News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jeanericuser001

I wonder if the new centerpiece is a prisim similar to the front of the park. Possibly another feeble attempt to keep all Epcot Center puriests believing that Disney is actually making the mess that is Epcot feel like the original park.
Well it would fit with the motif suggested by that video. Everyone gathers around around an object in the center in boisterous curiosity with people then trying to get as close as possible for the best possible view. The only thing that would make it even more hilarious would be to play Also sprach Zarathustra.

TheMaxRebo

I'm hoping I can get people's opinions on something. I'm going to be at WDW that week. I am the opposite of FOMO. I would rather wait a year or two to see something than deal with the crowds. If I go December 4th to EPCOT, do people think crowds will be lighter than normal?

Might be a little more crowded as people might want their one last chance to see EPCOT Forever (at least for now - I am sure it will return at some point)

If I had a trip over that time I would want to see both the old and the new show just for variety

jrhwdw

Might be a little more crowded as people might want their one last chance to see Harmonious (I know not a popular opinion but there are actually people who like the show - or at least like it enough to want to see it one last time)

If I had a trip over that time I would want to see both the old and the new show just for variety
Epcot Forever you mean.

Richie248

Anyone know what fireworks were going off at around 10:25 on Sunday night (form Epcot)? Was staying at Caribbean Beach and saw a bunch of fireworks going off.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well it would fit with the motif suggested by that video. Everyone gathers around around an object in the center in boisterous curiosity with people then trying to get as close as possible for the best possible view. The only thing that would make it even more hilarious would be to play Also sprach Zarathustra.
A lagoon show with a monolith and Also sprach Zarathustra would be more entertaining for me than EF or Harmonious.

bmr1591

Rumors say that 70% of the music was re-written,....and...the composer was replaced. (Pinar Toprak) I wonder if this is 100% false or 50% true/false or 100% true.

If so,...why? What was so bad about the original recording? Maybe it was only "heavily" laden with Disney movie IP and they decided to extremely, over saturate the HECK out of it with 10 times more ultra high-density Disney movie characters?? (as in....go from 3 different movie characters per minute and increase it to maybe 10 or 12 per minute for all 20 minutes???? )

Anybody know?

Whether it was or wasn’t, I’m expecting a far more ‘EPCOT’ show than Harmonious. There’ll certainly be some IP, but while Disney wants to shoehorn IP into everything, they’re also a business that listened to the feedback on Harmonious and canned it. We’ll see though. I’m cautiously optimistic. I’ve got a trip planned for the 15th, so I’m going to do my best to avoid spoilers until then.

jrhwdw

Nope not expecting that, I’m expecting Illuminations 25 on steroids lol

Whether it was or wasn’t, I’m expecting a far more ‘EPCOT’ show than Harmonious. There’ll certainly be some IP, but while Disney wants to shoehorn IP into everything, they’re also a business that listened to the feedback on Harmonious and canned it. We’ll see though. I’m cautiously optimistic. I’ve got a trip planned for the 15th, so I’m going to do my best to avoid spoilers until then.
Maybe it'll be I25B with an IP Song or two?

jeanericuser001

A lagoon show with a monolith and Also sprach Zarathustra would be more entertaining for me than EF or Harmonious.
That is why I would love for them to go back to IllumiNations. Most people who were there know what I am talking about. Hearing Also sprach Zarathustra would certainly be a great way to open it. Then follow each with a theme for each country.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That is why I would love for them to go back to IllumiNations. Most people who were there know what I am talking about. Hearing Also sprach Zarathustra would certainly be a great way to open it. Then follow each with a theme for each country.
Honestly for some reason I’m getting that feeling they’re leaning towards that but using IP music. The memories I have of that show topping off a day with all the original attractions. It’s the only day I can remember entirely from 1994 not to mention I was only 2 and since then been hooked. The only Issue with Epcot is that parents never took their kids there but any kids that did get to go there loved it I feel like. It didn’t matter if it was educational the attractions were so mesmerizing I didn’t know or care what they were about.

Last edited:

jmvd20

I have to agree with that, when I was 8 or 9 years old EPCOT Center was my favorite park. I loved all the original rides and always told my parents to take me there over MK. I remember being in awe of the fountains and landscape lighting at night. Horizons, SSE, WoM were my favorites outside of eating breakfast at the rotating restaurant in the Land then watching veggie fruit fruit... Good times!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom