Ernesto

DDuckFan130

I thought about you and your new shutters when I saw that the models had shifted. lol
LMAO

Well, we've been waiting to use them, and would've been disappointed if the hurricane season passed and we didn't get to :lookaroun

But I hope it's not too bad :lol:

Lanipie

Frankly, if you're at WDW, you'll be in a very safe place, and eventually you'll be able to go back to your homes. Think of what all the people who are facing serious property damage or worse are going through....!

Ummmm even though I am worried about my WDW trip, I have dear family and friends in Florida. So of course I will be thinking about them. I'm bummed about my trip but I'm not heartless...........

pinkrose

Original Poster
...ernesto Continues To Bring Heavy Rains To Haiti And The Dominican
Republic...new Watches And Warnings Issued For The Bahamas.

At 11 Pm...0300 Utc...the Government Of The Bahamas Has Issued A
Tropical Storm Warning For Ragged Island And Great Exuma In The
Central Bahamas. A Tropical Storm Warning Means That Tropical
Storm Conditions Are Expected Within The Warning Area Within The
Next 24 Hours.

At 11 Pm...the Government Of The Bahamas Has Issued A Hurricane
Watch For Andros Island In The Northwestern Bahamas. A Hurricane
Watch Means That Hurricane Conditions Are Possible Within The Watch
Area...generally Within 36 Hours.

At 1100 Pm Edt...0300z...the Center Of Tropical Storm Ernesto Was
Located Near Latitude 18.6 North...longitude 74.7 West Or About 155
Miles...255 Km...west Of Port Au Prince Haiti And About 115 Miles...
185 Km...south-southeast Of Guantanamo Cuba.

repeating The 1100 Pm Edt Position...18.6 N...74.7 W. Movement
Toward...northwest Near 7 Mph. Maximum Sustained Winds...50 Mph.
Minimum Central Pressure...1004 Mb.

Disney411

Im flying to disneyworld on the 31st at 10:00 PM. We make a stop in atlanta around 6 AM I belive, and then we take off to MCO and are suppose to arrive on Sep 1st around 8:30 - 9:00 AM. I hope we don't have a probelm with this hurricane. I wonder if we will be delayed in atlanta or even make it to atlanta?

SpongeScott

114506W_sm.gif

SpongeScott

Im flying to disneyworld on the 31st at 10:00 PM. We make a stop in atlanta around 6 AM I belive, and then we take off to MCO and are suppose to arrive on Sep 1st around 8:30 - 9:00 AM. I hope we don't have a probelm with this hurricane. I wonder if we will be delayed in atlanta or even make it to atlanta?
I think you're going to be okay. You might be delayed out of ATL, but they can take a different flight path to avoid anything doing with Ernesto. By the time you leave Friday morning, it will be off the coast of SC.

Disney411

I really hope so....Im sure everything will be cool. I was just reading this from www.weather.com :

Ernesto weakend dramatically Sunday afternoon and was downgraded to a tropical storm. Top winds are estimated to be near 50 mph, mainly in thunderstorms to the northeast of the center of circulation. Ernesto has been moving just off the Haiti coast and interaction with the mountainous terrain of Haiti is believed to have weakened the system. Ernesto will still have interaction with the Haitian coast through tonight, which could weaken the tropical storm even more. Tomorrow Ernesto is forecast to move toward Cuba and could have a small window of opportunity to strengthen before making landfall in the early afternoon. Ernesto is forecast to remain over Cuba for about 24 hours before emerging into the Florida Straits Tuesday afternoon.

You can find this here: http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/?from=wxcenter_news

Disney411

Im from California, we don't have the weather you guys get over there. But I do here your weather changes really quick. One minute it's sunny the next its pouring....

Disney411

I believe an earthquake doesn't last that long, as compared to a hurricane. They both cause alot of damage, but the amout of hurricanes you guys have compared to earthquakes we get is alot different. we do get little ones but the dont really do anything. the last huge one was like 15 or so years ago I think, in SF.

I hope this thing just dies out or swings, no one needs this right now after last year.

DDuckFan130

We are almost ready. We have batteries, food, blah blah blah...now we need to get a couple of fans now that we have the generator...yay? :lookaroun

Woody13

We are almost ready. We have batteries, food, blah blah blah...now we need to get a couple of fans now that we have the generator...yay? :lookaroun
I pretend. I crank up the window A/C unit and turn on a 21” floor fan to simulate a power outage due to a major storm. It’s good practice. :wave:
I have them running now. :D

DDuckFan130

I pretend. I crank up the window A/C unit and turn on a 21” floor fan to simulate a power outage due to a major storm. It’s good practice. :wave:
I have them running now. :D
:lol:

After Katrina, it was very hot and humid but it wasn't that bad. Wilma was much nicer because the weather was cool. We'll see what happens :lol:

Woody13

:lol:

After Katrina, it was very hot and humid but it wasn't that bad. Wilma was much nicer because the weather was cool. We'll see what happens :lol:
I thought I was going to die after Dennis! It was so hot and humid in the house I had to go outside. We couldn't get a wink of sleep day or night! There was no breeze at all. I vowed to never let that happen again! After Ivan, the weather was nice. Just as you described Wilma, it was cool at night and we had a light breeze. We could sleep with some comfort. I really disliked not having a shower to clean up. I've solved that problem too. I now have a battery operated shower! :lol: :wave:

DDuckFan130

I thought I was going to die after Dennis! It was so hot and humid in the house I had to go outside. We couldn't get a wink of sleep day or night! There was no breeze at all. I vowed to never let that happen again! After Ivan, the weather was nice. Just as you described Wilma, it was cool at night and we had a light breeze. We could sleep with some comfort. I really disliked not having a shower to clean up. I've solved that problem too. I now have a battery operated shower! :lol: :wave:
Awesome! :lol:

The shower thing...ahh! During Katrina, the cold shower was very nice. But omg during Wilma :eek: You could hear me yelling and I kept running back and forth so I wouldn't be under the cold water for long :lookaroun

pinkrose

Original Poster

That was us after Ivan and Katrina both. Ivan was worse because power was lost longer. It was so hot and humid. The kids were miserable and complaining. We were lucky though. We only went 2-3 days. Nothing like you guys on the coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom