News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheMaxRebo

Just left LaGuardia airport so fresh in my mind but I wonder if they could use a version of the water feature with image projection they have in one of the terminals for an Epcot show. It provides 360 degree views (unlike the Stargate) ... Obviously would need to use a central pole for the support and from brining up the water or other way vs this specific setup

castlecake2.0

The barges are going away. The unsightly sight lines they cause is actually what pushed this over the line. The show scores fairly well. Drones shouldn't surprise anyone. Disney outsources this stuff anyways (just as they did projection mapping when they first started using it). It's actually less complicated/error prone than the stuff they are doing with the barges.
Who was the deciding factor to get rid of them? If it was bob it earns him a teeny tiny amount of respect that he would be ok trashing that much money for sight lines

ppete1975

Fireworks are expensive, and well, the money literally goes up in smoke where the drones are reusable.

I would not be surprised if Disney stopped fireworks because MONEY and used the excuse they stopped because of environmental concerns.
When have they ever done anything like this?

Stop giving away something that costs them pennies, that consumers reuse and the chance is slim they ended up in a landfill.

Instead charge you for what was free, or up charge you to a reusable item.

Stop fearmongering!!! ;) :p

ppete1975

Drones would be cool but not as a main part of the show. I think they could be a hit or miss type thing due to weather, mainly wind.
honestly now that they are computer operated they could just stay in the air during the show, then show different lights and give the exact same effects if not better than fireworks. Just no boom.

Which i think silent fireworks would be a weird feeling

ppete1975

Fireworks aren't going away. Guests love and expect fireworks. They are very, very attached to them and its the reason their new shows are being punted after only 2 years of runtime.
They wont get rid of plastic bags, that people use to carry their purchases and reused them to give gifts to friends.

I dont put anything past disney. Especially if it cuts costs, can be done cheaper, and the environment used as reasoning.

Disstevefan1

When have they ever done anything like this?

Stop giving away something that costs them pennies, that consumers reuse and the chance is slim they ended up in a landfill.

Instead charge you for what was free, or up charge you to a reusable item.

Stop fearmongering!!!
Ironically, I am sure many of the environmentally friendly reusable shopping bags they now charge for end up in landfills 🤣

Disstevefan1

Considering the fact that the two new firework shows on WDW property both had equally as much or more pyro than their predecessors, I think you are being a little bit overdramatic here.
Feel free to label on opinion as overdramatic, but I still would not be surprised if Disney eventually replaced fireworks with drones to save money and say they stopped fireworks to help the environment.

Very happy to be wrong on this but it would not surprise me if it happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom