News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I wonder why Disneyland Paris have done so much with drones and WDW are years late to the party.
Drones need to stay far away from WDW. Not only are they dull and boring but they’re the perfect excuse for them to axe fireworks forever. “Why are we paying for these expensive things when we can create similar stuff with drones?!”

As a friend said recently “drones in place of fireworks would look like the finale of Grande Fiesta, a mediocre knock off.”

Disone

I wonder why Disneyland Paris have done so much with drones and WDW are years late to the party.
Disneyland Paris cannot do the type of firework show the Walt Disney World can do. And fireworks are way more "bang " for your buck than drones.

Unpopular opinion: this site needs to start being careful about what it's wishing for because once Walt Disney World goes down the drone road you can kiss your fireworks used count goodbye as a dwindles away to almost nothing. Replaced my spectacular drones that will be boring as hell after the second or third viewing.

LittleBuford

Drones need to stay far away from WDW. Not only are they dull and boring but they’re the perfect excuse for them to axe fireworks forever. “Why are we paying for these expensive things when we can create similar stuff with drones?!”

As a friend said recently “drones in place of fireworks would look like the finale of Grande Fiesta, a mediocre knock off.”
I don't want them to replace fireworks either, but the use of drones at Disneyland Paris is anything but boring:

UpAllNight

Disneyland Paris cannot do the type of firework show the Walt Disney World can do. And fireworks are way more "bang " for your buck than drones.

Unpopular opinion: this site needs to start being careful about what it's wishing for because once Walt Disney World goes down the drone road you can kiss your fireworks used count goodbye as a dwindles away to almost nothing. Replaced my spectacular drones that will be boring as hell after the second or third viewing.
I largely agree but I do think customers still have a voice. It’s probably why the last “long term” Epcot show was turfed pretty quickly. Drones on their own are pretty dull, they’ve been used great at Paris though to enhance.

Guests know a boring show when they see one so I could never imagine a full replacement, or if they did, it wouldn’t last long

jrhwdw

I understand the fear but Drones have not hurt Disney Dreams any! In fact, they're totally separate form Disney Dreams. So if say, MK puts Drones into the OUAT Timeslot, it won't touch HEA!

Disone

I largely agree but I do think customers still have a voice. It’s probably why the last “long term” Epcot show was turfed pretty quickly. Drones on their own are pretty dull, they’ve been used great at Paris though to enhance.

Guests know a boring show when they see one so I could never imagine a full replacement, or if they did, it wouldn’t last long
Customers absolutely have a voice and that is why happily ever after is back. That is why harmonious got replaced.

But both harmonious and luminous easily out fire powers anything that Disneyland Paris does. That said I do want to give Disneyland paris credit for doing a great job with the limited firepower that they have. They are able to do a spectacular finale using only ground-based fireworks and I still think there's room for Disney Hollywood studios to learn how to do this. Disneyland Paris is also incorporated drones well into those drones well into those ground -based fireworks shows.

I just don't share the same optimism that Walt Disney World would be able to figure out the right use of drones. They would think of drones as an excuse to save money not as an element to add to the show. And that is why I say this site needs to be very careful about what it wishes for.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Drone tech changes so rapidly, they would constantly be having to upgrade the fleet, repair damaged drones, etc. fireworks by far are more economical.

Disney Analyst

I don't want them to replace fireworks either, but the use of drones at Disneyland Paris is anything but boring:

And as someone who went to Disneyland Paris, and saw the 30th drone show before the actual fireworks show, it was incredibly impressive fun, and entertaining. A great compliment to the evening, and if integrated with fireworks, even more stunning!

In the Parks
No
So far the poll has a pretty clear consensus:
1701904261038.png

EricsBiscuit

DLP fireworks are a disappointment for anyone accustomed to the fireworks at MK. Really, no disney park has anywhere near as much pyro except Epcot and DL (distant 3rd).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom