News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Vinnie Mac

Interesting. I was walking around with an Imagineer last week and heard a different version that I'm not inclined to believe: They determined the exact centerline of the park itself and used that, not realizing that it didn't line up with the American Adventure and SSE.
F62ED58D-1DFB-4F8B-B0D1-3079568E038F.jpeg

???

Comped

Just lose the classical music and create an original, beautifully paced and rousing score.
The classical music feel is part of what made the show, and links RoE to every other major lagoon show since Epcot opened (with the exception of Harmonious, really). Don Dorsey had an interview awhile back that talked about it, and the evolution of the shows on the lagoon in general during his time with Disney. Really interesting stuff.

Father Robinson

The classical music feel is part of what made the show, and links RoE to every other major lagoon show since Epcot opened (with the exception of Harmonious, really). Don Dorsey had an interview awhile back that talked about it, and the evolution of the shows on the lagoon in general during his time with Disney. Really interesting stuff.
An original orchestral score is what I want. Not traditional classical music like Beethoven etc.. that was part of the original IllumiNations. Give us an instrumental piece like Gavin Greenway did for ROE.

WorldExplorer

View attachment 672510

View attachment 672511

Interesting surgery asking me if I thought harmonious was part of the 50th celebration then what I thought of the celebration over all.

Maybe they're trying to gauge if they can pull off pretending it was always meant to end when the 50th does.

Or trying to figure out if not including the nighttime letdowns is part of the reason people don't think much was done for the anniversary.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom