the people who stop in front of you or dart across your path. Very restful, not! I could go on and on.........

Thank you! I love my aunt dearly and while it wasn't easy to travel with her, I am glad she did. She's not completely confined to a chair and can no longer travel at all. So we had quite a few good years traveling with her. It just made me far more aware of other issues than I thought. It was more frustrating to travel but it totally brought her joy and if she ever could go again (she needs constant nursing care now though) we'd go through all that again in a heartbeat.

I get you on the being invisible type of feeling. We've had great CMs in general but the general public can vary. I would sometimes bring the ECV to her or park it for her and even then was bad enough. I'm sure I got a lot of side eye parking it for her too ;)

Thank you... I have been trying to get that message through to the self centered for years now. If only everyone was forced to use a mobility vehicle in order to leave their house. Perhaps, there would be a whole lot fewer self centered, uncaring people on the planet. Wouldn't that be nice.

I see people say that kind of thing all the time, and I think until they really experience it, they will never fully understand. I'm not even thinking of the hardships of said disabilities that came with it, but everything with just having wheels is not easy at all. I truly think this is out of comprehension for many.

Assuming you mean "cerebral palsy" and not "Candlelight Processional"...
Since Candelight Processional is a show, I would say you are right. Sorry, I don't always type out but in most every other locations CP is known to be just cerebral palsy and I forgot where I was for a moment :p

Phil12

Walt would be proud of people that game the system. After all, he made his personal fortune by gaming the shareholders.

bearprn

I do not believe anyone has a problem with people that really need the EVC/ WC and keeping in mind not all disabilities are visible. The problem occurs when one person is accompanied by 10 people and when the EVC/WC is used by different individuals in their “posse” ! It’s much cheaper/ easier to rent a EVC get a disability pass and not have to wait in line. Yes, they do have to return but hey no line for them and the price of the EVC/WC split between a group is a great deal. These are the persons most people following the rules have a problem with and not a lot can be done because they cannot be asked what their disability is ! The people that have a genuine need for the EVCs end up with the snide remarks or looks especially the ones with the invisible disabilities.

Goofyernmost

I do not believe anyone has a problem with people that really need the EVC/ WC and keeping in mind not all disabilities are visible. The problem occurs when one person is accompanied by 10 people and when the EVC/WC is used by different individuals in their “posse” ! It’s much cheaper/ easier to rent a EVC get a disability pass and not have to wait in line. Yes, they do have to return but hey no line for them and the price of the EVC/WC split between a group is a great deal. These are the persons most people following the rules have a problem with and not a lot can be done because they cannot be asked what their disability is ! The people that have a genuine need for the EVCs end up with the snide remarks or looks especially the ones with the invisible disabilities.
Good argument, but, in real life not something that is worthwhile. As far as the posse is concerned, if you decide to make a family trip would you tell Mom that she can't go because it would not be liked by a group of (I don't even know a descriptive adjective, supply your own) people that are upset because you might want to keep your group together? Usually after they make the snide comments about how families might deal with family members that are just trying to have a good experience, will undoubtedly make it a point to tell others, that aren't a burden to "Have a Magical Day". Humans as a whole are massive hypocrites and uncaring people and the very reason why so many people worship their dogs.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Also even with the old paper FP system people would get up early and rush to the park with their whole party's tickets and feed a fast pass machine the tix of folks that weren't actually in the park just to make sure they got one.
I dont see how this is considered taking advantage of the system. If there is a family of 6 and the dad goes to the park at rope drop and goes to the FP machine and gets 6 paper FP, those FP would have a return time window. They were not "return anytime". The dad only has two options. Wait for the family to arrive and all ride together, or he could use all the FP's himself and ride 6 times within the return time window. Either way, the only FP's created were the ones they were already entitled to by having a park ticket. There is no difference if one person uses them all or the whole family rides together, its still the same amount.

drizgirl

I dont see how this is considered taking advantage of the system. If there is a family of 6 and the dad goes to the park at rope drop and goes to the FP machine and gets 6 paper FP, those FP would have a return time window. They were not "return anytime". The dad only has two options. Wait for the family to arrive and all ride together, or he could use all the FP's himself and ride 6 times within the return time window. Either way, the only FP's created were the ones they were already entitled to by having a park ticket. There is no difference if one person uses them all or the whole family rides together, its still the same amount.
That wouldn't happen. Tickets had to be scanned at the gate for admission for a paper FP to be issued.

correcaminos

I will say this nicely yet again. There are far more negatives to having a wheel chair or ECV, than not having one. Even with a huge group. Also getting a disability pass isn't all that easy. They do very much scrutinize those getting it (the first time at least, repeat usage is much easier) and I can tell you from my experiences and those shared with me they don't just hand it out like candy.

So if you (generic) are running into those 'sharing chairs' in the current set up, I doubt they are really able to scam the system at all. In fact they likely would be more annoyed with the system and wouldn't do it again. A lot of lines are set up to hold chairs so there is no bonus to getting one unless you are lazy and don't want to walk. As I said for the rest of it, the waits are often longer, and it's much harder to navigate as a whole.

Maybe years ago when some let wheels through quicker (which wasn't our experience anyway) and they were using the old disability pass, that might have been gaming the system. They've really closed it off so wheels get access, but not priority (as it should be). I think people assume this happens when in reality I see no bonus to doing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom