News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

I agree. I also kind of wish this new show would keep the name Harmonious. It wasn’t a bad name. I don’t think that’s the plan though because if it was they would have already told us Harmonious was returning in a all new way.
Don't you think this site would go nuts if the new title was Harm?????

jrhwdw

I actually don't think that's unpopular. The misplacement in Epcot and It's hardware limits - all of which you highlighted - are the problem. If they had built a theater like Fantasmic and this was in a castle or studios park (or even Disney Sea), I think it would have had much higher ratings. I do think it was a little shallow compared to other shows, but that could be fixed. It was just a poor choice for Epcot, especially following ROE.
Sorry, Believe Sea Of Dreams is better for TDS than Harm.......

Kind of like DE was a bad choice for the 50th after HEA for some people.......

Epcot82Guy

Sorry, Believe Sea Of Dreams is better for TDS than Harm.......

Kind of like DE was a bad choice for the 50th after HEA for some people.......

Oh. I agree 100%. I more meant if they built a Harmonious theater with the ring and 2 tacos, it could work in a castle park, studios park or even Disney Sea. The idea didn't work well in a 360 setting, especially for Epcot.

Bocabear

They definitely need to distance themselves from Harmonious....
I am hopeful that they will bring something more appropriate on this next try...
It is sad, there were things about Harmonious that were nice...but as a whole it did not work, and having the Taco barges permanently moored made it worse...
The real failing was the show itself... It is a shame that the original lake did not have a concrete shell so that they could sink the show equipment into the lake by day like they can do with World Of Color...

Bocabear

For me, while I hated the daytime eyesore so-so much, I could have forgiven some of it if the show had been better... I don't know what it was about it, but the movie clips and multiple endings, and a lack of any sort of story arc just made it a lot of stuff with no coherence at all. The biggest problem is relying on film clips instead of just making a beautiful show. I am glad the gigantic equipment in the lagoon is gone...and hopeful the next show will be better.

JD80

Harmonius was an amazing show in my opinion. I love the spectacle of it.

Barges were ugly, but they weren't that bad. The show needed to change because it was tough to view it properly.

Bocabear

We had proper viewing for it, it was the show itself....It had no heart and felt more like a D+ preview reel. about halfway through all of the people in my group were ready to leave. And quite frankly I agree with them, though I stayed until the end thinking it would get better....
We were in Shanghai a few years back (right before Covid) and saw their castle show and it was the same...felt like Saturday morning cartoon clips projected on the castle, and just a ponderous show that seemed to go nowhere. We did not watch the entire show...most of it though...and thought wow that is bad, what happened to the show writers?...thinking it was the regional entertainment department that might have done that one... but after seeing Harmonious, I think it is just the current creative team.

Squishy

Time to work on those conversions

Hope they put LED panels between those 2 poles
Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom