News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

trainplane3

I wonder why they are doing this disassembly in the lagoon instead of backstage?
They're probably trying to avoid clogging up the marina as much as possible. I'd guess once they get backstage they'll remove the LED panels (for reuse or other things on property?), lift, then scrap/remove them from the park.
I thought they wouldn't fit fully assembled through the canal?
Nope, they all came through as one piece. There's a total of 7 barges. 4 tacos, 1 ring, and 2 arm barges that attach to the ring.

trainplane3

Ring didn’t?
It did. The two arm barges that attach to the ring were separate.
1680715436894.png
1680715461708.png

hpyhnt 1000

Still cannot believe this show was to be permanent and long term for decades to come, and they are taking it down now. I liked the idea of using language from around the world, but this show was just not good.

For success, look at the score/pyro/story from Illuminations, Peace on Earth Finale, and even any special Epcot tag. They were all far superior.
In retrospect, Reflections of Earth should've gotten the same treatment as Fantasmic! at DHS (and, in a round about way, HEA at MK). Extensive infrastructure upgrades, modest story changes, and new pyro would've easily carried RoE for another 10+ years, all at a fraction of Harm's cost and with renewed enthusiasm from fans and park guests. Could've even had WDW 50 and Disney 100 tags for the celebrations.

At least DHS and MK have top notch nighttime entertainment again. Maybe one day EPCOT will have it, too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They're probably trying to avoid clogging up the marina as much as possible. I'd guess once they get backstage they'll remove the LED panels (for reuse or other things on property?), lift, then scrap/remove them from the park.
This might be the reason. The did a lot of work on them once they were in the water backstage so now may be to heavy to lift back out.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
In retrospect, Reflections of Earth should've gotten the same treatment as Fantasmic! at DHS (and, in a round about way, HEA at MK). Extensive infrastructure upgrades, modest story changes, and new pyro would've easily carried RoE for another 10+ years, all at a fraction of Harm's cost and with renewed enthusiasm from fans and park guests. Could've even had WDW 50 and Disney 100 tags for the celebrations.

At least DHS and MK have top notch nighttime entertainment again. Maybe one day EPCOT will have it, too.
The entire time I was watching Harmonious for the first (and last) time last summer, all I kept thinking was "wow, Reflections of Earth would have looked stunning with this level of tech investment/enhancement."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom