News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Mark Dunne

The way I see it is that the intro and finale is better with ROE but the middle section is better with LSOU. What Luminous does well is what ROE does better and what ROE falls flat in is what Luminous does well within
Sounds like they need to bring the shows together , how about “ luminous, the reflections of us “ thats it !!!!! We’ve cracked it, 😍😉😊, now come on Disney let’s go! Happy viewing everyone, and hopefully, “see ya real soon “

gerarar

Premium Member
The center barge has been very iffy recently, mainly in the finale.

The final bursts/crackles that come from that barge have been missing the last few nights. The final comet (during the narrator's In the Great Symphony of Us) and final blossom-pyro was also missing tonight.

Wonder if there's some issues with the center barge, fortunately there hasn't been a show yet where the center barge refused to lift for the finale compared to Harmonious when the center ring and taco arms were routinely in-op.

OSUPhantom

The final bursts/crackles that come from that barge have been missing the last few nights. The final comet (during the narrator's In the Great Symphony of Us) and final blossom-pyro was also missing tonight.

Wonder if there's some issues with the center barge, fortunately there hasn't been a show yet where the center barge refused to lift for the finale compared to Harmonious when the center ring and taco arms were routinely in-op.
Everything seemed to be working Monday when I saw it, hopefully it’s just working through the kinks of the new equipment.

gerarar

Premium Member

Something's definitely off with the center barge.

Tonight again the final bursts/crackles and low blossom pyro was missing from the barge.

Edit: Taking a closer look, seems like the lift doesn't even lower down, which is supposed to start coming down after the beating of our hearts segment.
These two shots show the difference (today/months ago)
1000009955.jpg

1000009952.jpg

So since the lift hasn't been retracting the past couple nights, the final bursts and blossom pyro doesn't activate. It stays up throughout the post-show too.
The center barge is definitely broken-ish then lol

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I thought being able to take it backstage was supposed to make things easier for maintenance; it's strange that they have everything out in the lagoon to work on it.
I don't think they can plug the mini taco barges in back stage as easily or at all.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Do you suppose they have an alternative "wow" moment in the inevitable event that the center barge doesn't lift and the effect doesn't work?

SplashJacket

CLIFFLIX uploaded his incredible video of Luminous last night.

Absolutely watch this video if you've seen the show live or previously online.

No one does night shows justice like CLIFFIX.

It made me emotional watching it again just now.

Cliffix's (and Marni's) work documenting and preserving the parks in outstanding quality does invaluable work for not only the current generation but ensuring what makes these experiences special doesn't get lost for future generations.

Sincerely, thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom