News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Disone

Good night all....
PXL_20231210_025313860.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20231210_032429784.jpg

Comped

Nice, but not quite Reflections of Earth, in tightness or content. A little too forced in the narration and the IP integration. Would have preferred different songs - best part was the welcoming from the different countries at the beginning, after that far too much talking and some very strange song choices. Great pyro though. Almost too intense at points

There was a helicopter circling the lagoon constantly during the show as well, out of Kissimmee according to flightradar24. Was no aware a helicopter could fly that close to a fireworks area.

Vinnie Mac

I think it's forgotten all too often that these parks are nothing short of a dynamic artform. This is art.
I hit this realization too now that our current trip is coming to an end. Online discourse is just that, online discourse. I get really caught up in debates on twitter and on these forums but these past couple of nights have reminded me how beautiful and inspiring these parks still are.

When I was watching Luminous a guy next time started crying during the loss section (it almost got me too) and even tonight after we watched HEA i walked by several people with tears in their eyes. I know it's easy to be nostalgic and miss the old nighttime spectaculars but these new era shows are very special. I know sometimes it doesn't feel like it but Disney magic is still alive. I quite enjoyed this trip

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The good part of this show being awful is that now we can have Epcot Forever back in a few months 😍
We’ll never see Epcot Forever unless they want to make a permanent version. If this show is leaving any time soon it would probably be replaced with ROE or get a new version of what we already have with a dramatically changed soundtrack.

MatheusPG

Huh? The consensus has not been that it’s horrible. Also Epcot Forever was garbage.

Okay bye 😅
I will believe in a Consensus when a trust worthy insider shares some info. When Harmonius launched it was highly praised by the YouTubers who want Disney perks and people who treat Disney like a inquestionable religion, while it didn't go that well with general audiences...

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Watching people's faces, young and old, light up in pure awe as the center barge does it's thing for the first time is magic.

I think the laugh of amazement is better than that of comedy. You can't hide it. It's raw emotion bubbling to the surface as your brain takes in the stimuli around you. It's something so impressive and new to you that your brain has no other choice but to show the emotion. This is a large reason why Cosmic Rewind is successful, in my eyes. When a concept so innovative is well executed, it instills awe. That's what EPCOT has tried to do best for 41 years, right?

Disney Analyst

I will believe in a Consensus when a trust worthy insider shares some info. When Harmonius launched it was highly praised by the YouTubers who want Disney perks and people who treat Disney like a inquestionable religion, while it didn't go that well with general audiences...

Good news!

This time it seems the YouTubers and influencers are mixed, because to them Epcot is a good vibes park where you drink, party, and do not feel any other emotions. As this show isn’t the crazy dance party Harmonious was, which kept the party vibes going, and as it has thoughtful slow / sad parts, they don’t like it.

And the general public seem to be loving it.

The world is healing.

UNCgolf

I finally watched it -- it seems fine!

I don't really care much about fireworks shows (although I did love Illuminations), so it's not a big deal to me regardless. The main thing is not having the terrible Harmonious hardware out in the lagoon all day, so this is a win.

I did think the music was really bland for the most part (the orchestral music at the very beginning being an exception), but seems like I'm in a small minority based on reactions here.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Good news!

This time it seems the YouTubers and influencers are mixed, because to them Epcot is a good vibes park where you drink, party, and do not feel any other emotions. As this show isn’t the crazy dance party Harmonious was, which kept the party vibes going, and as it has thoughtful slow / sad parts, they don’t like it.

The world is healing.
I’m done with the YouTubers, allot of them are a bunch of spoiled Disney brats who probably play a hand in driving up the prices.

jrhwdw

Good news!

The world is healing.
I don’t understand. There was never a Party on WSL before Harm. Now, because Harm, WSL needs to be a Party????? If there's too much Partying during F&W, maybe Epcot should go back to just Flower/Garden and Holidays Around The World???

Luminous doesn't scream 50th or even Epcot's 40th( Harm didn't either) However I do wonder why Epcot never thought of Luminous in 2019-2021?....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom