News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I've always thought MKs hours were dumb. 9am-10pm? Yet another reason I prefer Land, where hours are 8-midnight usually. So nice to be able to do hours of rides afterwards with minimal waits (after the families have gone home post-fireworks). I find it ironic that Disneyland's SECOND GATE is open an hour longer than all of Magic Kingdom

jrhwdw

I've always thought MKs hours were dumb. 9am-10pm? Yet another reason I prefer Land, where hours are 8-midnight usually. So nice to be able to do hours of rides afterwards with minimal waits (after the families have gone home post-fireworks). I find it ironic that Disneyland's SECOND GATE is open an hour longer than all of Magic Kingdom
And F! hasn't changed their Schedule since the early 90s since DL went down to 2 a night. Also, every time MSEP returns, it falls back into the old Schedule....

ToTBellHop

To be fair, DL closes early with no fireworks and opens at 10 am on weekdays for most of the year.

WDW deserves much criticism by they should be lauded for offering nighttime spectaculars in 3 parks 365 nights a year.

It took DL a year to bring F! back with Maleficent in B-mode…

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
To be fair, DL closes early with no fireworks and opens at 10 am on weekdays for most of the year.

WDW deserves much criticism by they should be lauded for offering nighttime spectaculars in 3 parks 365 nights a year.
Fireworks are on weekends most of the year, but that's just because of a legal issue with daily fireworks, not Disney themselves. They offer WoC (usually twice) every single night at DCA as well. They have two parades, Fantasmic, fireworks, and on nights without fireworks, still a stunning projection show. The projections (unless the projectors are under their occasional maintenance) are every night. Still, longer hours. Also when does it open at 10? I've never seen that. On a Thursday in November (November 17 2023) it was still 8-12 and 8-10. Even in January, it's still 8-10, which is an hour longer than WDW.

ToTBellHop

Fireworks are on weekends most of the year, but that's just because of a legal issue with daily fireworks, not Disney themselves. They offer WoC (usually twice) every single night at DCA as well. They have two parades, Fantasmic, fireworks, and on nights without fireworks, still a stunning projection show. The projections (unless the projectors are under their occasional maintenance) are every night. Still, longer hours. Also when does it open at 10? I've never seen that. On a Thursday in November (November 17 2023) it was still 8-12 and 8-10. Even in January, it's still 8-10, which is an hour longer than WDW.
Last time I went, both parks were 10-8. Guess I was unlucky!

I wasn’t at all impressed with DL’s nighttime offerings but that’s a matter of preference. They keep making their Fantasmic! worse.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Last time I went, both parks were 10-8. Guess I was unlucky!

I wasn’t at all impressed with DL’s nighttime offerings but that’s a matter of preference. They keep making their Fantasmic! worse.
The fantasmic changes are temporary. Everything that was and more will return. They just wanted the show back at all. In addition, we have 4 viewing areas for our fireworks each with different show elements such as lighting, projections, and now even a second soundtrack. You have... one? two? viewing areas. Also yes you were just unlucky. That's not normal hours.

Richie248

The fantasmic changes are temporary. Everything that was and more will return. They just wanted the show back at all. In addition, we have 4 viewing areas for our fireworks each with different show elements such as lighting, projections, and now even a second soundtrack. You have... one? two? viewing areas. Also yes you were just unlucky. That's not normal hours.
The new Maleficent (no dragon) change is temporary? I didn't know that....

Touchdown

Curious if you’re hinting at further show changes beyond just the dragon? 🤔
Bring back the version from 10 years ago through the queen. Then find some way to have a villain practically appear on stage (like Jafar does in FL) so the villain section 2nd act isnt a projection marathon. Honestly everyone complains about dancing bubbles, but that section is far shorter then the Ursula and Churnabog sections combined.

trainplane3

I had a conversation today and was told, regardless of our analyses, that those in charge are very pleased with internal metrics for Luminous.
Came back through the thread and saw this. I'm happy with that. I won't disagree with those that say the show needs changes. It definitely does in some spots but it's a strong show as it is. At the very least that hardware can stay in use for a decade, it's excellent at what it does.

ToTBellHop

That dragon's going to be so pretentious when she comes back from a semester abroad.
1717887464898.jpeg

maxairmike

I noticed tonight that the CommuniCore hall spotlights were going after Luminous. Do the lights in world celebration interact with Luminous or is it unrelated?

Wasn’t there tonight, but I did watch Luminous from in front of Walt the week it debuted and there was 0 interaction with the show by the lights that were online at that time (and they don’t play the music, either) I don’t believe that has changed in the past 6 months, both from personal observation passing through the area during Luminous, and not seeing mention of it anywhere else. I think that’s a big miss, personally. The whole center spine is just begging to be included in the show if you ask me, especially with the completion of Communicore Hall. Guests should be able to pause, look back to World Showcase, and be immersed in the show by the show infrastructure around them from Walt all the way to the bridge to World Showcase. They could at the least play the music through the spine and cue all the fancy light systems whenever SSE is used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom