EpcotServo's CALIFORNIA Updates: The Return [Part 1 Online!]

TP2000

I'm really enjoying this TR! It's been a couple years since I went to Universal Studios, but I agree that their fabulous tram tour is worth the price of admission. I think it will be time to go again in a year or two when that new Transformers ride opens. Universal is very different from Disneyland, but they do a great job up there on the hill.

Which brings me to my next point and gentle correction... :D

I'm afraid what you were pointing out in your pictures were not actually "mountains" but were simply hills. The Hollywood Hills or the San Gabriel foothills in the valley, to be exact. The mountains are beyond the hills. You should come visit SoCal in December when they get their first good coating of snow and they stand out like you wouldn't believe, making them look huge even from Orange County. From December through March you get views like this of the San Gabriel Mountains...

mtc102009LARGE.jpg

Now that smog is pretty much a thing of the past in SoCal, and most 21st century kids today don't even know what smog is, (there hasn't been a Smog Alert day in OC in almost 15 years now) the views of the hills and mountains around Southern California are particularly impressive. If you had visited SoCal 30 years ago, you wouldn't have seen the hills and mountains and valleys like you did this visit in the futuristic and scrubbed-clean year of 2010.

Loving your Trip Report! You are capturing the differences of Disneyland and SoCal quite effectively! :wave:

EpcotServo

Original Poster
I'm really enjoying this TR! It's been a couple years since I went to Universal Studios, but I agree that their fabulous tram tour is worth the price of admission. I think it will be time to go again in a year or two when that new Transformers ride opens. Universal is very different from Disneyland, but they do a great job up there on the hill.

Which brings me to my next point and gentle correction... :D

I'm afraid what you were pointing out in your pictures were not actually "mountains" but were simply hills. The Hollywood Hills or the San Gabriel foothills in the valley, to be exact. The mountains are beyond the hills. You should come visit SoCal in December when they get their first good coating of snow and they stand out like you wouldn't believe, making them look huge even from Orange County. From December through March you get views like this of the San Gabriel Mountains...

Well, I come from one of the few "Hilly" regions of Florida, so sorry, I will continue to call hills 100X bigger than where I live Mountains. Or at least Mountain-esque hills.
:lol: :wave:

And yeah, I've seen them when there is snow on them a few times, albeit not covered. Stunning!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
EpcotServo's CALIFORNIA Updates - Part 7 FINALE: Get him to the Geek

You've seen things... A Disneyland with awesome rides. Two actual Studios. A Submarine with a silly face. So many memories...lost in Updates. Time to conclude...the thrilling ElecTRONic, surprise in the skies packed FINALE of...

EpcotServo's CALIFORNIA Updates- The Return:
We can (Not) Have Nice Things!

ENJOY!

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSer...47333460839442

Nicole220

Well, I'm sorry you hated ElecTRONica so much. :lol:

The pictures from the Grand Cali are great! It really gives you a good look at how freakin' tall those fountains are!

Thank you oh so much for sharing with us! Loved it! :D

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Well, I'm sorry you hated ElecTRONica so much. :lol:

The pictures from the Grand Cali are great! It really gives you a good look at how freakin' tall those fountains are!

Thank you oh so much for sharing with us! Loved it! :D

:lol:

No problem, thanks so much for watching and commenting!
:wave:

hpyhnt 1000

Awww, its all over... Now what am I supposed to do to waste time yet not really feel like I'm wasting time? :lol:

Truly an epic update! Thanks for sharing! :wave:

Mukta

Wow. I just got finished reading through all of them.

I am going to miss the murals a lot. I think they are beautiful albeit flat.
Space Mt didn't do the projections you heard about? Can you elaborate on that? It seemed fine to me last week.
The weird Matterhorn seating is perfect for cuddling with a loved one. The already removed cuddle opportunities with Splash. Teenagers need a place to cuddle!!
Sorry about your cold.
I love all of the pictures from the Studios.
How was the taping with Craig Ferguson? Entertaining? Free?
Universal Studios has a special place in my heart. They used to do live shows really well in the 80s. I was enthralled by shows like Conan the Barbarian. It is a shame that rides are more profitable. They are replacing great shows with rides like Transformers. Thankfully, the studio tour is still something special and unique.
I have never had a guide mention Animaniacs. Too cool.
Did you see Water World?
I love the views of World of Color. I plan to rent a room at the GC someday and watch it from there. (and split the cost with 10 of my closest friends).
Great trip report. Come back and see us again real soon!

Nicole220

Wow. I just got finished reading through all of them.

I am going to miss the murals a lot. I think they are beautiful albeit flat.
Space Mt didn't do the projections you heard about? Can you elaborate on that? It seemed fine to me last week.
The weird Matterhorn seating is perfect for cuddling with a loved one. The already removed cuddle opportunities with Splash. Teenagers need a place to cuddle!!
Sorry about your cold.
I love all of the pictures from the Studios.
How was the taping with Craig Ferguson? Entertaining? Free?
Universal Studios has a special place in my heart. They used to do live shows really well in the 80s. I was enthralled by shows like Conan the Barbarian. It is a shame that rides are more profitable. They are replacing great shows with rides like Transformers. Thankfully, the studio tour is still something special and unique.
I have never had a guide mention Animaniacs. Too cool.
Did you see Water World?
I love the views of World of Color. I plan to rent a room at the GC someday and watch it from there. (and split the cost with 10 of my closest friends).
Great trip report. Come back and see us again real soon!
I can't find anything romantic about it, really. It's so uncomfortable for both people! :lol:

Mukta

Come on, Nicole. You know that when you were in high school Splash and Matterhorn were used for quick feels. :ROFLOL:
If you are as old as me, the People Mover was used for much more. :animwink:

Nicole220

Come on, Nicole. You know that when you were in high school Splash and Matterhorn were used for quick feels. :ROFLOL:
If you are as old as me, the People Mover was used for much more. :animwink:
The People Mover? What's that? :lookaroun:p

I've heard some PM stories. Haunted Mansion is one I know that's popular with the younger couples... :lol:

ttalovebug

Gaaahhhh- just skimmed the thread, but don't have time to look at pics right now. Stupid college. Will read tonight, looking forward to it! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom