Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

Chux

When we went in July of 03, May of 04, and Dec of 04 there was snow piled up in ISC, this last trip, no snow.

I was a sad panda. :(

Disney13Scott

All no!!!! There goes one of my "chilling out of the hot sun" places to go :cry: I guess no one ever likes to see an attraction shut down, but doing this rehab in the middle of the hot summer seems wrong to me. Oh well, I won't let it get me down because Pepsi tastes better anyway :lol:

Captain Hank

Darn, I'll miss Ice Station Cool by three days! I was really looking forward to some Smart Watermelon and Beverly on Thursday. Oh well, I'll be able to have some Beverly come November--in its home country :).

DisneySaint

Well I'll be the first to give me thumbs up that it's getting a refurb - when I was there way back in October it was falling apart; I can only imagine what condition it is in now. It's a shame they are taking the snow away. On my October trip, not only was there no snow, the entrance was not even cold. :mad: I thought that was the coolest thing, too, the first time I went through it. At any rate, I hope it comes out nice and cool. :cool:

AEfx

1) I'm glad they are doing SOMETHING...it's sat there for how long with that silly, long entrance and no snow? Anytime I've brought anyone through there I've actually been embarassed for Disney. It probably was the single most glaring bad-show I've seen. All those exposed pipes and such...and completely dry with no snow.

2) If they aren't going to fix the snow, and change the entrance, it just becomes a coke display - pretty much killing any desire I'll ever have to return there.

It's really too bad, it was a stellar idea. Oh well. At least the tunnel will be less of an eyesore.

AEfx

Figment1986

2 weeks ago.. no smow.. Dry as a bone.. some of the dispencers weren't working....

I welcome this rehab.. but wish the snow and aircondtioning would stay....

brkgnews

Isn't ironic that the section showcases drinks from around the world, but is not in World Showcase?
:veryconfu

I certainly enjoy Ice Station Cool, and hope it comes back better than ever so I can hang out there and trick even more complete strangers into trying beverly.

If they ever remove Smart Watermelon... well...
:fork:

Number_6

1disneydood said:
I think Beverly has a cult following. For me, a trip to EPCOT isn't complete without drinking Beverly and tricking a noob into drinking it. ;)

The last person I got to truly enjoy doing that to was my mother-in-law. :D

ScrappyTam

Do you think that its odd that they would be doing a rehab on that particular exhibit during the hot summer months? It seems to me that maybe do it during the fall, winter, or spring would be a much better time.

Mimi

I'm New

I'm new and apparently easily confused... I've seen the tunnel, and thankfully never entered it, but I just have to ask:

My dear God in heaven... what is Beverly?!?!?!

jedimaster1227

DisneyMarg said:
Oh boo. We're going Sunday the 5th. And I was SO looking forward to a nice gulp of Beverly :hurl:

For those of you missing Ice Station Cool, you can take a trip to World of Coke in Atlanta. There they have a larger version of the same thing - more drinks from more places. Plus all you can drink of regular Coke products, and some very interesting displays and exhibits. I highly recommend a visit.

I love the World of Coke but I haven't been there in years. My friend who lives in Atlanta tells me that they are completely redoing it...including moving it to another building. The building that will have once housed it will become the new Atlanta Aqaurium. I cant wait for the new one to open... maybe the company is coalating the grand re-opening of world of coke to match with the Coke Ice Station Cool's re-opening...

Just a thought...:hammer:

TheOneVader

Mimi said:
I'm new and apparently easily confused... I've seen the tunnel, and thankfully never entered it, but I just have to ask:

It's the WORST drink EVER made. And that's an understatement. It has this terrible bitter taste like chewing on pennies, and then the after tatse will stick with you for years... Well, maybe not years, but at least an hour.

1disneydood

Mimi said:

It's real good. Try it, you'll like it. :D
It dosen't taste like vomit mixed with club soda or anything likie that. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom