News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

Because corporate and many others (including myself) thought Harmonious was going to be THE Epcot show for at least a decade. Luminous is the result of all of the (rightful) criticism levied against Harmonious.
I will admit 2019-2021 was Foggy for me. Was there a better direction for Harm before it changed to the show we got on the 50th?

Disney Analyst

I don’t understand. There was never a Party on WSL before Harm. Now, because Harm, WSL needs to be a Party????? If there's too much Partying during F&W, maybe Epcot should go back to just Flower/Garden and Holidays Around The World???

Luminous doesn't scream 50th or even Epcot's 40th( Harm didn't either) However I do wonder why Epcot never thought of Luminous in 2019-2021?....

Yeah I don’t get the logic really.

This show is exactly what Epcot needs.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

one thing that this show has that I have missed a whole lot is them starting the show by introducing the countries, that’s something I thought I’d never see again so even just watching it on video I gives me the chills. Feels almost like an older illuminations with a very updated soundtrack the more I watch it.

doctornick

one thing that this show has that I have missed a whole lot is them starting the show by introducing the countries, that’s something I thought I’d never see again so even just watching it on video I gives me the chills. Feels almost like an older illuminations with a very updated soundtrack the more I watch it.
I just wish they’d add more countries to WS and have to update the show. Wouldn’t it be cool to have “welcome” in Portuguese with a Brazil pavilion? (Or in Greek with Greece, Hindi with India, etc)

Disone

I will believe in a Consensus when a trust worthy insider shares some info. When Harmonius launched it was highly praised by the YouTubers who want Disney perks and people who treat Disney like a inquestionable religion, while it didn't go that well with general audiences...
I don't know that I agree with this observation. It's just me. One personal experience. But my personal experience was that the YouTubers and lifestylers were very slow to warm up to harmonious. Out the gate they did not like it. In my posting history you will see me speak of this. Including how there's a disconnect between what people are saying on YouTube and what the crowd is reacting to in person. In person people were dancing along and singing. But online all you read about is how horrible Harmonious was and how nobody likes it. On their honest review from the producers that rhyme with the diz spoke of this. How they hated the show at the premiere but later warmed up to it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just wish they’d add more countries to WS and have to update the show. Wouldn’t it be cool to have “welcome” in Portuguese with a Brazil pavilion? (Or in Greek with Greece, Hindi with India, etc)
Would you settle for The Silicon Valley Technocracy sponsored by Apple and a greeting in binary?

Disone

It’s always possible to “go bigger” but the finale to me at least does not seem underwhelming in any way.
Agree. I always felt like reflections of Earth's final volley was not big enough. Same for harmonious. I do at feel that while it can always be bigger the final volley on luminous does satisfy. It is larger enough to wow and unquestionably is the finale.

Vinnie Mac

I will admit 2019-2021 was Foggy for me. Was there a better direction for Harm before it changed to the show we got on the 50th?
It wasn't dramatically different but there were rumors of drones and then that didn't end up happening. Everything started going downhill when it was made clear that the barges weren't going to be moved out of the lagoon every night

ToTBellHop

Agree. I always felt like reflections of Earth's final volley was not big enough. Same for harmonious. I do at feel that while it can always be bigger the final volley on luminous does satisfy. It is larger enough to wow and unquestionably is the finale.
For me, part of RoE‘s issue is it had two finales and I preferred the first one. “Celebration” is just an awesome 90 seconds or so of music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom