News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

osian

You realize that they have already announced that Luminous is featuring music from the "Disney Songbook" right?

Yes, I do realise, thank you.

Examples of songs from the Disney Songbook that do have a connection to the park could be "Listen to the Land", "Destiny", "Tomorrows Child", also music from Awesome Planet and others, and yes, "One Little Spark".

kevlightyear

I hope they keep to songs representing the nations of WS. Let’s see Coco, Frozen (we don’t have a night show with Let it Go currently,) Mulan, Lion King, Tangled, Pinocchio, PatF or Toy Story, Aladdin, Hunchback or Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins or Pooh or Alice, and Brother Bear. Make some connection to Epcot. Harmonious biggest flaw was a lack of connection to the park.
Agreed. If IP movie songs are a requirement, this is the best way to do it.

Squishy

Disney Analyst

Interesting development today :)

First look at the new Luminous mini-barges deployed in World Showcase lagoon​

Interesting, this barge seems to have a single fountain on it.

IMG_0174.jpeg

Squishy

Are the spotlights in world celebration going to be synced to the show, considering those seem to went up pretty early?

trainplane3

Interesting, this barge seems to have a single fountain on it.

View attachment 746936
If we go back to the one piece of art they released, they actually showed the idea behind the little fountains without anyone really calling it out:
Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53239.jpg

Having the mini barges do small outward fountains all over the lagoon should be really cool.

And the mini barges also have what looks like multiple mounts for inward facing perimeter shots too:
Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53242.jpg

The hardware may be more basic then Harmonious but it's certainly looking great for a Epcot show.

TTA94

Maybe it’s just me but they could have done even more fountains with a bunch of large flat barges scattered all over the lagoon, achieving a more WoC feel. Not saying what they are doing won’t be good and yes we are lucky we are even getting any fountains since originally they are in question of happening.

Fido Chuckwagon

If we go back to the one piece of art they released, they actually showed the idea behind the little fountains without anyone really calling it out:
Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53239.jpg

Having the mini barges do small outward fountains all over the lagoon should be really cool.

And the mini barges also have what looks like multiple mounts for inward facing perimeter shots too:
Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53242.jpg

The hardware may be more basic then Harmonious but it's certainly looking great for a Epcot show.
Interesting. When I saw the concept art I thought that was pyro, but you're right, those do look like fountains.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

despite what the music may be like, the elements alone makes this show technically makes this some of their best work. As for the music I hope they keep it instrumental. I hope it’s low key and mix it with music exclusive to the show or classical and in the style of a tracitional Illuminations show. Let’s face it, the Epcot we once knew can only exist with sponsors and those attractions resembled their product, now funded by Disney this it’s either this or no Epcot at all. Also the Fountian of Nations has used IP music since 1994. If Siemens were still sponsor we wouldn’t be having this discussion, Disney used their sponsors to build the park and this was probably secretly their end game since day one. This leads me to believe they’ll never mix their characters with outside companies next thing you know Mickey is the mascot for every company out there they ever sponsored.

jrhwdw

despite what the music may be like, the elements alone makes this show technically makes this some of their best work. As for the music I hope they keep it instrumental. I hope it’s low key and mix it with music exclusive to the show or classical and in the style of a tracitional Illuminations show. Let’s face it, the Epcot we once knew can only exist with sponsors and those attractions resembled their product, now funded by Disney this it’s either this or no Epcot at all. Also the Fountian of Nations has used IP music since 1994. If Siemens were still sponsor we wouldn’t be having this discussion, Disney used their sponsors to build the park and this was probably secretly their end game since day one. This leads me to believe they’ll never mix their characters with outside companies next thing you know Mickey is the mascot for every company out there they ever sponsored.

At least we know this show is about to be a visual masterclass
Martin was saying that about Harm. That it was the most technical and visual thing yet. Is Luminous about surpass Harm now???? Granted it all depends on the Soundtrack......

Do you happen to know the Pyro Count for Luminous Steve? An Epcot Record or in the usual ballpark?

Vinnie Mac

Which is odd because I believe @wdwmagic said a few times this show was going to be a lot more simple than Harmonious.
I think he meant as far as technology goes because this show doesn't have screens and projections. Scale wise this seems to be a bigger show than Harmonious. In fact out of any show that has ever played at Epcot this seems to fill the lagoon more than any of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom