EpcotServo's May 31st STUDIOS Update: Open Mania!

CariBear

My family and I went yesterday around 6pm....fastpass was gone...and the wait was 90 minutes. The line moves so slowly.......you almost want to pull your hair out! Good news was that the 90 minute wait was actually 60 minutes.....but it still felt like the wait was longer due to the fact that you hardly move.

We loved the ride though....wish it was longer!!

krankenstein

Unfortunately, this is the case for many FP-rides. Does anyone remember when Buzz Lightyear had no FP? You couldn't stop to tie your shoe in the line because it moved so fast.

Yep! I wish Disney would only put this on the major E-tickets (TOT, RNRC, Space, Splash, E:E, Soarin', etc) and leave the D-Ticket and below Fastpass free!

RSoxNo1

Perhaps it's ignorance, but I don't see fastpass as the hindrance that others see it as. To me, it seems that for TSM, they just haven't determined the appropriate number of fast passes to distribute for each time period.

As for the clearing of the line during previews - I was under the impression that not every guest was allowed in for the previews or at the very least were even aware that the previews were going on. It seems that long waits for this ride will be inevitable, much like Soarin, the appeal is widespread, but the ride's capacity is limiting. I'm guessing that TSM will have regular waits that are longer than Rockin' Roller coaster and Tower of Terror for that reason.

krankenstein

Perhaps it's ignorance, but I don't see fastpass as the hindrance that others see it as. To me, it seems that for TSM, they just haven't determined the appropriate number of fast passes to distribute for each time period.

As for the clearing of the line during previews - I was under the impression that not every guest was allowed in for the previews or at the very least were even aware that the previews were going on. It seems that long waits for this ride will be inevitable, much like Soarin, the appeal is widespread, but the ride's capacity is limiting. I'm guessing that TSM will have regular waits that are longer than Rockin' Roller coaster and Tower of Terror for that reason.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fastpass on most of the attractions and use it to my own advantage. That said this attraction does not need it. I never saw a moment when people were not constantly going back to ride TSM during previews and at the point I was there it was in soft opening period (meaning it was open to everyone). Which makes it that much more impressive to me that they cleared the queue.

I don't know if you have rode TSM yet, but it becomes pretty clear that this attraction doesn't need Fastpass once you see how the load is setup and the way queue is utilized.

Edit: 400th post!!

Raven66

Love your updates. They are great for those of us that aren't going to be heading to WDW for a long while. Thanks for taking the time to do them. We appreciate it, ALOT!:wave:

Daneault

I tought exacly the same thing when i first read the first post. "Well they just need to give a dramaticly lower amount of FP. Sure all the FP for the day will go in the first 30min of the parks opening, but it will still reward thoses people :D

Thanks for the report EpcotServo! Can't wait to try this in 6 weeks!

Brian Noble

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FP/Standby mix adjusted. The FP queue is very very short, and fills quickly at the ratio they were using on Sunday 5/25.

MousDad

Anyone have an idea of about what time the last Fastpasses are being issued?

If standby waits are currently 60-90 minutes, what's it going to be like in about 4-5 weeks? Yikes.

imamouse

Thanks for another great update. :wave:

I'm sure they'll dial in the right FP distribution to keep both lines moving. Although it's an omnimover load, the broad appeal of this attraction warrants FP.

My family refuses to wait in long lines and FP has meant the difference between going to WDW and staying home.

krankenstein

Thanks for another great update. :wave:

I'm sure they'll dial in the right FP distribution to keep both lines moving. Although it's an omnimover load, the broad appeal of this attraction warrants FP.

My family refuses to wait in long lines and FP has meant the difference between going to WDW and staying home.

Just to clarify, TSM is not a omnimover ride, nor does it have an omnimover style load. The ride loads 2 trains at once meaning 16 people are put on the attraction at each load. The load itself reminds me more of a Fantasyland style load.

darthjohnny

To me, it seems that for TSM, they just haven't determined the appropriate number of fast passes to distribute for each time period.

I agree. I think every new ride has to find their own balance of fastpasses and have time for the cast members to really know how to work both lines.

socalkdg

I remember when Space Mountain re-opened at Disneyland in July 2005. Before it "officially opened", FP was closed and the line moved quickly and was usually below 60 minutes (often in the 30-45 range, especially earlier or later in the day). When it officially opened, FP was started up, wait times multiplied to 120 minutes, and the line was unbearably slow out in the hot sun.

Space Mountain now takes about 10 minutes with a FP, about 60 minutes for standby most days. Just needed to get past the initial weeks of use, as well as adjustment of the number of Fast Passes. You should see the same thing with TSM in a couple months.

It will be interesting to see how long the waits are for the one at DCA so we can compare line lengths. We just need to remember that DCA runs about 2/3 attendance of DHS, so hopefully the line will be around 30 minutes most of the time.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
no photo of the lift off from the shuttle?

oh, and your date is wrong in the camera... google says the photos were taken in september of 07...

Great shots nonethe less, I know i had fun yesterday... even when somoene lost his ear and dropped it.

I would've, but I was in Five Guys when it took off...and I forgot all about it until I saw the trail on the way back home.

:lol:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
:wave:

animay

I always love your updates, Servo. Thanks for taking the time to put them together for us.

I'm surprised they changed the Kodak logo in Muppets. Did you catch the start of the pre-show to see if they altered it the whole time the characters are messing with it on the ropes, or just when it's hanging there not moving?

EpcotServo

Original Poster
I always love your updates, Servo. Thanks for taking the time to put them together for us.

I'm surprised they changed the Kodak logo in Muppets. Did you catch the start of the pre-show to see if they altered it the whole time the characters are messing with it on the ropes, or just when it's hanging there not moving?

No, I didn't catch that. I guess they did.

basas

I tought exacly the same thing when i first read the first post. "Well they just need to give a dramaticly lower amount of FP. Sure all the FP for the day will go in the first 30min of the parks opening, but it will still reward thoses people
Thanks for the report EpcotServo! Can't wait to try this in 6 weeks!

If you go in the first 30 minutes, you shouldn’t need FP on most days.

Thanks for another great update.

I highly doubt that. The parks worked for 45 years without Fastpass. Have we become so impatient as a society that we need everything instantly?

Space Mountain now takes about 10 minutes with a FP, about 60 minutes for standby most days. Just needed to get past the initial weeks of use, as well as adjustment of the number of Fast Passes. You should see the same thing with TSM in a couple months.
It will be interesting to see how long the waits are for the one at DCA so we can compare line lengths. We just need to remember that DCA runs about 2/3 attendance of DHS, so hopefully the line will be around 30 minutes most of the time.

Space Mountain now has a lower wait because it’s not “the new thing” like it once was. The lines would be even shorter w/o FP. I’m sure the situation will improve within a few weeks at TSMM, but FP will always create a problem. (Look how well that “adjustment” has gone at Soarin’ and Test Track.

Erika

I highly doubt that. The parks worked for 45 years without Fastpass. Have we become so impatient as a society that we need everything instantly?
It's completely a matter of preference. I love my microwave, I love my digital camera, I love my email and I love Fastpass. Am I impatient? Some might say so :lol:

I haven't noticed the FP problems mentioned above, but I'm not that frequent a visitor, so that might be the difference :shrug:

basas

It's completely a matter of preference. I love my microwave, I love my digital camera, I love my email and I love Fastpass. Am I impatient? Some might say so :lol:

I haven't noticed the FP problems mentioned above, but I'm not that frequent a visitor, so that might be the difference :shrug:

Oh, I understand. There are those fans who love FP, and those of us who don't. We each have our reasons and are both unlikely to change our minds :lol:.

I just don't like some of the "doom and gloom" scenarios sometimes used by FP-supporters (aka: no-one would visit the parks because the lines would be too long and everyone hates long lines). As I said, the parks were around for 45 years without Fastpass. In fact, they saw some of their highest attendance (mid-late '90s) without Fastpass. Would you prefer FP to no-FP? Perhaps. But would you stop going? I know I certainly am not going to stop visiting just because I don't like it. In fact, I'm even forced to use it now and then because of what it has done to the regular lines!

MasonDuo

:wave: EpcotServo My head is in the 2nd picture. The big old noggin the left

I was also in the area where you took the kim Possible picture :eek:

as for the Fast Pass, I think they just need to do some tweaking with the amount distributed. Also I was very impressed with how they loaded the guests with wheelchairs. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom