News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The barges were out all day yesterday. They’re not as bad as the previous ones, but they’re still an eyesore. I wish Disney was able to make them more visually appealing when they’re not “performing.” I know the water fountains on the previous ones didn’t do much to hide their appearance.
That’s unusual. They are typically removed each night.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Just saw Universal’s CineSational and the use of drones really adds to it so much. Too bad Disney axed drones from Lum…The Universal show is so much more exciting and emotional than I expected.
It obviously is giving the thrill factor that Harmonious was maybe goal idk. The only difference no obstructive permanent eyesoar machine barges and two all the film movie properties fit right at home in the park because entirely the top classic ones originated in this park. That's the difference that hits the heart home that even Luminous is maybe good for what it represents but still doesn't tie into Epcot that Epcot Forver did and Illumination's ROE!*

stuart

The barges were out all day yesterday. They’re not as bad as the previous ones, but they’re still an eyesore. I wish Disney was able to make them more visually appealing when they’re not “performing.” I know the water fountains on the previous ones didn’t do much to hide their appearance.
They did experiment early on with a tarp on a barge (or maybe a couple) of the earth in a dark navy colour and looked as if it was a from an image of the RoE earth barge actually. It certainly hid the guts of the barges.

maxairmike

Not trying to turn this into a CineSational thread, but even though that show is incredible, I'm still glad Disney is doing large pyro heavy shows. They could've easily made this a screen heavy show with drones and minimal pyro and made the average guest happy but I'm glad they went so pyro heavy with this.

Just a note, the kind of pyro used in this instance (CineSational) is heavily impacted by the surrounding features and where it’s being launched from. I’m definitely glad they kept Luminous focused on fireworks, though.

jrhwdw

Not trying to turn this into a CineSational thread, but even though that show is incredible, I'm still glad Disney is doing large pyro heavy shows. They could've easily made this a screen heavy show with drones and minimal pyro and made the average guest happy but I'm glad they went so pyro heavy with this.
Since we're on USF, is it me or does CineS have smaller Pyro(size wise) than CineCele? I realize there can't be a big finale with the Globe Drones....

DCBaker

Premium Member
Where? Harmonious? Is there a picture.. how you know this concept

See this photo from @SplashJacket:

IMG_7987.jpeg

As seen in this post:

gerarar

Premium Member
Luminous had a lot of extra pyro tonight especially from I see the Light until the end.
Tonight:

Before:

Good catch!

Interesting additions, especially after the heartbeat pyros at the end. Let's see if this lasts for a couple more days. Will probably make another comparison video if it stays permanent.

Wonder if it has to do with the overhead filming that's been going around at the parks.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Good catch!

Interesting additions, especially after the heartbeat pyros at the end. Let's see if this lasts for a couple more days. Will probably make another comparison video if it stays permanent.

Wonder if it has to do with the overhead filming that's been going around at the parks.
Yeah I'm wondering if it says, maybe its related to 4th of July? I hope it stays. Some of it seems like it could be permanent, but a lot of it looks like it maybe is just left over the pyro from a 4th of July test. Also, do we know if they're still going to use the World war 3 barges anymore or if they're just going to use luminous from now on? They used WWIII for NYE.

maxairmike

Yeah I'm wondering if it says, maybe its related to 4th of July? I hope it stays. Some of it seems like it could be permanent, but a lot of it looks like it maybe is just left over the pyro from a 4th of July test. Also, do we know if they're still going to use the World war 3 barges anymore or if they're just going to use luminous from now on? They used WWIII for NYE.

I don't think there's any way for them to fit enough pyro on the Luminous barges to do the usual 4th of July show. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom