News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

Friendly reminder that RoE was supposed to be temporary, too.

100%, that always cracks me up. We're gonna have a lot of fun seeing this play out, no doubt.
Especially when you think of the great career ROE had! Did Epcot really have a plan for After ROE When the 2000 or Walt's 100th ended?

I wouldn't call HEA too temp. if it was supposed to last from May 2017 till Oct 2021.....

mattpeto

Don’t forget Rivers of Light too, sadly IMO. Worse that there has yet to be a replacement. Another is Paint the Night, but not sure where that fits in as far as meant to be temporary or permanent, though seasonal? It was definitely loved by fans, but it would seem turned out a casualty of the pandemic.
AK has basically become failure at night unfortunately. I tend to think that Rivers of Light is dead because Disney doesn’t want to commit/prioritize Animal Kingdom being a full day park. It still closes at 7 pm most days.

Hopefully the eventual Dinoland update can spark some nighttime magic at AK again. Maybe we get a new show in a few years.

ToTBellHop

AK has basically become failure at night unfortunately. I tend to think that Rivers of Light is dead because Disney doesn’t want to commit/prioritize Animal Kingdom being a full day park. It still closes at 7 pm most days.

Hopefully the eventual Dinoland update can spark some nighttime magic at AK again. Maybe we get a new show in a few years.
It’s unfortunate because Pandora shines at night but RoL and the nighttime safaris were a complete failure. So, for the time being, you have to visit in December to see the park at night.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Don’t forget Rivers of Light to, sadly IMO. Worse that there has yet to be a replacement. Another is Paint the Night, but not sure where that fits in as far as meant to be temporary or permanent, though seasonal? It was definitely loved by fans, but it would seem turned out a casualty of the pandemic.
Rivers of light was a decent idea with a bad design. By the time the ending came it was anti-climatic. It needed way more wow factors.

Those Epcot barges with the water, screen, and light effects would work well at AK as that lagoon is not as visible as the one at Epcot

ToTBellHop

Rivers of light was a decent idea with a bad design. By the time the ending came it was anti-climatic. It needed way more wow factors.

Those Epcot barges with the water, screen, and light effects would work well at AK as that lagoon is not as visible as the one at Epcot
It’s not a very large body of water at DAK. I think the scale would be off. And I don’t want a metal donut in a tropical rainforest, either.

TheMaxRebo

It’s unfortunate because Pandora shines at night but RoL and the nighttime safaris were a complete failure. So, for the time being, you have to visit in December to see the park at night.

I enjoyed RoL, especially the initial version with the actors. The nighttime safaris really did fail though

I really like the vibe of AK at night thought - lots of musical performers, great place to just wander with an adult beverage, etc. .... Hope they can figure it out if the future

TheMaxRebo

I've always hoped for a version of EF with We Go On at the end, even though it's probably just a pipe dream

I would love that. I enjoy EF, just nostalgic vibes and nice to share those songs from my youth with my kids .... The the ending songs sort of ruins it and switching that to We Go On would be great

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Just me spitballing,

How dead is Windows on the World? I remember multiple people including @marni1971 covering it pretty extensively pre-Harmonious. Seems like after D100 they'd want to go back to a shelved idea that could've worked rather than start from scratch? Surely someone knows the importance of the show being called "Illuminations: *something*"

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just me spitballing,

How dead is Windows on the World? I remember multiple people including @marni1971 covering it pretty extensively pre-Harmonious. Seems like after D100 they'd want to go back to a shelved idea that could've worked rather than start from scratch? Surely someone knows the importance of the show being called "Illuminations: *something*"
WotW if I recall was an evolution of I:Skydance - that’s going back well over a decade, maybe 15 years now. I know they say ideas never die but.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom