News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How is this show featuring songs from the various countries in World showcase not connected to the surroundings?

Also you basically just painted every show that Disney has ever at Walt Disney World with the same brush. The beloved happily ever after has an extremely tenuous story and visuals that can barely be seen on the castle except from certain angles...

And Illuminations also had terrible visuals with it's 1980s crt TV globe. I saw the show 4-5 times and can't really tell you what the story was outside of "coming together".

Look, I get it, the barges were ugly and I stated that in my post. But people have extreme rose colored glasses for anything classic Epcot. They put faults on anything new that could also be fairly put on the same old stuff that they hold such high regard for.

Please inform us which World Showcase pavilions the following are tied into:

Moana
Hercules
Brave
The Lion King
The Jungle Book

For the sake of brevity, we won't even go into the tenuous links, at best, for Aladdin and Princess and the Frog.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Fair, but aren't the pre-schoolers, school-aged kids, and teenagers looking for Scotland and not the UK when they are buying 'Brave' merchandise? Are they even aware of the geography involved?

Disney could easily remedy this by simply listing what movies are associated with each pavilion and food kiosk on the maps, digital and physical. :cool:

James Alucobond

Technically, there’s also African Outpost, and Moana will be in the park soon enough. 😆 That said, the unrepresented countries would be awesome additions both visually and culinarily. Greece and India are oft requested.

IanDLBZF

Technically, there’s also African Outpost, and Moana will be in the park soon enough. 😆 That said, the unrepresented countries would be awesome additions both visually and culinarily. Greece and India are oft requested.
And Australia and perhaps South Korea would be worthwhile additions.

trainplane3

I really can't make this up. The one Disney Minecraft server is burning the barges:
barge2.png

Dan Deesnee

Please inform us which World Showcase pavilions the following are tied into:

Moana
Hercules
Brave
The Lion King
The Jungle Book

For the sake of brevity, we won't even go into the tenuous links, at best, for Aladdin and Princess and the Frog.

Africa is represented in world showcase. The others, no they're not but those countries exist and deserve to be recognized even if they don't have a pavilion, wouldn't you say? Inclusion is important.

LittleBuford

Africa is represented in world showcase. The others, no they're not but those countries exist and deserve to be recognized even if they don't have a pavilion, wouldn't you say? Inclusion is important.
As was pointed out above, Scotland is represented in the form of the UK pavilion. The UK isn’t synonymous with England (regardless of what Disney’s lawyers may think!).

retr0gate

I feel so indifferent towards this whole thing. To me, Harmonious is a show that served no purpose beyond just existing. Did I enjoy the soundtrack? Sure. Did it belong in EPCOT? No, I don't think so. Did that stop me from listening to the soundtrack in my car on my commute home from work? Definitely not. It had its moments.

I'm not happy or sad to see it leave. If anything, I'm celebrating the removal of the barges more than the departure of the show itself. It was doing the bare minimum to justify its existence in that park, but it's nowhere near as bad as some people were making it out to be. As others have stated, it needed some tweaking like an overarching score, and adjustments made to the "story" to help the flow. I think it's arrogant to assume that "nobody will miss it" because although I may not myself, I can at least acknowledge the fact that people did enjoy it. It was an objectively bad show but it's done and over with, there's no need to insult the intelligence / taste of those who may look back fondly on it.

TDLFan

I had also heard this about Harmonious, but wonder if any insiders can verify: The surrounding resorts that have fireworks views, like the new Swan reserve with its big viewing area, were less than impressed because the show had too many low bursts and long periods of time without fireworks. Apparently it was worse than meh when it came to booking those room categories and lounges. It looked more like pryo accents than an actual fireworks presentation. I heard this from a manager within the Crecent lake resorts.

Touchdown

I had also heard this about Harmonious, but wonder if any insiders can verify: The surrounding resorts that have fireworks views, like the new Swan reserve with its big viewing area, were less than impressed because the show had too many low bursts and long periods of time without fireworks. Apparently it was worse than meh when it came to booking those room categories and lounges. It looked more like pryo accents than an actual fireworks presentation. I heard this from a manager within the Crecent lake resorts.
Epcot shows have always relied on mainly low level pyro and had long periods with low pyro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom