News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

I’m guessing details will remain under wraps by anyone that knows whats going until Disney decides to release it. Heck we may not get any more details at all or not until almost December. With the exception of testing videos and backstage pics lol.

I was hopeing we would get a preview of the soundtrack. 🙄 Very curious what it’s going to be like. As with any show IMO the soundtrack will make or break the show.

Vinnie Mac

I’m guessing details will remain under wraps by anyone that knows whats going until Disney decides to release it. Heck we may not get any more details at all or not until almost December. With the exception of testing videos and backstage pics lol.

I was hopeing we would get a preview of the soundtrack. 🙄 Very curious what it’s going to be like. As with any show IMO the soundtrack will make or break the show.
IP or not the soundtrack is what matters at the end of the day. If the soundtrack falls flat, there is nothing else to debate about it's literally the lifeline of the show.

Vinnie Mac

I'm really curious about what this show is about be like thematically. I'm still laughing over the fact that the name is literally just Illuminations and Harmonious combined LOL. The logo makes the show seemed Epcot-centric with the Millenium sunset colors and SSE but "Disney music" was mentioned in the D23 presentation. Very interesting so far.

PREMiERdrum

I was surprised they came out with a date, and also how close to the start of December it is. There is going to have to be some very rapid progress on all parts of this. Hope the timescale doesn't dilute the end product.
From what I've gathered:

Creative folks say the timeline is tight and show control issues persist.

Marketing folks shrug and say its "totally doable."

Oof.

trainplane3

Do firework shows tend to have soft openings?! We depart hours before the first performance!
Typically no. You'll have late night testing once the parks are closed but they'll run the current show to whatever the set end date is with the new show debuting on its set debut date.

Best chance to catch any of it early is staying in the Crescent Lake area and staying up very late at the bridge.

jrhwdw

From what I've gathered:

Creative folks say the timeline is tight and show control issues persist.

Marketing folks shrug and say its "totally doable."

Oof.
I hear you on the Timeline. But Issues already? I don't believe we have reports on Testing of anything before Tonight's Pyro Test....

PREMiERdrum

I hear you on the Timeline. But Issues already? I don't believe we have reports on Testing of anything before Tonight's Pyro Test....
Show control involves synchronizing a dozen or more systems, and the coding of which can be and absolutely are tested for compatibility and quality without a real-world output.

There are apparently some wrinkles in this show that need addressed compared to previous efforts.

SplashJacket

And there was a very good reason why there wasn't any specific details given.
To me, this implies IP is coming, but it also implies that they know we don’t want IP.

My overall thoughts, with the undeniable fan service of injecting World of Motion into Test Track and bringing back Soarin’ over California, I think they finally realize the direction Epcot needs to take.

Which either means, Luminous will continue that trend and we’ll love the show, or they know it doesn’t, which is why they’re keeping it quiet. At the very least, since the infrastructure won’t be problematic, they could, and dear god the fact I even need to suggest this, but make yet another night show in line with their current trajectory and goals with existing/plussed infrastructure.

Either way, I’m super excited for the show.

doctornick

To me, this implies IP is coming, but it also implies that they know we don’t want IP.

My overall thoughts, with the undeniable fan service of injecting World of Motion into Test Track and bringing back Soarin’ over California, I think they finally realize the direction Epcot needs to take.

Which either means, Luminous will continue that trend and we’ll love the show, or they know it doesn’t, which is why they’re keeping it quiet. At the very least, since the infrastructure won’t be problematic, they could, and dear god the fact I even need to suggest this, but make yet another night show in line with their current trajectory and goals with existing/plussed infrastructure.

I suspect you’re overthinking it and the “very good reason” they didn’t give details is simply that some of the specifics aren’t finalized and they don’t want to give out incorrect info. It sounds like this is very much a work in progress.

yensidtlaw1969

I think the implication is that they're not completely sure what's coming yet.

Luminous seems to still be very much in development.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom