News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wdwfan22

I was there tonight, and they were not working while we were in the area. They also were experiencing issues last night after the fireworks.

jrhwdw

what makes it any different than last night?
I didn't see anything different. It's already growing on me! SSE was in the Show so last night must have been intentional.

Tonight, a YT Stream was on the second floor in Japan. The Japan Gate covered the Center Barge up well. You can still see the Center Pyro but not as good.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I cancelled it and got Via Napoli instead at 5:30. I do have options for Hoop that night and 4:00 on 12/16. Thinking that would be a lot with JN the same night. I'm aware of reviews but intend on keeping it. Hoop will still be there.
Skip Hoop, the food is inedible now and they've doubled the tier 1 tables.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
If you showed this photo to anyone on this board a few years back and said it was going to replace Harmonious, everyone would've immediately laughed and deemed it a pipe dream. Yet here we are.
Screenshot_20231206_215545_Gallery.jpg

Starship824

In the Parks
No
My thoughts on the show. My impressions the first night were pretty visceral and I immediately disliked it, particularly the music. But let's start with some more positive things. First number one. The Pyro is great. The use of the lighting, lasers, and fountains is a great big upgrade from Harmonious. Not having the ugly barges in the lagoon all day is a massive plus and is what should have been done to begin with. I haven't seen it in person, but judging by multiple videos from different spots around world showcase, it seems that this is very much a 360 show that can experienced anywhere. I thought the opening song was nice, and the welcoming of all the countries of world showcase was great but they didn't expand upon it. The integration of the IP songs was handled better than Harmonious and it seemed like they actually trying to tell the story rather than just randomly using songs in different languages. Veneration was definitely a bit too heavy-handed and doesn't need to be there in many of the spots that it's in. For example, during the transition from the loss part to the more uplifting ending, the narration was not needed and it could very easily be understood without it. I didn't really like of the versions of these songs, I hated the mashup of "When somebody loved me" and "Remember Me" I couldn't tell what was playing. Likewise I didn't like "You'll be my heart" for the same reason. Other than that the music was pretty good. The ending was easily the best part, it was a great finally. Overall, is it Illuminations? No not even close, but it's better than Harmonious and Epcot Forever. I definitely think this is a show that will grow on me.

Disney Analyst

It's people like that who caused Mickey's Mix Magic. 🤮

I mean, I enjoyed Harmonious also, and from a technical visual perspective, it was very modern and exciting to look at.

But I can also agree it wasn’t quite right for Epcot, and I much prefer Luminous as a successor for ROE.

I like my shows to have highs, lows, and a lot of heart. And the simplicity of the show is refreshing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I saw it in person tonight and it's great! Sure we can pick on the songs and the story, and of course the narration is still too long and too heavy-handed. It could be cut in half.

But aside from those nitpicks it's a really great show, it's something which I will want to go see over and over again every time in the park. Which did not happen with Epcot forever or harmonious. And even not for illuminations.

The use of all the infrastructure was Top Notch fountains, lasers, lights, pyro.. it was all fantastic!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I viewed it live on YouTube again tonight shot from my favorite spot and what a difference. It could have been the camera and location but I also think they tweaked the fountains, they looked allot brighter and straightened out than last night. As I soaked it in a bit I love how the mine fireworks are choreographed and do those chasing effects to the music, circles, and going across the set of barges they did a great job with that. But let’s pretend we don’t like it so they dont mess it up .

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom