News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wdwfan22

I am curious to see how the drones would work. If they do bring them they need to play an actual role in the show and be something worth looking at over what's going on in the lagoon. It can't just be some colorful patterns, there needs to be 2020 Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony levels of display going on.
I'm afraid if they use drones then they will reduce the number of fireworks in the show. For me this is one of the biggest flaws of Harmonious.

SoFloMagic

I am curious to see how the drones would work. If they do bring them they need to play an actual role in the show and be something worth looking at over what's going on in the lagoon. It can't just be some colorful patterns, there needs to be 2020 Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony levels of display going on.
Issue with drones is they're somewhat limiting in viewpoint. If they're used on the lake, they'll just be pretty colors - can't make shapes and have them seem 360 I don't think? Someone correct me if wrong.

ToTBellHop

Issue with drones is they're somewhat limiting in viewpoint. If they're used on the lake, they'll just be pretty colors - can't make shapes and have them seem 360 I don't think? Someone correct me if wrong.
You just make the images rotate or make multiple copies. Some images rotate in DLP.

Go to 8:01

Royal Caribbean has a new show on Wonder of the Seas that we saw called Effectors II that uses drones. It was a really impressive integration. On a rocking ship, no less!

TheMaxRebo

One thing I like about Drones for a show at Epcot is they can be used to create 3D shapes, visible from all around the lagoon

dreday3

For me, drone shows are fun to watch one or two times, but then after that they become a little boring.
I like the kinetic energy of fireworks. Much more exciting.

(but honestly, I can only watch any evening show once or twice during a trip, then I'm bored of them)

jrhwdw

How far away do Drones need to be for Fireworks?? I wouldn't mind a Drone Segment but it shouldn't take over Epcot's other Tech........(Lights, Lasers. Fountains, Fireworks, Lights on the Countries)

ToTBellHop

Sure. I didn't think they'd get rid of fireworks.

I just thought everyone should know my opinion on drone shows. 😂
I hope that, whenever drones come to florida, Disney can pull it off. The show at DLP has received widespread acclaim and any show at WDW would be better.

At this point, I’d watch ducks with lit necklaces if it meant losing the Stargate and tacos.

dreday3

I hope that, whenever drones come to florida, Disney can pull it off. The show at DLP has received widespread acclaim and any show at WDW would be better.

At this point, I’d watch ducks with lit necklaces if it meant losing the Stargate and tacos.

Yes, I'm assuming the one that would be at Epcot should be better than the one I watched. At least I hope! 😂

JohnD

You just make the images rotate or make multiple copies. Some images rotate in DLP.

Go to 8:01

Royal Caribbean has a new show on Wonder of the Seas that we saw called Effectors II that uses drones. It was a really impressive integration. On a rocking ship, no less!

I liked the French response of "Ooh La La!" upon seeing the drones shaped like Mickey's head.

ToTBellHop

I liked the French response of "Ooh La La!" upon seeing the drones shaped like Mickey's head.
Insofar as Americans typically view other counties through a stereotypical lens, I actually found the French to be every bit as French as I expected. They seem to be proud of that fact.

And, to be clear, I loved it. We went to France, Spain, and Italy, and of the three, I’d most-happily return to France.

ToTBellHop

Didn't Springs pull it off??? Granted it was just 1 Holiday Season.............
I never saw that show outside of YouTube. I imagine drones, more than fireworks, are hard to judge on a screen.

We thought the drone show was better than the fireworks show at DLP. DLP fireworks don’t hold a candle to even the bad WDW fireworks shows.

I think drones plus fountains plus fireworks would be great. And no daytime sight line issues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom