News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Epcot82Guy

Indeed once you photoshop an AI image, or alter AI generated text, or mix the AI audio in with your own human created audio, then that alteration is copyrightable. And people looking to use the AI created will have a hard time teasing out what the original AI content was from the human alteration.

Potentially, but that's far from settled law in this space. I would guess Disney is taking a conservative stance on this until that is settled. Plus, Disney will need to decide which side of this argument it wants to be on (though it's lobbyists are probably pushing for favorite regulation to have as much cake that can be eaten too with the Copyright office and USPTO). The courts are somewhat more difficult to buy out.

However, there are still plenty of ways to use AI to save costs without going to the place we're all discussing.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Missed opportunity to not have flame throwers on the miniature barges, would've looked really cool with multiple flame throwers spread out across the lagoon.
As cool as that sounds, they're probably trying to prevent the inevitable comparison of Luminous to RoE. The Inferno barge in action probably looked more impressive than a bunch of scattered isopar shooters (see WoC).

Vinnie Mac

As cool as that sounds, they're probably trying to prevent the inevitable comparison of Luminous to RoE. The Inferno barge in action probably looked more impressive than a bunch of scattered isopar shooters (see WoC).
It would be a really cool effect if there was a sort of delayed effect causing a "wave" throughout the flame throwerers. Either that or having fire shoot out at a sideways angle too. Either way this show is going to look really impressive with how far out the barges are spread out

mikejs78

Premium Member
Indeed once you photoshop an AI image, or alter AI generated text, or mix the AI audio in with your own human created audio, then that alteration is copyrightable. And people looking to use the AI created will have a hard time teasing out what the original AI content was from the human alteration.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the Fed circuit decision survives long term. It creates a very blurry situation as to where the line is between human creation and AI generated creation. Even AI generated music requires human inputs (prompts) which influence the output of the computer generated music.

Let's say I decide to work at composing music with AI. I can ask it to generate a triumphant fanfare with full brass and timpani, in 4:4 time.. It will spit some garbage out. Then I start to refine it - asking it to start with just trumpets interspersed with timpani, followed by the full brass coming in. Then I tell it to add in a specific chord progression, change dynamics, insert a direct modulation, etc. What makes that different than getting AI to create the beginnings and then refining and changing it myself jn Ablelton? Or, have AI make suggestions while I'm composing? The same problems are being seen in software development - at what level does something become the work of a computer, and therefore uncopyrightable? Where is that line?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm having a hard time seeing how the Fed circuit decision survives long term. It creates a very blurry situation as to where the line is between human creation and AI generated creation. Even AI generated music requires human inputs (prompts) which influence the output of the computer generated music.

Let's say I decide to work at composing music with AI. I can ask it to generate a triumphant fanfare with full brass and timpani, in 4:4 time.. It will spit some garbage out. Then I start to refine it - asking it to start with just trumpets interspersed with timpani, followed by the full brass coming in. Then I tell it to add in a specific chord progression, change dynamics, insert a direct modulation, etc. What makes that different than getting AI to create the beginnings and then refining and changing it myself jn Ablelton? Or, have AI make suggestions while I'm composing? The same problems are being seen in software development - at what level does something become the work of a computer, and therefore uncopyrightable? Where is that line?
Currently, the line is when you use/tell AI what to do, and then, the AI does it. So, it's the AI's "work." And since the AI isn't a person who can have ownership of stuff, what the AI makes is public domain.

This is similar to if you hired a musician to compose a piece. You can tell them "more bass" and "crescendo here," but, in the end, the work belongs to the musician, not you.

Unless... you have a contract with the musician in which they are granting ownership to you for a set amount of payment. An AI, however, can not make that contract with you as being it's not sentient.

Now, if when the AI is done, you jump onto a digital audio work station and alter the AI's work in some way, then your alteration is copyrighted. And if it is mixed into the final file such that the AI's work can't be singled out, then it's yours.

Artistic "work" of certain non-human primates and elephants have also been deemed public domain, since, even though those animals are the creator, the ownership requires it being done by a human.

For this to change, it would take an act of Congress to define giving direction to an AI as indeed being the creative force and then ownership redounds to that human director.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Spice Road Table and Rose and Crown Fireworks Dining Packages have been updated on the Walt Disney World website to mention Luminous The Symphony of Us.

See the updates below.

Guests with reservations on nights through December 4, 2023 will enjoy EPCOT Forever. Starting December 5, 2023, Guests will see a new fireworks spectacular—Luminous The Symphony of Us.

Set your sights on incredible fireworks spectaculars. The skies above EPCOT will come alive with color during the following shows:
  • EPCOT Forever – Now through December 4, 2023
    Watch as the “spark of imagination” grows into something amazing—celebrating the past, present and future of EPCOT.
  • Luminous The Symphony of Us – Starting December 5, 2023
    Delight in a dazzling pageant of fireworks, fountains, music and light honoring the magic of possibility. Sway to the sounds of a beautiful score—comprised of original composition and evocative selections from the Disney songbook—designed to remind us all that we are more alike than we are different.

Vinnie Mac

The Spice Road Table and Rose and Crown Fireworks Dining Packages have been updated on the Walt Disney World website to mention Luminous The Symphony of Us.

See the updates below.

Guests with reservations on nights through December 4, 2023 will enjoy EPCOT Forever. Starting December 5, 2023, Guests will see a new fireworks spectacular—Luminous The Symphony of Us.

Set your sights on incredible fireworks spectaculars. The skies above EPCOT will come alive with color during the following shows:
    Watch as the “spark of imagination” grows into something amazing—celebrating the past, present and future of EPCOT.
    Delight in a dazzling pageant of fireworks, fountains, music and light honoring the magic of possibility. Sway to the sounds of a beautiful score—comprised of original composition and evocative selections from the Disney songbook—designed to remind us all that we are more alike than we are different.
I love the focus they're putting on the score

jrhwdw

See the updates below.

Well that's a start. No End Date for EF yet on the official Site.

pdude81

See the updates below.

In now for Rose and Crown package to check out Luminous. The last time I did the EF package there it more or less smoked out the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom