News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jmvd20

Saw it tonight in person, due to the rain earlier a reservation opened up at Rose and Crown so we got lucky on that. Unfortunately the wind scrapped the perimeters but they made up for it with the comet launches from the barges. Based on that I guess we saw the “B” version. Initial impression in person is simply wow, I’ll sleep on it and watch it again tomorrow.

I can say anecdotal evidence from the crowd at Rose and Crown was overwhelmingly positive. Folks loved the center barge shots as well as the finale. Videos do not do this show justice, especially the fountains and the power of the pyro in it.

Disone

Luminous is in B mode tonight with perimeters on the barges
I noticed this is well it was very pleased that they had a well planned b mode. More than that the opening shots went about halfway around the lagoon before I realize they were in b mode. So for Disney fans like us I'm sure it's something that goes noticed but the casual guests probably not as much. Great plan on their part so long as TDO accountants don't decide in the future that the B mode is good enough.

nickf456

one thing that this show has that I have missed a whole lot is them starting the show by introducing the countries, that’s something I thought I’d never see again so even just watching it on video I gives me the chills. Feels almost like an older illuminations with a very updated soundtrack the more I watch it.
Oh I literally cried on opening night during the opening, it was so nice and extremely moving to see!

Cmdr_Crimson

Does anything happen with the lighting package at Dreamers Point during the show or does it just stay lit in the plaza with SSE's lights stay off for the show correct?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Does anything happen with the lighting package at Dreamers Point during the show or does it just stay lit in the plaza with SSE's lights stay off for the show correct?
No, SSE lights up at multiple times throughout the show, most notably becoming the spinning globe during the finale. I haven't heard about or seen World Celebration lighting yet.

TTA94

I'm really getting a kick out of the fact that the name Luminous sounds like Harmonious and Illuminations combined.

What I don’t care for is “The Symphony Of Us” part. I get thats the theme of the whole show but they may as well not have even called it Luminous. To me they make it sound like Luminous was the prior show and this is a new version. Like Rivers of Light: We Are One was the second version. I guess they did not want to call this Harmonious: The Symphony Of Us.

In the Parks
No
What I don’t care for is “The Symphony Of Us” part. I get thats the theme of the whole show but they may as well not have even called it Luminous. To me they make it sound like Luminous was the prior show and this is a new version. Like Rivers of Light: We Are One was the second version. I guess they did not want to call this Harmonious: The Symphony Of Us.
You're right...Harmonious is actually a way more appropriate name for this show than Luminous.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
You know a show is an out-of-the-park homerun when people are nitpicking the name because there isn't really much to otherwise complain about.

SoFloMagic

How about we just call it luminous. It has lights, its about us - big win for all.

TTA94

I mean…it’s literally luminous. The name is an homage to IllumiNations.

They never said “IllumiNations”, either.

If we don’t like “the symphony of us” then we don’t like the show since it’s filled with music-related metaphors.

Not complaining about the show itself. I just wish they kept it Luminous and that’s it. As with other shows with longer names very few people will call it by its full name.

ToTBellHop

Not complaining about the show itself. I just wish they kept it Luminous and that’s it. As with other shows with longer names very few people will call it by its full name.
They love colons. If you want a company-wide colon-oscopy, it will take awhile.

Personally, I know I always ask my kids to ride The Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.

Ironically, we say Flight of Passage and not Avatar. Sometimes it sticks? Same for Rise and Smuggler’s Run.

I would have called this show Heartbeat Symphony. I seemingly have an undiagnosed speech impediment because for the life of me, I can’t say “luminous” without it sounding like “illuminous”.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
They love colons. If you want a company-wide colon-oscopy, it will take awhile.

Personally, I know I always ask my kids to ride The Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.

Ironically, we say Flight of Passage and not Avatar. Sometimes it sticks? Same for Rise and Smuggler’s Run.

I would have called this show Heartbeat Symphony. I seemingly have an undiagnosed speech impediment because for the life of me, I can’t say “luminous” without it sounding like “illuminous”.
The funny part is that the correct title, as per Steve Davison, is 'Luminous The Symphony of Us' with no colon, which makes NO SENSE. The one time we needed one, we didn't get one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom