News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Captain Barbossa

At first glance, that seems like a Durex billboard. Second glance, too.

Well, you should use protection with frogs.

Well, remember the bus ad for it that said: Tonight we come together

Makes more sense now, doesn't it?

Harmonious: Ribbed for her...

It's not the size of your barges... It's what you do with them.
After an absolutely horrible day at work, I needed the adult humor to cheer me up. Thanks y’all

aladdin2007

Good evening, and welcome to World Showcase. Tonight we are pleased to present a visual journey, an international fantasy of music and light. We're about to embark on a sparkling abstract expedition around World Showcase. With the music as your passport, we'll discover sights and sounds from colorful ports of call. And to celebrate our journey, the countries will be united by the festive elements of water, fire, and light. And now, let your imagination be your guide, as EPCOT Center proudly presents IllumiNations.

a little tweaking and no reason to not reuse something like they had with the original IllumiNations.

Dan Deesnee

In 5 to 10 years, when the memory of those that were in Epcot these past few years staring at those large barges fades away, this show will be missed. People who never got to see it live and were never in Epcot with the barges will watch 4K YouTube videos and ask "Why the heck did they get rid of this amazing show?".

There is no denying that the show is a tour de force, amazing fountains, lighting, fireworks, and music. Personally I think it's a shame that it's going away but I also feel like unless the barges can be removed during the day it pretty much has to go away.

My point is that although many people here dislike the show, years from now people will look back on it very fondly and those who didn't see it will wish that they could have gotten a chance to see it in person. I for one am glad that I did and I look forward to what the next show has to offer.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
The digital map has been updated to remove the Harmonious barges.

IMG_AFFD37159E0E-1.jpeg

Richie248

Happy closing night for Harmonious. This show grew on me (especially the soundtrack). I stand by my prior statements that this soundtrack is likely the best we'll get as far as IP integration. Yes the storyline was weak (pretty much non-existent). Barges were absolutely dreadful. Wish they tweaked the show to include a center showpiece that could sit off-stage and some low-level fountain barges. Add some additional narration and I feel we have a solid show. So curious what's next for World Showcase Lagoon.....

gerarar

Premium Member
It didn’t all fit back there at once, and the stargate and surrounding arms were secured to one another on stage.
If they still went with the expanded marina as originally planned and didn't cheap out, I wonder how the stargate barge would've been stored then if it didn't fit through the canal?

Or was the stargate going to permanently mourned regardless, but the taco barges be moved daily.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In 5 to 10 years, when the memory of those that were in Epcot these past few years staring at those large barges fades away, this show will be missed. People who never got to see it live and were never in Epcot with the barges will watch 4K YouTube videos and ask "Why the heck did they get rid of this amazing show?".

There is no denying that the show is a tour de force, amazing fountains, lighting, fireworks, and music. Personally I think it's a shame that it's going away but I also feel like unless the barges can be removed during the day it pretty much has to go away.

My point is that although many people here dislike the show, years from now people will look back on it very fondly and those who didn't see it will wish that they could have gotten a chance to see it in person. I for one am glad that I did and I look forward to what the next show has to offer.
Thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

No one’s going to miss this soulless, vapid, pile of crap show. Sorry not sorry.

monorail81

Happy closing night for Harmonious. This show grew on me (especially the soundtrack). I stand by my prior statements that this soundtrack is likely the best we'll get as far as IP integration. Yes the storyline was weak (pretty much non-existent). Barges were absolutely dreadful. Wish they tweaked the show to include a center showpiece that could sit off-stage and some low-level fountain barges. Add some additional narration and I feel we have a solid show. So curious what's next for World Showcase Lagoon.....
Isn’t tomorrow the closing night?

trainplane3

We think these last few performances will be rough? Because:
We watched Harmonious for one last time last night - and one entire barge was inoperable. No screens, lights, fountains, or fireworks - completely dead. Along with that, the show was delayed by 20 minutes.
I found a bit of the show at the linked timestamp. The one barge really was turned off completely.

brettf22

Premium Member
While I’m still not a fan of Harmonious, interestingly, I enjoyed Martin’s video more than the live show. I’m guessing it has something to do with his edits adding more structure and “story” to the production. Also, the tight zooms made it easier to see what they were trying convey on the screens, some of which was too small to see live, and completely overwhelmed by the hyperactive-toddler/“look what we can do” visuals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom