News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

trainplane3

I do chuckle at the fact they refuse to use the IllumiNations name but then again, that name was on a show that pulled consistent positive numbers. Maybe if Luminous does well, a tweaked and adjusted version will relaunch as the next IllumiNations?

jrhwdw

I was concerned when they said the show will feature lots of Disney music. The original releases talked more about an original composition so I hope that’s not a creative pivot.
There should be an(Oringnal?) Theme Song. But no one ever said that IP in WSL was Gone.......

jrhwdw

I do chuckle at the fact they refuse to use the IllumiNations name but then again, that name was on a show that pulled consistent positive numbers. Maybe if Luminous does well, a tweaked and adjusted version will relaunch as the next IllumiNations?
You think that the Version that opens Dec 5 would have to change to get the honor of the IllumiNations Title?

trainplane3

You think that the Version that opens Dec 5 would have to change to get the honor of the IllumiNations Title?
They'd want to change something instead of just name swapping. It could be something minor or swapping out a segment. I'm just thinking out loud.

This is a super tight timeline.
I told them I wanted new fireworks for my birthday trip. They said the best they could do is the day after. It's fine I suppose. But I trust them because daddy Josh is going to make it amazing!

That was hard to type.

TrainsOfDisney

Do we know anything about this show? The name sounds promising. Please don't be another Disney songs "greatest hits".
Honestly throw in some Disney music if they must but just give us the classic illuminations music (the purple shell sequence and we go on) and everyone will be happy. It’s really that simple!!!

Cliff

Honestly throw in some Disney music if they must but just give us the classic illuminations music (the purple shell sequence and we go on) and everyone will be happy. It’s really that simple!!!
Guys....they are trying to stay on message. They want Disney movie IP in Epcot. Yes,...we generally do not want this and we go against the marketing message they desire.

Make no mistake...Disney's customers are NOT going to deter Disney away from their planned message or their mission....no matter how much we hate it.

They will make it...and we will like it...and if you don't?...Well?...the problem is "you", never the company.

jrhwdw

Guys....they are trying to stay on message. They want Disney movie IP in Epcot. Yes,...we generally do not want this and we go against the marketing message they desire.

Make no mistake...Disney's customers are NOT going to deter Disney away from their planned message or their mission....no matter how much we hate it.

They will make it...and we will like it...and if you don't?...Well?...the problem is "you", never the company.
Maybe, but it Should be better than Harm.......Or the Tacos/Stargate would be still in WSL. If everyone loved Harm, would Epcot really replace it just because of Daytime Views???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom