News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Vinnie Mac

I don't know that I agree with this observation. It's just me. One personal experience. But my personal experience was that the YouTubers and lifestylers were very slow to warm up to harmonious. Out the gate they did not like it. In my posting history you will see me speak of this. Including how there's a disconnect between what people are saying on YouTube and what the crowd is reacting to in person. In person people were dancing along and singing. But online all you read about is how horrible Harmonious was and how nobody likes it. On their honest review from the producers that rhyme with the diz spoke of this. How they hated the show at the premiere but later warmed up to it.
Yeah I'm shocked some here are forgetting that Harmonious was ripped to shreds by many online. This forum was on fire the night it debuted LOL. I always said that it would grow a fanbase overtime and it definitely did. Now vloggers are saying that Luminous is good but no Harmonious which is really funny because 2 years ago they were saying that Harmonious was no Illuminations

Vinnie Mac

For me, part of RoE‘s issue is it had two finales and I preferred the first one. “Celebration” is just an awesome 90 seconds or so of music.
Overtime I kinda forgot about Illuminations since before 2018 I hadn't seen it since 2012 (and neither times did I really appreciate it for what it was) and i completely forgot that there was another finale AFTER the "finale"

SoFloMagic

For me, part of RoE‘s issue is it had two finales and I preferred the first one. “Celebration” is just an awesome 90 seconds or so of music.
I loved the fake finale. Then you had the globe open and the real finale hit. It was quite the moment.
I think HEA! also uses the fake finale fairly well with the segment before the final narration and choir finale.
Harmonious seemed to have made a decent fake finale but forgot to insert the real one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just wish they’d add more countries to WS and have to update the show. Wouldn’t it be cool to have “welcome” in Portuguese with a Brazil pavilion? (Or in Greek with Greece, Hindi with India, etc)
I’d be happy if they’d just pay for the Norway popcorn light package they budgeted for but wouldn’t agree on who paid to install it.

Disone

I loved the fake finale. Then you had the globe open and the real finale hit. It was quite the moment.
I think HEA! also uses the fake finale fairly well with the segment before the final narration and choir finale.
Harmonious seemed to have made a decent fake finale but forgot to insert the real one.
Hummmmm

Yes. I literally laughed but also 💯% yes. Harmonious' finale finale did not have the fire power it needed.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Yeah my whole family has unanimously agreed that Epcot is absolutely back to being a must visit park
Mine too! I texted my mom (who is NOT in tune with us super fans) and said "Luminous is the best show at Epcot since IllumiNations, we're going to have a great time at Epcot again at night next week" and she replied "thank god because Harmonious SUCKED!!!" It's happening, our park is becoming loved again 😂 😂

djkidkaz

my issue with a lot of these shows is the size of the show compared to the lagoon. So you have this fountain barge in the center but nothing at all between where you are watching the show from. Why can’t they bring out some smaller barges throughout the lagoon to fill it out. Similar to the idea they had for Rivers of Light with the lantern that never made it into the show. In my opinion it’s just too much dead space.

jrhwdw

Money, of course. Maybe if Epcot is packed again on NYE like it was before Covid, they’ll bring back both showings of the normal fireworks. I personally think they should do L with the countdown at 6:30 for the younglings like MK does.
6:30 on NYE was ROE & POE before Oct 2019................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom