News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Touchdown

^Less dead than that, they do after all prefer people at their parks evenly spread throughout the day. They’re going to have to do something to bring them back. However, I expect the next show to be entirely IP centric. MK already attracts evening crowds.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I'm trying to not give up hope that someone will realize the show needs to be another IllumiNations. I don't even care if its as bad as IllumiNations 25 (A). At this point anything is an improvement and morale would triple.

Captain Neo

Yes, this was supposed to be part of the newly permanent up-do of EPCOT as occasioned by the 50th Anniversary. The end of the 50th and the beginning of the 100th will be the face-saving reason to replace it.

The new show will have IP also. If you think that Disney will not be making 95% of new stuff full of franchisable IP, then you're in for perpetual grief.

You'll have to find a different theme park that uses only generic themes -- and no IP that they own or license -- for your theme park experience.

I will just watch old YouTube videos of Disney parks then And take my business to Knotts and Seaworld

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can I interest you in my educational pamphlet, "IP Use Is a Spectrum"?
Yes! Can't wait for her coaster!!

1673147083451.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would love that. I enjoy EF, just nostalgic vibes and nice to share those songs from my youth with my kids .... The the ending songs sort of ruins it and switching that to We Go On would be great

I'd prefer something that lets the songs breathe and doesn't cut them off every 10-12 seconds. If it means the show goes 20 minutes, so be it. Stop kowtowing to the modern attention-span-of-a-gnat consumer. Always going for the most/lowest common denominator is a sign of laziness and not what Disney used to stand for.

ToTBellHop

I'd prefer something that lets the songs breathe and doesn't cut them off every 10-12 seconds. If it means the show goes 20 minutes, so be it. Stop kowtowing to the modern attention-span-of-a-gnat consumer. Always going for the most/lowest common denominator is a sign of laziness and not what Disney used to stand for.
Listen, when we ask you for your opinion on a topic, we really are asking you to check in with your favorite influencers and adopt their opinions and preferences. Thinking for yourself is so-last-century, boomer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Listen, when we ask you for your opinion on a topic, we really are asking you to check in with your favorite influencers and adopt their opinions and preferences. Thinking for yourself is so-last-century, boomer.

Sorry about that. Old habits die hard. ;)

*Standards... lowering
*Obtaining opinions from social media... processing... processing... complete
*Happiness level... increasing
*Satisfaction with Disney... rising
*Desire to spend money on Disney merchandise and extras... increasing
*Conversion... complete

JoeCamel

I was wrong, maybe it used to be 8 seconds, I've heard it often enough on radio broadcasts but not now

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Sorry about that. Old habits die hard. ;)

*Standards... lowering
*Obtaining opinions from social media... processing... processing... complete
*Happiness level... increasing
*Satisfaction with Disney... rising
*Desire to spend money on Disney merchandise and extras... increasing
*Conversion... complete
Repeat after me: "I are the Magic!"

Mikey73181

I really liked the original Rivers of Light too.
I liked the original ROL too, the second version i tolerated but missed the original. I was a HUGE fan of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and was very sad to see that go away and I even went for the final showing of it. Harmonious at first I didnt like because it was replacing ROE, however I listen to the soundtrack occasionally in my car and it has grown on me. I saw it shortly after it opened in 2021, and again I preferred ROE, but don’t really want to go back to Epcot Forever. My kids who also listen to the soundtrack (not even cause they are forced to in the car, lol, they listen on their own) have never seen it and were heartbroken to find out it will most likely be gone when we go in April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom