News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm a bit confused too, as I wonder if you meant to quote me. I'm also not quite sure I understand the HARM reference. The fireworks in question were the perimeters around the lagoon. They are actually farther away from the infrastructure than the "b-mode" for that effect - which takes off directly from the barges. So, b-mode is technically a greater risk for a HARM-type fire. And, all the other pyro went off as planned from the barges. (I will note a major firework went off from the barge (on the lake), and there was no obvious damage. So, (hopefully) great engineering there.)

Obviously, there is a greater audience risk from around the perimeter. But, they have been in use for 25 years (noting the updated hardware post IROE).
Sorry I quoted the wrong post, let me clarify. I wanted to say that the alternative use of the prim in the middle is better than Harm and EF because they would just cut it entirely at least when it's too windy they don't cut them entirely and they're just moved. Also, there was a fire at world showcase after a performance of Harm a month before the big one although I'm not sure if it was related to the perimeters or not.

https://999ktdy.com/fire-breaks-out-at-epcot-damage-to-america-gardens/

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Do any of you remember the ‘leak’ of the supposed version of We Go On from Harmonious?

The only copy that was uploaded to YouTube is unlisted right now.

That D23 video is bringing back so many little memories of that nightmare’s development.
I do remember that video, and if it is the same video that I saw (called something like harmonious v2), that is the audio from the Super Bowl 2000 halftime show with Christina Aguilera and other 90s era Disney musicians singing We go On.

TTA94

I have a minor complaint:

The order of these two songs should be flipped. The second one feels more appropriate as an epilogue to the show, while the first one is more appropriate for "chill song as you walk back to your car/bus". Does anyone know who performed these songs?

I agree. The reason why Beating Of Our Hearts is played right after is likely because it’s featured in the show. The second song One Heartbeat, which is also an original song but not advertised or mentioned by Disney, could have originally been planned as one of the main songs instead of Beating Of Our Hearts, but they later decided to still use it as a post show song. Just my own theory.

As far as who sings both I am not sure. I don’t think anyone knows who sings One Heartbeat since, again, Disney did not mention that song. I fear One Heartbeat may stay unreleased since it’s not an advertised song, but I hope I’m wrong.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I agree. The reason why Beating Of Our Hearts is played right after is likely because it’s featured in the show. The second song One Heartbeat, which is also an original song but not advertised or mentioned by Disney, could have originally been planned as one of the main songs instead of Beating Of Our Hearts, but they later decided to still use it as a post show song. Just my own theory.

As far as who sings both I am not sure. I don’t think anyone knows who sings One Heartbeat since, again, Disney did not mention that song. I fear One Heartbeat may stay unreleased since it’s not an advertised song, but I hope I’m wrong.
Yeah, I got the impression that it was supposed to be in the main show as well but was cut. No one knows though.

gerarar

Premium Member
Which greens?

BvBlZ0u.jpg

hKchhJv.jpg

I was referencing the cuts in the reply/tweet in my post.

What was 6 small green shells (launched from the 6 main barges) was reduced last month to 3, and now reduced further to 2 shells.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Katherine McPhee

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I have a minor complaint:

The order of these two songs should be flipped. The second one feels more appropriate as an epilogue to the show, while the first one is more appropriate for "chill song as you walk back to your car/bus". Does anyone know who performed these songs?

‘One Heartbeat’ is performed by Katherine McPhee

‘Beating of our Hearts’ is performed by Scott Hoying.

‘Remember Me’ is performed by Natalia Lafourcade

‘One Little Spark’ is performed by Iver Heath

Chef idea Mickey`=

This One Heartbeat song would sounded beautiful as the intro to the show where Heartbeat Symphony is... I would then move Heartbeat Symphony to after the death segment when right after Into the Unknown.. Beating of Our Hearts stays...now that would made 3 original songs in the show.

I love Heartbeat Symphony just don't feel it as an intro song is as powerful than if it was say a climax song.

mattpeto

Does Scott Hoyer sing the “So Close” cover? I really believed it was the same singer as the “Beating of our Hearts” post show version.

Mark Dunne

So reflections was pure and simple gold standard ( maybe not the globe ) the music has never been beaten, the flow has never been beaten, i thought Luminous was boring, aside the amazing fire works, the narration was terrible, why on earth cant Disney start an Epcot show with walts words, '' and we call in Epcot '' ( you know the rest ) then from those words the crowd will be going wild i promise you!then the music from reflections to be programmed along with the fire works, pieces of music through Epcot's history , then this show could shine, at the moment its, start again for the 3rd time Disney, please stop ramming narration down our throats, yes reflections had this, but the story was far better. look forward to R.O.E part 2 in 2025 ( cos its coming folks )

mattpeto

So reflections was pure and simple gold standard ( maybe not the globe ) the music has never been beaten, the flow has never been beaten, i thought Luminous was boring, aside the amazing fire works, the narration was terrible, why on earth cant Disney start an Epcot show with walts words, '' and we call in Epcot '' ( you know the rest ) then from those words the crowd will be going wild i promise you!then the music from reflections to be programmed along with the fire works, pieces of music through Epcot's history , then this show could shine, at the moment its, start again for the 3rd time Disney, please stop ramming narration down our throats, yes reflections had this, but the story was far better. look forward to R.O.E part 2 in 2025 ( cos its coming folks )
Sounds like you made up your mind about Luminous before you watched it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
You just described Epcot Forever...

Mark Dunne

You just described Epcot Forever...
Sounds like you made up your mind about Luminous before you watched it.
No actually, watched a couple of times, we try to go each year , but this didn't grab me , i wasn't the only one , an ex cast member and his wife said the same, there are a lot of comments saying fireworks amazing ( i agree ) but the music and narration not so good, i think if they had more dramatic music to fireworks, this could be the best show ever ! to be honest the music leading up to the show was pretty good.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Wow, they really got some great talent for this score. No wonder it's one of the best they've ever done at Epcot.
We had a show about the history of Epcot and it was absolutely awful. Who couldn't have the foresight to see a show that appeals to a niche group of super fans would flop so badly? Disney hasn't been able to create a tribute show to their parks since Remember...Dreams Come True.

Andrew25

Luminous is fine and I'd argue that the entire show is at the same level as Illuminations. Illuminations just had a better intro/ending, but Luminous has a solid "center" outside of that one song...

Also, they were filming what seemed to be a commercial over in Italy last night, so I'd imagine they are trying to ramp up the marketing around this soon.

wdwfan22

Satisfaction scores are good for luminous, so no nothing is coming in 2025 To Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom