News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

RSoxNo1

I think they realized that people cared about the daytime view, that hugely complex shows require a lot of maintenance which is very expensive, and maybe that story is still important.

Oh, and that you can't disguise oil rigs with lawn sprinklers ;)
One of the fan comments regarding Harmonious was that if they story had a narrator to thread all of this together it may have worked. I could see similar story beats and even re-using some of the same music but threaded together with a narrator.

That being said, I sincerely hope they scrap all of that and revert to a completely original song that's largely instrumental and not based on existing Disney movies. You know, something like the show that lasted 20 years and really only needed minor upgrades.

TTA94

Had they just done nothing but update the globe with higher res led screens, 4 new barges with fountains and lights and perhaps a few more lasers... ROE would have lasted another 10 years easy.

Maybe I’m wrong but didn’t some find the show or soundtrack boreing? Certainly wasn’t back in the day though but I seem to remember something being said that some felt it was a sleeper and not interesting for the younger audience. Plus ya know it didn’t have what they want every show to have now a days and that’s IP.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Had they just done nothing but update the globe with higher res led screens, 4 new barges with fountains and lights and perhaps a few more lasers... ROE would have lasted another 10 years easy.
Even a setup like what they have now would be good for ROE, with this setup I think they could easily do a new incarnation with this new hardware and add fire effects to the main barges.

Vinnie Mac

Even a setup like what they have now would be good for ROE, with this setup I think they could easily do a new incarnation with this new hardware and add fire effects to the main barges.
Yeah this set-up is very easily adaptable. Even if this show doesn't work out for some reason the current barge configuration could easily operate for a couple of decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom