News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Disstevefan1

I never saw that show outside of YouTube. I imagine drones, more than fireworks, are hard to judge on a screen.

We thought the drone show was better than the fireworks show at DLP. DLP fireworks don’t hold a candle to even the bad WDW fireworks shows.

I think drones plus fountains plus fireworks would be great. And no daytime sight line issues!
We were at Disney Springs to see the drones. It was amazing back then since it was a relatively new thing. The technology has gotten better as we all have seen elsewhere.

Why don’t we have a drone show at WDW?

Because it doesn’t matter what the offerings are at WDW, folks will show up.

ToTBellHop

We were at Disney Springs to see the drones. It was amazing back then since it was a relatively new thing. The technology has gotten better as we all have seen elsewhere.

To be fair, they’ve never gone cheap on our nighttime spectaculars. We don’t have a drone show yet because they didn’t make one yet. Drones would’ve been cheaper than the Stargate and tacos…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, with the amount of money those things must have cost I can't imagine them getting rid of them so soon.
Surprisingly, I’m inclined to believe that they will be dismantled and removed. They could be repurposed elsewhere but I think WSL will be barge-free by the end of the year. I have no inside knowledge, just putting pieces together based on discussions I’ve had/seen.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Logistics will prevent drones in/over WSL (since this is a Harmonious thread. They could show up elsewhere, I’d imagine).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To be fair, they’ve never gone cheap on our nighttime spectaculars. We don’t have a drone show yet because they didn’t make one yet. Drones would’ve been cheaper than the Stargate and tacos…
Cheaper until they malfunction during a show and end up in the muck at the bottom of WSL. 😉

TTA94

Drones would be cool but not as a main part of the show. I think they could be a hit or miss type thing due to weather, mainly wind.

Thelazer

It would be possible to retro fit the barges, remove the large screen itself keep the barge and then bring them in / out daily.
Perhaps not cost effective, but possible.

montyz81

Why don't they do an RoE 2.0 and use the tacos and portal? They could hang a globe inside the portal (think kissing ball) with projection mapping from the tacos to the globe. Make the barges a bit more mobile/smaller so they can be moved in and out each night, and voila, you have a show that everyone will love. Hell, I'd even be OK with including IP in a storyline that is told like RoE.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why don't they do an RoE 2.0 and use the tacos and portal? They could hang a globe inside the portal (think kissing ball) with projection mapping from the tacos to the globe. Make the barges a bit more mobile/smaller so they can be moved in and out each night, and voila, you have a show that everyone will love. Hell, I'd even be OK with including IP in a storyline that is told like RoE.
I think you answered your own question.

ppete1975

I just wonder how much longer we will have fireworks. I am assuming its until its cheaper for drones and they can have a show thats comparable.

I say that because fireworks are pretty harmful for the environment, and I assume if they charge you for plastic bags then they must be worried about this as well .......

ppete1975

I just wonder how much longer we will have fireworks. I am assuming its until its cheaper for drones and they can have a show thats comparable.

I say that because fireworks are pretty harmful for the environment, and I assume if they charge you for plastic bags then they must be worried about this as well .......
Well I guess Disney has already worked on this...
Found it interesting so figured I would share.
https://www.breeze-technologies.de/blog/how-disneyland-reduced-emissions-from-their-fireworks/

junglecruise93

Until they can projection map fireworks....

wdwfan22

The Epcot fireworks show will still be a fireworks show. Any tech involved will not prevent there from being fireworks. RoE had several minutes of fountains and the globe but it was still a fireworks show.
True but the amount of fireworks has been reduced

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom