News Epcot's Rosewalk walkway closed for widening construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. Some of the pavement panels have been poured.

IMG_1609.JPG

nicb88

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. Work continues at a fever pace on the Rosewalk walkway. Lots of detail and infrastructure can be seen. Not sure it will all be ready in time for the late August opening of the Food and Wine Festival.

View attachment 396803

View attachment 396804

I feel it would be more logical to get the walkway completed, put up scrims to hide the ‘garden’ area and work on it while the walkway is once again useable. It’s surprisingly frustrating that this has been closed so long!

peter11435

I feel it would be more logical to get the walkway completed, put up scrims to hide the ‘garden’ area and work on it while the walkway is once again useable. It’s surprisingly frustrating that this has been closed so long!
It really hasn’t been that long. Just since flower and garden festival ended. If this frustrates you already then the next few years at Epcot are going to drive you crazy.

nicb88

It really hasn’t been that long. Just since flower and garden festival ended. If this frustrates you already then the next few years at Epcot are going to drive you crazy.

It isn’t a big frustration, it just surprised me how much I missed that walking path. No matter the length of time, it would still be more sensible to focus on the walkway then the adjacent gardens to allow for the foot traffic. And the next few years will be what they are.

KeithVH

Couldn't they have done this WITHOUT another food kiosk? Where there is one, more will surely follow. If the stated goal was to widen the path, then why do you add something that will take up that wider path? Not to mention the fact that people standing in line are going to block those, to some extent, who are trying to walk. You gotta SQUEEZE that stone hard . . .

Not saying it's all a nefarious scheme but, don't for one minute think that Disney is solely doing this for the guest's benefit. That's like saying the HR department in any major company is only for the benefit of employees.

Notes from Neverland

Couldn't they have done this WITHOUT another food kiosk? Where there is one, more will surely follow. If the stated goal was to widen the path, then why do you add something that will take up that wider path? Not to mention the fact that people standing in line are going to block those, to some extent, who are trying to walk. You gotta SQUEEZE that stone hard . . .

Not saying it's all a nefarious scheme but, don't for one minute think that Disney is solely doing this for the guest's benefit. That's like saying the HR department in any major company is only for the benefit of employees.
Many reports have said it's a restroom ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom