News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Wasn’t there tonight, but I did watch Luminous from in front of Walt the week it debuted and there was 0 interaction with the show by the lights that were online at that time (and they don’t play the music, either) I don’t believe that has changed in the past 6 months, both from personal observation passing through the area during Luminous, and not seeing mention of it anywhere else. I think that’s a big miss, personally. The whole center spine is just begging to be included in the show if you ask me, especially with the completion of Communicore Hall. Guests should be able to pause, look back to World Showcase, and be immersed in the show by the show infrastructure around them from Walt all the way to the bridge to World Showcase. They could at the least play the music through the spine and cue all the fancy light systems whenever SSE is used.
Yeah I wasn't there either, only watching from videos. It looks like it was unrelated which I agree is a massive wasted opportunity, if they don't want to program the lights to go along with the show then at least play the music, the show interacts with SSE and you can easily see the fireworks from there anyway.

dreamfinding

Yeah I wasn't there either, only watching from videos. It looks like it was unrelated which I agree is a massive wasted opportunity, if they don't want to program the lights to go along with the show then at least play the music, the show interacts with SSE and you can easily see the fireworks from there anyway.
Looks like a missed opportunity for corporate synergy®

TTA94

Off Topic but will we see these every night? Or were they just turned on for Media?

Why is Commmunicore the only Area in World Celebration with Searchlights?

It would have looked cool to have search lights all over Epcot to go along with Luminous.

Off topic I hope the new lighting package for MK parade, if it happens, will be similar with searchlights on top of the buildings.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A random Luminous shot from an unusual angle.

Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_56378.jpg

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Hey guys weird question but I'm gonna be watching EPCOT fireworks from somewhere that doesn't play the music and I want to sync up one on my phone. Does the drum intro or the first firework happen at 9:00? Which part specifically starts at 9?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Hey guys weird question but I'm gonna be watching EPCOT fireworks from somewhere that doesn't play the music and I want to sync up one on my phone. Does the drum intro or the first firework happen at 9:00? Which part specifically starts at 9?
Yeah it usually starts at around 8:58 and the show starts 8:59, although that's From watching live streams so there's bit of a delay so that's probably not entirely accurate.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Just saw Universal’s CineSational and the use of drones really adds to it so much. Too bad Disney axed drones from Lum…The Universal show is so much more exciting and emotional than I expected.
This may be just my thought but it's like Disney raced in to get a Drone show esp at Disney Spring's because they knew something big like this was likely coming. I wish Disney stayed in their lane and at least they won't be able to race something up when 2025 comes for Epic Universe. D23 Announcements do not count!

jrhwdw

This may be just my thought but it's like Disney raced in to get a Drone show esp at Disney Spring's because they knew something big like this was likely coming. I wish Disney stayed in their lane and at least they won't be able to race something up when 2025 comes for Epic Universe. D23 Announcements do not count!
What's wrong with Drones at DS? Is not affecting the Big 3 Nighttime Spectaculars. We would be worrying about the Pyro count if Drones were added to HEA or Luminous.

IDK if TDO is rushing a Night Parade for EU but.......they're sure not taking about it!!!!!!!

Chef idea Mickey`=

What's wrong with Drones at DS? Is not affecting the Big 3 Nighttime Spectaculars. We would be worrying about the Pyro count if Drones were added to HEA or Luminous.

IDK if TDO is rushing a Night Parade for EU but.......they're sure not taking about it!!!!!!!
I mean apparently if because the Drone company from France moved just recently moved to Orlando just now then I'm not surprised they both want to get into it. It's just Disney had to get their show out before this park nighttime spectacular show of Universal that's all.. does it matter? I don't think so..

I'm curious what the nighttime spectacular capabilities are for Epic..

True that Disney Paris started the Drone shows, just speaking off of WDW here generally.

Last edited:

TTA94

Let’s hope not. We all know what happens when WDW rushes entertainment and the end result is usually not the greatest, or at least it falls under the “just ok” category. This new parade needs to be well thought through and fall in the “awesome” high popularity category of HEA.

easyrowrdw

The barges were out all day yesterday. They’re not as bad as the previous ones, but they’re still an eyesore. I wish Disney was able to make them more visually appealing when they’re not “performing.” I know the water fountains on the previous ones didn’t do much to hide their appearance.

James Alucobond

The barges were out all day yesterday. They’re not as bad as the previous ones, but they’re still an eyesore. I wish Disney was able to make them more visually appealing when they’re not “performing.” I know the water fountains on the previous ones didn’t do much to hide their appearance.
Let us just count our blessings that they usually go backstage, are centered, and don’t include a massive hoop in the sky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom