News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jpinkc

Sorry to beat this Drum but......................
Williams.jpg

JAB

It's infinitely better than Stargate 'n' Tacos, but I can't say I'm a fan of how far the pilings stick out of the water; they seem far too conspicuous and it makes the center of the lagoon look more cluttered than it needs to. I was hoping they just weren't finished, but it looks like they have caps on top of them, so that seems finished. Unless I'm misremembering, the Illuminations mooring points were barely above the water, and not noticeable unless you were looking for them. I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person, though.

bmr1591

It's infinitely better than Stargate 'n' Tacos, but I can't say I'm a fan of how far the pilings stick out of the water; they seem far too conspicuous and it makes the center of the lagoon look more cluttered than it needs to. I was hoping they just weren't finished, but it looks like they have caps on top of them, so that seems finished. Unless I'm misremembering, the Illuminations mooring points were barely above the water, and not noticeable unless you were looking for them. I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person, though.

They really don’t feel that intrusive in person.

Brenthodge

The speed at which they turned the hardware around, I wonder if a version like this had always been concepted or designed as a “plan b” if the massive budget for the star gate, taco, arms of wonder fantasy that did get approved, wasn’t approved. I’m sure it’s been tweaked a bit, but they ripped apart those barges, inventoried equipment, and got it reinstalled on new structures in record time to have come up with it from scratch in the last few months. If it was a plan b thing, bet they wish they went with plan b lol

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The speed at which they turned the hardware around, I wonder if a version like this had always been concepted or designed as a “plan b” if the massive budget for the star gate, taco, arms of wonder fantasy that did get approved, wasn’t approved. I’m sure it’s been tweaked a bit, but they ripped apart those barges, inventoried equipment, and got it reinstalled on new structures in record time to have come up with it from scratch in the last few months. If it was a plan b thing, bet they wish they went with plan b lol
Well they announced harmonious was being replaced during the expo last year so I imagine they've been working on it for at least a year now.

Corylancaster

We can dream, can't we?

In all honesty... while Williams' melodic lines are so smart and adaptable they're instant, iconic earworms, Greenaway's work demonstrates an incredibly natural understanding of pacing and anticipatory scoring. He seems to always know exactly how far he can push you without being too much.
I don't see why they can't just get Owl City to do the soundtrack for this ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom