News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Someone correct me if wrong but could have sworn I saw new light reflectors up on Germany?
The way the pavilions use to sparkle with lights maybe hopefully something like that will still happen and is being upgraded?
They’ve had new ones for a while, they have both color and white now, not sure if they’re 2 different sets or if they’re just capable of changing color. In 2014 they were white but then back to color the a year later but in harmonious I noticed they were white and then color at different parts of the show so I think these may be totally different ones. The tube ones we once knew have been long gone for a while.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

I would like to say that I feel very hopeful about this show. I've noticed that the build up to its debut has been more positive than the build up to Harmonious's build up. With Harmonious, every update just seemed less and less exciting. Updates with the barges were annoying, update about the music offered no real excitement. Fast forward to now where updates about this show are actually exciting and sound promising. I really hope the show lives up the hype

vikescaper

I would like to say that I feel very hopeful about this show. I've noticed that the build up to its debut has been more positive than the build up to Harmonious's build up. With Harmonious, every update just seemed less and less exciting. Updates with the barges were annoying, update about the music offered no real excitement. Fast forward to now where updates about this show are actually exciting and sound promising. I really hope the show lives up the hype
I agree! Unlike with Harmonious, I am optimistic about Luminous!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Third barge is out in the lagoon - via bioreconstruct.

F9EqscnWYAALmUE.jpeg

F9EpKUBWoAAecUh.jpeg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

despite the IP being a part of the show where going to have to think of this as any other Disney World nighttime spectacular wed see in any other Disney park otherwise well just be miserable and there's nothing we can do any more so I'm hoping just for a good show IP or non but I do hope they go light on the singing this time and put the focus on the visual. We are in for one heck of a Fountain and Light display and hopefully pyro as well. What where looking at here is a fountain display that spans larger than the main hub of World Celebration. I hope they give us some good post show displays.

jrhwdw

despite the IP being a part of the show where going to have to think of this as any other Disney World nighttime spectacular wed see in any other Disney park otherwise well just be miserable and there's nothing we can do any more so I'm hoping just for a good show IP or non but I do hope they go light on the singing this time and put the focus on the visual. We are in for one heck of a Fountain and Light display and hopefully pyro as well. What where looking at here is a fountain display that spans larger than the main hub of World Celebration. I hope they give us some good post show displays.
Forgive me but don't expect WOC either.....

Cliff

Rumors say that 70% of the music was re-written,....and...the composer was replaced. (Pinar Toprak) I wonder if this is 100% false or 50% true/false or 100% true.

If so,...why? What was so bad about the original recording? Maybe it was only "heavily" laden with Disney movie IP and they decided to extremely, over saturate the HECK out of it with 10 times more ultra high-density Disney movie characters?? (as in....go from 3 different movie characters per minute and increase it to maybe 10 or 12 per minute for all 20 minutes???? )

Anybody know?

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Rumors say that 70% of the music was re-written,....and...the composer was replaced. (Pinar Toprak) I wonder if this is 100% false or 50% true/false or 100% true.

If so,...why? What was so bad about the original recording? Maybe it was only "heavily" laden with Disney movie IP and they decided to extremely, over saturate the HECK out of it with 10 times more ultra high-density Disney movie characters?? (as in....go from 3 different movie characters per minute and increase it to maybe 10 or 12 per minute for all 20 minutes???? )

Anybody know?
Why even bother treating this as the slightest bit credible when it was only ever said by one generally unreliable source? Also, as far as I read, it was never claimed that Toprak was replaced, just that reworks were necessary.

If there is any truth to it at all, I would imagine there's just some fairly standard adjustment of the score going on as the show evolves, and it's being blown out of proportion in order to sensationalize for clicks. There were numerous cuts and changes to Harmonious as it was developed as well. It's not abnormal.

osian

(as in....go from 3 different movie characters per minute and increase it to maybe 10 or 12 per minute for all 20 minutes???? )
I quite like that. Instead of measuring the intensity of music by beats-per-minute, it's IP-per-minute. For that HI-NRG vibe, bump it up all the way, make people sweat.

monorail81

I wonder if the new centerpiece is a prisim similar to the front of the park. Possibly another feeble attempt to keep all Epcot Center puriests believing that Disney is actually making the mess that is Epcot feel like the original park.
That’s where my mind went.

mary2013

Luminous: The Symphony of Us has been added to the Walt Disney World website and has officially been added to the calendar.

A Sparkling Spectacle
Delight in a dramatic show designed to bring us all together. Marvel at a dazzling pageant of fireworks, fountains, music and lights set to an original composition. New music, along with evocative selections from the Disney songbook, come together to remind us that we are more alike than we are different.

View attachment 750127

View attachment 750126
I'm hoping I can get people's opinions on something. I'm going to be at WDW that week. I am the opposite of FOMO. I would rather wait a year or two to see something than deal with the crowds. If I go December 4th to EPCOT, do people think crowds will be lighter than normal?

adam.adbe

I'm hoping I can get people's opinions on something. I'm going to be at WDW that week. I am the opposite of FOMO. I would rather wait a year or two to see something than deal with the crowds. If I go December 4th to EPCOT, do people think crowds will be lighter than normal?
I'd wager 90% of the people onsite that day have no idea there's a new night show about to launch. MK Christmas parties, and possibly to a lesser extend the DHS after hours, will have way more of an impact on which guests are going where.

Touchdown

Just got back, it seems that using intuition is starting to work again. Noticed it over and over:
-MK is mobbed on non party nights
-MK is particularly empty the morning after a normal close if it’s a party day
-Epcot is mobbed Fri-Sun night for F&W
-Epcot is super pleasant during the week, and weekend mornings
-Do DHS Saturday evening, the park was dead (because everyone is at MK or Epcot)
-DHS is still a poop show 10:30-3:30 everyday
-AK was pleasant through out (I suspect it’s back to being the least popular park again)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom