News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TDLFan

Epcot shows have always relied on mainly low level pyro and had long periods with low pyro.
Ah yes, with the addition of the new towers in the area, Riviera, Destino, Swan, it became more noticeable, if that makes sense, because of "being able to see Epcot's nightly fireworks." At least, that's what was explained to me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Africa is represented in world showcase. The others, no they're not but those countries exist and deserve to be recognized even if they don't have a pavilion, wouldn't you say? Inclusion is important.
An outpost that is nothing more than a food and beverage kiosk is not "representing" Africa. What's currently there is insulting, at best, if you think it's actually representing anything but a Coca-Cola stand. So is this about representing movies or representing pavilions? What other countries "deserve" to be recognized? More importantly, do they have food/beverage kiosks that can be exploited?

I don't give a rats hind parts about inclusion. I want original and quality shows. You know, those things they used to do before the Bob's came in and dumbed everything down so those with the attention span of a gnat can see some short clips from movies on Disney+ along with some whiz bang fireworks and go, "Ooo! Ahh!" and then hopefully buy some plush toys on their way out.

LittleBuford

An outpost that is nothing more than a food and beverage kiosk is not "representing" Africa. What's currently there is insulting, at best, if you think it's actually representing anything but a Coca-Cola stand. So is this about representing movies or representing pavilions? What other countries "deserve" to be recognized? More importantly, do they have food/beverage kiosks that can be exploited?
There is indeed a fully developed African pavilion at World Showcase: Morocco. It doesn't have anything to with The Lion King, though.

LittleBuford

Africa is a very big and diverse continent; arguing that because mine African country is represent therefore the entire continent is silly.

That’s like saying Europe would be represented fine by only an Italy pavilion.
That most certainly wasn’t my argument. I was responding to the claim that Africa has no representation among the pavilions of World Showcase, not suggesting that Morocco is sufficient to represent the entire continent. I have posted multiple times in this forum about the need for a Subsaharan pavilion to add some balance to the current Eurocentric configuration.

aladdin2007

I don't give a rats hind parts about inclusion. I want original and quality shows. You know, those things they used to do before the Bob's came in and dumbed everything down so those with the attention span of a gnat can see some short clips from movies on Disney+ along with some whiz bang fireworks and go, "Ooo! Ahh!" and then hopefully buy some plush toys on their way out.
not only that, as a side note the only thing operating there now is the coke service, they aren't even selling merch anymore, its all shuttered. Its horrible, it irks me to no end that and half the stores in the studios are all closed (because they dont want to pay workers)....But anyway I still think a equatorial Africa pavilion would be perfect here, even with AK up the road. They could still make it unique and different pertaining to Epcot. If they can shove Moana and Toy Story into every park constantly they can have more Africa. But really Morocco needs fixing first and brought back to full operation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is indeed a fully developed African pavilion at World Showcase: Morocco. It doesn't have anything to with The Lion King, though.
World Showcase needs to represent a huge land mass, albeit mostly covered with snow, Antarctica!

The Antartica Pavilion should have an outdoor ice rink. Indoor innertube snow slopes. Weather and scientific outposts. Fancy fish restaurants. And plenty of free krill samples.

aladdin2007

World Showcase needs to represent a huge land mass, albeit mostly covered with snow, Antarctica!

The Antartica Pavilion should have an outdoor ice rink. Indoor innertube snow slopes. Weather and scientific outposts. Fancy fish restaurants. And plenty of free krill samples.
lol, or just bring over empire of the penguin from seaworld since thats now defunct too, the ride anyway.

OSUPhantom

That most certainly wasn’t my argument. I was responding to the claim that Africa has no representation among the pavilions of World Showcase, not suggesting that Morocco is sufficient to represent the entire continent. I have posted multiple times in this forum about the need for a Subsaharan pavilion to add some balance to the current Eurocentric configuration.
Ah apologies, I misunderstood your post.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The dismantling of Harmonious gets underway on EPCOT's World Showcase Lagoon​

HarmonioUS_Full_51219.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_51216.jpg

ToTBellHop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom