News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Earlie the Pearlie

I dreamt that the show had all original music like the new background loop of Pinar. And out of the center barge, for the finale, came a huge hot air balloon. Which lit up and floated above World Showcase Lagoon. Fireworks surrounded it with a message of soaring over the world.
This sounds like Splashtacular and I am here for it

OSUPhantom

More thoughts:

- The storyline is much appreciated any very appropriate for Epcot. Building it around shared human experiences was a great choice and add heart to the score.
- The score is mostly a hit (the friend section is the one part that feels out of place). There are truly some beautiful pieces here and I’m already listening to it this morning again. I would have preferred more instrumental and fewer vocals, I think the ending of the family section where Mi Corazon blends with the new Epcot theme was more what I was hoping for throughout but overall I’m happy.
- The use of the IP songs is not meant to promote the movies; it’s meant to tell a story about emotion. We have emotional connections to the songs but they feel like that are standing in their own without needing to directly tie to the respective movie’s plot.
- Visually it looks stunning and the use of water and light are great. Lots of fun pyro too which I love.
- There are still some pacing issues; parts feel like they move too quickly especially right into the finale. That needed to be sorted out.
- I’m 50/50 on the narration. In the social media age and the death of nuance and thoughtfulness makes me think without it people wouldn’t understand the story or themes. It maybe needed to be cut back a little but overall I’m not offended by it.

aladdin2007

Its nice the pavilions light up, but they completely did away with the sparkle effect which is a real shame. This show could have used that and dont understand why they totally nixed it....the show needs some tweaking but I doubt anything will be adjusted anytime soon. It feels like they have a good framework but not there yet. Cut the crappy narration and maybe it would be a little more enjoyable. Though the entire middle is just odd at best.

jrhwdw

Its nice the pavilions light up, but they completely did away with the sparkle effect which is a real shame. This show could have used that and dont understand why they totally nixed it....the show needs some tweaking but I doubt anything will be adjusted anytime soon. It feels like they have a good framework but not there yet. Cut the crappy narration and maybe it would be a little more enjoyable. Though the entire middle is just odd at best.
You mean the Strobes? I saw them.

SoFloMagic

I watched Harmonious during the preview, and people around me very audibly said after the finale “Is that it?” as well as “That sucked!” Not good for a preview… 🤣
Well, harmonius ended with a whimper instead of a finale. Then a really creepy song that made me wonder if it was over

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I like the giant floating Fountain of Nations and did not expect it to be as good. This show felt allot like a cross between Tapestry of Nations Illuminations 25 and ROE with a hint of IP and a bit like wishes. The great gathering scene was pretty much the tapestry intro and I think that concept was heinous for this show. I could have lived without the IP music and would love to hear something more mesmerizing like tapestry with this kind of show but for someone who likes a good firework and fountain display this show is pleasing to the eye, I think the choreography was real sloppy but maybe they’ll tune it up in time they were rushed. I think this shows here to stay but I do expect changes besides that I liked it, it’s not ROE but visually and the sound whether I liked the song selection or not it is an enjoyable show.

Last edited:

Ayla

I like the giant floating Fountain of Nations. This show felt allot like a cross between Tapestry of Nations Illuminations 25 and Wishes. The great gathering scene was pretty much the tapestry intro and I think that concept was heinous for this show. I could have lived without the IP music and would love to hear something more mesmerizing like tapestry with this kind of show but for someone who likes a good firework and fountain display this show is pleasing to the eye, I think the choreography was real sloppy but maybe they’ll tune it up in time they were rushed. I think this shows here to stay but I do expect changes besides that I liked it, it’s not ROE but visually and the sound whether I liked the song selection or not it is an enjoyable show.
It was nothing like Wishes.

NotCalledBob

Just watched it three times on a recording.

I think the narration is very heavy handed. The way it is done takes the emotion out of the scenes rather than adding. There is always room for narration, especially in Epcot shows, but this was too much.

Toy Story didn't fit at all.

I really like the original score.

Taking the barges completely out the equation it is an improvement on Harmonious.

However, it isn't perfect.

I thought Wondrous Journeys was perfect. So they can do it.

heapster411

In my opinion, after years of seeing I:roe grown into the final product it had become, the memory that was Epcot. We know that WDC has the talent and expertise in technology that should keep going forward and make any Epcot show a shining star! But, why do you get the feeling that they are happy with " just good enough" or just dumbing down to a "campfire sing-along"? Or is it that we are just spoiled and nothing is good enough? Epcot SHOULD be the night time spectacular that the other parks should be judged by. I will get off my soapbox now, discuss.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Or is it that we are just spoiled and nothing is good enough?
You Got It Win GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom