News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So I saw it in person tonight and it's great! Sure we can pick on the songs and the story, and of course the narration is still too long and too heavy-handed. It could be cut in half.

But aside from those nitpicks it's a really great show, it's something which I will want to go see over and over again every time in the park. Which did not happen with Epcot forever or harmonious. And even not for illuminations.

The use of all the infrastructure was Top Notch fountains, lasers, lights, pyro.. it was all fantastic!
Id drive the thirty minutes in frequently to see it. And now with the gardens open there is a great space on the front side of the lagoon to chilax in prior to the show.

jrhwdw

I saw a few more shells tonight. Less misfires mostly.

For example in the finale, the high heart-shaped pyro. Last night it was 2 sets of two and three. Tonight it was 2 sets of three shells each. So less mistakes tonight at the very least lol
Didn't all the Hearts fire last night? I thought I counted 6...

gerarar

Premium Member
Didn't all the Hearts fire last night? I thought I counted 6...
Not the heartbeats that shoot from barges towards guests.

The ones that fly up in the air is what I'm referring to. There was only 5 total last night.
Screenshot_20231206_212758_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231206_212941_X.jpg

Mikey73181

I know a few people were able to Shazam a couple of the pre show songs last night, was anyone able to get a more full list tonight??

Epcot82Guy

I've watched it a couple times on video today, which is as far from my feelings on HARM. So take that for what it is. 🙂

I will say I also just watched a video of the Peace on Earth tag. That done on this new infrastructure could be absolutely incredible. And it could blend very nicely with this show's story as well.

nickf456

Something I felt last night watching the show was that this show had that EF and Harm lacked: longevity and people’s relation with the show growing positive over time

Even though there were parts and aspects of the show I didn’t really like or relate to, I could easily see some people relating to them.

I also noticed that the people who don’t like this show are people who really liked Harmonious and “didnt want to be reminded of death or sadness in a theme park”. This just proved to me that this is a deeper show, which is EXACTLY what Epcot needed

I’m so glad people are warming up to the show, it is something you absolutely need to see in person though to really form an accurate opinion. After watching some videos after last night, the pyro didn’t seem impressive, but watching it in person was a different story. The 360 degree pyro from the center barge legitimately made my jaw drop, but it’s something that wouldn’t over a screen.

Disney Analyst

Something new tonight I didn’t see last night, a final burst very low, possibly from the new centre barge contraption, as it finishes lowering.

IMG_0609.png

Unsure if just a misfire or a missing effect from last night?

(32:57-33:08)

wtyy21

I will say I also just watched a video of the Peace on Earth tag. That done on this new infrastructure could be absolutely incredible. And it could blend very nicely with this show's story as well.
I would think that the new version of Peace of earth tag (the song currently used at World of Color: Season of Light) would be the perfect fit for the Epcot's holiday tag (assuming that they announce the new one next year or so instead of reusing ROE's holiday tag). Just imagine Peace of Earth finale at WOC: Season of Light using the fountains and lights, if they using it as Epcot's new holiday tag for Luminous, they could be extramile bigger as they using fireworks for the finale like the original peace on earth tag during ROE era.

TTA94

I would think that the new version of Peace of earth tag (the song currently used at World of Color: Season of Light) would be the perfect fit for the Epcot's holiday tag (assuming that they announce the new one next year or so instead of reusing ROE's holiday tag). Just imagine Peace of Earth finale at WOC: Season of Light using the fountains and lights, if they using it as Epcot's new holiday tag for Luminous, they could be extramile bigger as they using fireworks for the finale like the original peace on earth tag during ROE era.

I’d prefer a whole holiday show like WoC Winter Dreams or Season of Light. But with no projections that may be a challenge. I’m sure they could add projections of some sort though if they wanted to.

The final song in the preshow, the drum circle, is original content. Shazam produced no results.

So it's actually 50/50 original to IP :p Definitely, it blends with the opening sequence seamlessly and the drum sounds are consistent in the first part of the show.

For some reason on Day 2 everything seems to come out better. Probably the visuals got tweaked as may have been mentioned on this thread.

RETLAW

Saw the new show last night (12/5) and tonight (12/6), loved the presentation, but really did not like most the music. It was to up and down with no great climax (Kinda like a bad roller coaster). Especially the section about being alone. The whole show felt like a bunch of smaller shows are ran together. The other problem I had, was that it was hard to understand the vocals of the music because of the fireworks. I think that is where Illuminations got it right, very little singing, and strong, loud music that told the story!

I was surrounded by families where I was standing by Canada, and most of the kids had lost interest and were wanting to leave within the first 5-7 minutes. This actually made me happy, because they left, and my view of the lagoon kept getting better. 😂

At least it is a huge improvement over Epcot Forever, and Harmonious.

Hey Disney, how about a soundtrack that is story based, and not IP driven. That was part of the reason Harmonious didnt succeed. If I wanted an IP based show, I would go to Magic Kingdom or Studios.

Scores of the past 4 Night Shows:
  • Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (A-)
  • Harmonious (D)
  • Epcot Forever (F)
  • Luminous (C+)
On a more positive note, the new World Celebration area looks amazing!!!!

I am sure my opinions will be either liked or torn apart.

Jedi14

Why is Epcot the park where the use of IP in the nighttime spectacular is questioned when all the parks, even the non castle parks, have them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom